Favorite book and why?

A Feast for Crows, easily.

Mostly because I find Cersei and the Ironborn a hell of a lot more interesting than Jon, Bran, and Daenerys.

Ouch.....I love Jon and Bran....but yeah agree with Dany she hasn't she got her Unsullied. I still agree with on books though. The Ironborn at the beginning was a little bland but they delivered (despite being the majority of the book). Plus Arya is quickly turning into my favorite character. (Read her WOW chapter on GRRMs site it doesnt disappoint)

aGoT

aSoS

aCoK

aDwD

aFfC

The first book is my favorite, because the world was new, obviously, but also because the author had a good sense of who his protagonists were, what their stories were supposed to be, had a strong grasp of his plot and where it was going. He was in command of the narrative.

ASoS - Red wedding, purple wedding, Oberyn, Olenna, Sansa and Lysa, LS, Tyrion going rogue

AGoT - Starks!!!

ACoK - Renly, Melisandre!!! Sansa and Joffrey! Bran and Theon.

ADwD - Bran, Theon, Mel at wall and Jon.

Dany bit was fine. But wasn't a fan of the Tyrion arc. That's because I hate travelogues

AFfC - Cersei and Margaery and Edmure and Sansa bits were the only ones I truly enjoyed. Except maybe a bit of Kingsmoot only because of Euron. Dorne was a waste as was the Brienne and Sam travelogues

A Feast for Crows, for the same reasons people have said. It was so refreshing getting out of the heads of Bran and Jon and Dany and getting an insider's look at Cersei, the Ironborn, Dorne, etc, all these places/players we'd only up till that part observed or heard tell of. Not to mention some of my favorite characters ended up being introduced in that book. That being said I can DEFINITELY understand how some people couldn't stand it, especially after waiting for it from aSoS.

Game - 10/10

Clash - 9/10

Storm - 10/10

Feast - 6/10

Dance - 4/10

I think the last two books just took it too far. I was happy with the characters I had and he probably shouldn't have introduced the Ironborn and Dorne as major players. I was happy with the POVs we had, Cersei and Reek were great, though.

Archived