Football LXXI - My Little Chelsea

Zoë Sumra

So we still have two teams who can win the EPL by winning all their games...

I have to be honest, I don't like watching Chelsea most of the time under Mourinho. This is not just a parking the bus issue - I am possibly the only non-fan to enjoy their first leg against Barca in 2012, for the tactical aspect: smart, but not as negative as at present.

There are those moments of unalloyed genius from Hazard and Oscar, which are entertainment in itself, but at the moment, they're too rare. A pretty effective package, but mostly joyless.

From the previous thread:

@Sir Eric:

Honestly, I can't hold "anyone but Liverpool" against you, since I've been guilty of "anyone but Man Utd" so often in the past 15-16 years I've been watching Premier League ;)

I think Liverpool are helped by the fact Palace have gotten those wins already over Chelsea and Everton. Now they'll have nothing left to play for at the end of the season, so they probably won't put up as much of a fight in what could have been a tricky fixture. And since Liverpool can afford a draw against Chelsea, I really think they're going to get it this time.

For the sake of this Universe, Chelsea must win the League!

I concur. Though, given the way they have have played Chelsea would do well not to lose at Anfield let alone win.

The thought of that hypocritical cunt Steve me lifting the title while one of the resident scouse pundits cream themselves to orgasm on live tv while shouting "Gerrard" in a throaty voice is more than what I can stand.

Please, don't let this happen!!

The thought of that hypocritical cunt Steve me lifting the title while one of the resident scouse pundits cream themselves to orgasm on live tv while shouting "Gerrard" in a throaty voice is more than what I can stand.!!

An arousing scenario, please happen

PFA Nominations - suarez, gerrard, sturridge, toure, lallana, hazard.

young player - sturridge, hazard, sterling, shaw, barkley, ramsay

obviously suarez and probably hazard for me. though ramsay would have had it halfway through the season. nice to see 2 Southampton players getting the nod, and 3 & 4 English players nominated.

I concur. Though, given the way they have have played Chelsea would do well not to lose at Anfield let alone win.

The thought of that hypocritical cunt Steve me lifting the title while one of the resident scouse pundits cream themselves to orgasm on live tv while shouting "Gerrard" in a throaty voice is more than what I can stand.

Please, don't let this happen!!

There, there...

If non-Man Utd fans could've survived assholes like keane, garry neville and, most of all, ferguson winning over and over again, you can take Stevie G winning once.

PFA Nominations - suarez, gerrard, sturridge, toure, lallana, hazard.

young player - sturridge, hazard, sterling, shaw, barkley, ramsay

obviously suarez and probably hazard for me. though ramsay would have had it halfway through the season. nice to see 2 Southampton players getting the nod, and 3 & 4 English players nominated.

Same. Hazard and Suarez. Not even close in my mind though as you said, if Ramsey didn't get injured (and continued his torrid play), I'd pick him over Hazard.

I'm torn. I hate Mourinho but Liverpool fans will be unsufferable if they win. Urgh.

Same issue I have. The way I'm looking at it now is I want Liverpool to win simply because their football has been the most attractive to watch. It's deserved. If I had to choose between the two, which I can't by any other metric, I'm going to go with that.

I love this notion that Liverpool fans specifically will be so much worse than any other fans possibly could be after winning the title. If any fans' team did what Liverpool have done this season and then won the league they would act the same way. How is Liverpool any different?

Liverpool fans are the worst even when they are doing rubbish. Personal irk experience of course.

Every fan base has annoying smug fans, but yeah after years of the "next year is our year" joke, If we were to actually finally win it I can see why people would assume our fans would be "insufferable". Could care less though that's one of those good problems :)

Archived