Cannibal Will Be Jon's Dragonmount (Crackpot)

Roddy the Ruin

I'm not certain but I thought he said once that we wouldn't see other dragons in story. There was a wyveryn when Tyrion was on the Rhoyne but that's it.

I think Arya will have a connection with Rhaegal of the dragons because he's green/mossy, likes to stay near water, and has teeth like needles. Plus, Dany's dragons have been called cats. They're the reason why I think she's going to Illyrio's. There was an AGoT line in her chapter about quick little kittens with claws like needles.

The dragons were no larger than the scrawny cats once seen skulking along the walls of Magister Illyrio's estate in Pentos

Personally, I think Sheepstealer and Cannibal are dead. Plus, to the topic Cannibal would be better off dead considering his behavior.

Never heard of the dragon, but is it possible hes an Ice Dragon? Making him a dragon of the North so to speak?

Cannibal is (or was) a wild, untamed dragon from Dragonstone, which lived during the Dance of Dragons as told in the Princess and the Queen. By the end of the Dance, it is one of the few surviving dragons, although it is still possible he died (i personally think he did). This theory will likely die or gain further support with the release of the World Book in Autumn.

Short answer; no he isnt an ice dragon

Cannibal is (or was) a wild, untamed dragon from Dragonstone, which lived during the Dance of Dragons as told in the Princess and the Queen. By the end of the Dance, it is one of the few surviving dragons, although it is still possible he died (i personally think he did). This theory will likely die or gain further support with the release of the World Book in Autumn.

Short answer; no he isnt an ice dragon

He couldve become one maybe I dont know if hes lived in the North for so long.

He couldve become one maybe I dont know if hes lived in the North for so long.

Well we dont actually know that "ice dragons" actually exist in aSoIaF. They are mentioned yes, but it may be they are simply the stuff of legends. As such, I would rather not speculate as to whether a normal dragon could become an ice dragon, as we dont.know that ice dragons exist in this universe.

OnlyOne said: Interesting considering dragons live a very very long time.

I don't know if this was in response to me or.not but I will assume it was. Balerion the Black Dread died of old age prior to 101 A.C, so 200 years give or take a few decades is the one known age for a dragon dying of old age. I'm not sure on the Cannibal's age at the time of the Dance, but even had he just hatched (which he hadnt) he would be 170 or so at the time of the current novels

I literally just wrote this in another post, but I think this is actually a correlation/causation error. Some magic has to predate the dragons, because magic of some sort was necessary for them to hatch. We also have Bloodraven, the Stark kids, the Others and other forms of magic that existed or started making a comeback before dragons. I think ultimately, magic is one big force of nature that is controlling and influencing everything, and is cyclical. It brought the dragons back, not the other way around. But people see the correlation between the dragons hatching and magic coming back, and mistake that for causation. Rather than saying, "The same magic that brought dragons back is also growing stronger and influencing other forms of magics," they say, "Dragons are causing magic to return." Again, correlation vs. causation.

Mel's magic is stronger at the Wall because the Wall is and of itself a magical entity, the "hinge of the world" or however they word it. It's not necessary for a dragon to be buried under it to explain why it makes her magic stronger.

:agree:

Aren't wolves notorious for stealing sheep?

"Kneelers" have been referred to as sheep. "Sheepstealer" could refer to a person stealing followers from another.

TBH, I can see any of the Starks warging or riding Sheepstealer. Then again, I can see any of the remaining Stark being a match for almost any dragon.

Cannibal could also have this connotation. If, for instance, a business opens a branch too close to another and steals business from itself, it's "cannibalizing" itself. Targaryen heirs fighting each other are "cannibalizing" the families support.

Well we dont actually know that "ice dragons" actually exist in aSoIaF. They are mentioned yes, but it may be they are simply the stuff of legends. As such, I would rather not speculate as to whether a normal dragon could become an ice dragon, as we dont.know that ice dragons exist in this universe.

OnlyOne said: Interesting considering dragons live a very very long time.

I don't know if this was in response to me or.not but I will assume it was. Balerion the Black Dread died of old age prior to 101 A.C, so 200 years give or take a few decades is the one known age for a dragon dying of old age. I'm not sure on the Cannibal's age at the time of the Dance, but even had he just hatched (which he hadnt) he would be 170 or so at the time of the current novels

He was in captivity. Wild animals live longer in the wild. Add magic to that and anything is possible. We don't know for certain that Balerion died of old age. Somebody could have helped him along.

"A giant shadow is cast over Dany and her dragons piss and flee before Cannibal lives up to his name."

So far fetched but what great irony that would be. Torrhen forced to bend the knee and relinquish the North to Aegon and his 747 sized dragons and then three hundred years later, Danaerys Targaryen and her puny baby dragons forced to bend the knee to the Stark forces when they take back the North with their own jumbo jet of a dragon.

I just looked into this and it appears that yes, he did say this.

However, just because Balerion died at X age doesn't meant Sheepstealer or Cannibal are restricted to that same age. Just like one dog dying at age 10 doesn't mean another can't live to be 20.

that doesn't mean a dragon can live longer either I dot. understand what your people are positing here all the dragons from the dance are dead

• 2 weeks later...

Balerion the Black Dread died of old age prior to 101 A.C, so 200 years give or take a few decades is the one known age for a dragon dying of old age. I'm not sure on the Cannibal's age at the time of the Dance, but even had he just hatched (which he hadnt) he would be 170 or so at the time of the current novels

Do we know how old Balerion was when the Targs took him to Dragonstone? If he was full-grown, he may be quite a bit older than 200.

• 2 weeks later...

"A giant shadow is cast over Dany and her dragons piss and flee before Cannibal lives up to his name."

So far fetched but what great irony that would be. Torrhen forced to bend the knee and relinquish the North to Aegon and his 747 sized dragons and then three hundred years later, Danaerys Targaryen and her puny baby dragons forced to bend the knee to the Stark forces when they take back the North with their own jumbo jet of a dragon.

No way this happens but how awesome would it be. Look on Dany's face would be priceless.

My guess would be, if there is a 4th Dragon, is that it would be at Hardhome.

That has been a mystery since early in the series so GRRM has already ;aid the groundwork for something being there.

A dragon there would not be out of nowhere, and it would explain how a dragon could unnoticed. Hardhome is a remote place, that the wildlings avoid because they think its cursed.

As far as which Dragon, it seems to me more likely that it would be Sheepstealer, mainly because of some of the Mud foreshadowing and it seems that GRRM like to keep animal a different color than rest (living ones anyway).

I am thinking that The Night's Watch arrives at Hardhome, sees/ wakes the Dragon and it makes its way south to Castle Black.

The books probably wont even mention that the Dragon is Sheepstealer and will eventually have a new name from a newly reborn Jon Targaryen.

I am totally expecting to see the appearance of some other dragon/dragons besides Dany's trio - much of the text seems to allude to one under WF, and other parts allude to one farther north past the Wall. Having one such as Cannibal somewhere around Skaagos or Hardhomme would seem realistic and not totally out of thin air to someone not familiar with the other ASOIAF companion works, given that there are hints throughout the series so far that could be built out with a bit of backstory.

Having some non-Targ dragons that somehow rely on Stark bloodline to operate - via resurrecting or warging or both - would be pretty cool, sortof the Big Lebowski-like dragonskin rug that really ties the room together, man.

I have been entertaining the theory for a while that Torrhen Stark, Warden of the North and the Stark in Winterfell, bent the knee to Aegon Targaryen (south of WF, mind you) on purpose, specifically to keep him from ransacking the north and perhaps discovering something that might be of great interest to him in the process.

Archived