The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

Sexist Cannibals. Though being female. In this case. I'm kinda ok with that. (Sorry Guys)

Or maybe Man meat is the tastiest.

Actually I wondered the same thing. From Clarks encounter with the Reapers. There was a barely alive guy laying there. So leaving someone behind because they might be dead didn't make sense to me. Someone knocked out or injured are a less likely to fight back or try to escape. As opposed to beefcake warrior guys.

And that's another thing. The only thing I can figure is that Grounder Healer guy was playing along with Octavia. Otherwise I don't see how Octavia was overpowering and keeping him under control. He has to want to go along with it.

Not to mention those two men are stronger and harder to overpower. Ladies were just left there,no one gave them two looks. Me confused.

I was thinking the same with the healer. Idea that Octavia could hold him for so long is a bit silly,he's twice bigger than her and well grounder used to live in very harsh conditions. Also the scene where she gets inside their camp and there were all this bowmen around her and behind her aiming at her back and not one of them takes the shot even though she was exposed...ok if you say so...

Well I guess Murphy was prisoner too.

Not bad episode I still like how the story is unfolding.

Why did the Reapers only take male prisoners. they left both ladies on the ground?

My theory is due to the radiation, all the Reaper males are sterile, so they need sperm donors.

It's a small thing but it bothers me: the guard who told Bellamy of the drop ship mentioned that 100 delinquents were selected for the Earth mission. Meaning Bellamy was never part of the mission. He ends up on it anyway, bringing the number of people to a total of 101, not 100.

It really bothers me.

It's a small thing but it bothers me: the guard who told Bellamy of the drop ship mentioned that 100 delinquents were selected for the Earth mission. Meaning Bellamy was never part of the mission. He ends up on it anyway, bringing the number of people to a total of 101, not 100.

It really bothers me.

I think in the first episode we actually see someone getting of,like running off the ship in the last moment...or I'm misremembering but I'm like almost sure.

I think in the first episode we actually see someone getting of,like running off the ship in the last moment...or I'm misremembering but I'm like almost sure.

Even if you're right, and you probably are because I'm terrible with details, wouldn't we have seen someone at the Ark mentioning that one of the 100 abandoned ship?

But I went back in the thread and saw the post you made with the spoiler tag. The numbers come right given those facts about the book. It just doesn't work for the show.

Ah! Thanks!

A bit weird that they're hanging upside down like human IV bottles. Wouldn't standard transfusion processes work just as well? I guess the writers had to stretch for a little more creepy? *sigh* I also got the sense that they were drained to death. Again, why would that be? Just keep a lot of prisoners and rotate them so that they'd "donate" their blood and you'd have a constant supply of blood from your "blood slaves". Ewww... Unless the writers are going for a scenerio where they have to constantly "hunt" the grounders for more blood. :dunno: And I guess the grounders are too "savage" to have the situation explained to them and be convinced to donate blood voluntarily and combine their forces with the Mountain folk to battle the Reapers? The ol' Guns and Butter for Blood ploy?

I think the draining to death has something to do with vitamin d though I'm unclear on how rounding up fresh grounders every time they run out is more efficient than constructing some sort of outside cage for them and just imprisoning anyone who tries to mount a rescue. I suspect the attitudes of the mountain men has more to do with the lack of voluntary donations than the grounder's savagery even if their savagery is the excuse that is used.

Great episode last night.

Loved the turn on Finn. The character was pretty flat so far but hey, maybe there's some good storywriting for him ahead.

I know people sometimes complain about Octavia and I can understand the remarks on her character but I really enjoy what she's become.

Otherwise, good tense moments throughout the episode (though the lashing scene was poorly directed). The duo Clarke/Anya was thrilling, Marcus lunacy was convincing (imo), and Murphy is definitly one of my favourite characters !

I liked last night episode. There were many awesome moments.

Now how cool name is Octavia of the sky people? I love it :) She is getting more interesting. It's good when her entire story is not just love story. It still is to some point but now it's not just about that.

I was afraid Kane will forget all the good character development he had last season and just spiral in his dickness again but it was more or less handled ok. He was against the old ways but people he lead are not all ready to let go of them. He acted against his better judgement but now he's not that man who can justify anything. He knows he screwed and he left the camp in better hands and he did the right thing...eventually.

Finn was a surprise for sure. He seems to really care for Clarke,or at least they are trying to present it as great lurv. Belami is bit odd but I guess they are trying to show how even he has changed.

I hope Murphy dies. I really don't care about him at all.

Couple of questions...What were they giving to Reapers? Were they poisoning them or something? And what did the lady said they need Linkoln for? Some program? Are they trying to mix their dna with grounders to make themselves more resilient to the outside conditions?

Escape was awesome. I hope Anya mellows down a little,they are good team.

I hope people inside Mount W are not gonna just sit there with :what choice do we have" excuse for too long. So far it's understandable but when Clarke doesn't return in few days I hope they will care enough to at least start snooping around more.

BTW when speared guy and new girl entered the warehouse 13 where they keep all the paintings I kind of wondered why they stored artwork from European museums in American mountain shelter?

Finn and Clarke are one of those couples that are more believable when apart. You believe them when they say they love the other but when they're together there is absolutely no chemistry whatsoever.

For a while I was scared they were going to produce a traditional whip. The electrical one was still pretty bad but I guess I'm one of those people who see blood as an absolute no no.

That escape was awesome. But Anya needs to relax a little. I also don't get why the reapers have to approach their prey all slow and creepy-like, why can't they just walk normally. That would certainly save time.

Lincoln's tribe also needs to chill a little. I get that they were planning an attack but why did they have to speak so forcefully.

Loved the turn on Finn. The character was pretty flat so far but hey, maybe there's some good storywriting for him ahead.

Funny, I hated that part, and found the rest excellent.

I hate those forced character developments from moral ground to pragmatic guy and plain crazy murderer.

It's just for shock value, and it undermines the entire work on the character. Every time. This show won't be an exception.

It just irks me every time. I can't stand it.

I loved btw the revelation that the Reapers serve only as proxy for the Mountain Men.

^ I agree with you, it felt somehow forced on Finn, but maybe I'm too optimistic but I think the show can coherently handle it in the episodes to come. Let's wait and see.

Oh, and I want to see more of Healer Grounder and his pack !

Am I the only one calling Murphy "Theseus" everytime he's on screen ? ^^

I think that every time.

Not to mention those two men are stronger and harder to overpower. Ladies were just left there,no one gave them two looks. Me confused.

Both of the men were beat and tied up, the girls free and still had weapons. I know it still doesn't make sense that you pushed the girls back, you have 4 to 1 advantage, and when the got Ty back, they had female captures w/ him, but still the men were easily taken, and the girls could still fight back.

Yea, but IIRC one of the 100 died while in before they landed. He undid his buckle, and smashed into something. So 100 landed, then a lot of deaths. Bellamy did play a part in hiding his sister, so I am not bother that he is there.

What bothers me is...I get it, the base of the story. They were 100 "inmates" out of thousands of people on the station, because they didn't put those under 18 out an air lock. I get that there were several sections, and only 1 landed safely( or at least near by) but shouldn't there be a least a couple dozen new young people? ie those that hadn't gotten into trouble? The camp looks like 50 are so people w/ a half dozen kids, but no other young adults? Shouldn't it be a few hundred at least?

wow. 1 ep, and while IDT they didn't come right out and say it, we got pretty much got most of the answers we been looking for. With the bigger question of what program is Link been picked for?

So I marathoned this this weekend and I have mixed feelings. There are still some aspects of it that I like, but a lot of the things that initially drew me into the show seem like they're gone. In the first few episodes, it still had some cheesy and/or ridiculous CW plot lines, but it was very fast paced and unpredictable. When they had the little girl kill Wells and later jump to her death, and then when they didn't have some manufactured last minute save for the 300 volunteers I was really surprised and it seemed like anything could happen on the show. Since then, I don't think a single named member of the 100 has died, it's always redshirts. Finn, Clarke and Octavia especially have obvious plot armor so thick it drains all their scenes of tension for me. This is not helped by the fact that Clarke and Finn are my least favorite characters on the show. I'm just sick of Clarke constantly assuming she knows best in every situation, forcing everyone else to go along with her, and then being proved right every time through the magic of plot contrivance. Her mother is the same way, I'm dreading the inevitable scene where she explains to Clarke why she had no choice but to turn in her father and they tearfully make up. Finn is the most boring major character on any of the shows I watch, though at least he got a little bit of shading when he executed that guy.

The first season was pretty strong so I'm still watching, but the 'seemingly benevolent society hides a dark secret' has been done to death (see: Jeremiah, 28 Days later, A boy and his Dog, The Walking Dead (twice!)... in fact, do people on post-apocalyptic Earth ever find well-supplied communities that are actually benevolent?). I'm not sure what they can do to make it interesting. I was kind of hoping Clarke would open the hatch and kill all of the Mountain People, only to find out that they were really just a nice group of people trying to help. Maybe that would get her down off her high horse. Probably not though, since she can't seem to understand why Anya doesn't want to work with her after the 100 massacred 300 of her clan while joking about Grounder BBQ. Also, if Anya is dead that sucks.

You complain that not enough real characters die, only red shirts. And then you're not happy with Anya being dead :P

You should pick one.

Eh, she's not a protagonist, she had maybe 20 minutes of screen time before last episode. In general I'm not sure how the Grounders keep getting easily taken out while kids who lived their whole life on a space station are suddenly badass after camping for a month. The most egregious example is Octavia who lived under the floor her whole life and can now take out a huge warrior with a rock while she is recovering from poison. I'm pretty sure I could spot Octavia a battle axe and an arm without being too worried, and I am just a keyboard warrior.

I think one of my problems is that I always seem to be on the opposite side from the show's writers. Early on, Bellamy banishes Murphy and protects Charlotte. If I had just been hung for a crime I didn't commit, and then seen the community defend the person who actually confessed to the crime I would be pretty upset too, but the show sides with Bellamy. So basically if you are a dick you deserve to be hung but if you are a cute little (ish - not like she was a toddler) girl go ahead and murder whoever. I also tend to side with the Grounders - the 100 invaded their territory, captured and tortured one of their people, set fire to their village, and opened fire first at the parlay. Despite this, it is presented as horrible when the Grounders attack them and kill a few of their people, but a moment of triumph when the 100 kill all of the warriors in the clan with rockets. I wouldn't have any problem with this if the show didn't seem to go out of its way to portray Clarke et al. as paragons of moral virtue.

Archived