The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

Speaking of Grounders, do we think Bellamy will release those caged in MW in next episode or during the double-finale ?

Probably double-finale.

Why do you think he hasn't released them yet? They could have been useful in helping the kids fight back the soldiers. Or is Bellamy worried that they'll go crazy and slaughter everyone, including the non-soldiers?

I missed most of last weeks ep. But this week's ep was pretty good and I had no trouble filling things in.

Clarke and the Commander... Clarke looked receptive and then stepped back. I missed her bit of dialogue there. Why did she bring it to a halt?

And, as I said, I missed most of the last ep. I did see the missle launch but was unclear about Octavia hatin' on Clarke. I know Clarke knew of the missle and it was obviouusly disasterous. But I'm hazy on the whole subject and conflict it caused.

Bellamy just freakin' rocks. My favorite character. It's working! Uhoh, it's not working. Blow it up! Awesome.

Clarke and the Commander... Clarke looked receptive and then stepped back. I missed her bit of dialogue there. Why did she bring it to a halt?

And, as I said, I missed most of the last ep. I did see the missle launch but was unclear about Octavia hatin' on Clarke. I know Clarke knew of the missle and it was obviouusly disasterous. But I'm hazy on the whole subject and conflict it caused.

Clarke said something about how she wasn't ready for a relationship, not yet (not so soon after Finn, I assume).

The missile thing--Clarke and Lexa got a heads up from Bellamy that Mt Weather was going to launch a missile at their camp. Mt Weather's goal was to take out Clarke and Lexa, the leaders. Lexa decided that the two of them needed to sneak out and allow the missile to strike the camp without warning the others, so Mt Weather would assume that they were successful in taking out Clarke and Lexa and wouldn't be suspicious about a mole inside Mt Weather. So basically they sacrificed the lives of hundreds of people to keep their inside man, Bellamy, a secret.

The scene with Bellamy in the acid fog room was intense--kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew he had to be successful. Way to go Bellamy!

I liked the episode. I agree,Bellamy rocks. I was disappointed with mountain men,they basically only had one missile and that fog and that's it. I thought they had more tricks up their sleeves. Guess that's it.

Clarke and commander was actually ok,they did bond in last couple of eps but it is too soon after Fin and there's a war to fight too...

I really,really...really want to beat Jaha up with that stick of his...I believe in destiny and boat appears....oh just step on a mine or something. Ok seriously, they are taking his faith thing a little too far for my taste. There is fate and there is believing you're Messiah and he's getting really close to second one. All that is just too convenient. There must be some catch with that city of light.

Clarke said something about how she wasn't ready for a relationship, not yet (not so soon after Finn, I assume).

The missile thing--Clarke and Lexa got a heads up from Bellamy that Mt Weather was going to launch a missile at their camp. Mt Weather's goal was to take out Clarke and Lexa, the leaders. Lexa decided that the two of them needed to sneak out and allow the missile to strike the camp without warning the others, so Mt Weather would assume that they were successful in taking out Clarke and Lexa and wouldn't be suspicious about a mole inside Mt Weather. So basically they sacrificed the lives of hundreds of people to keep their inside man, Bellamy, a secret.

The scene with Bellamy in the acid fog room was intense--kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew he had to be successful. Way to go Bellamy!

Thanks! That clears it all up for me. :)

Thanks! That clears it all up for me. :)

No problem!

On Clarke x Lexa, the writers have tweeted that Clarke is canonically bisexual, which is awesome since bi-erasure seems to be a huge thing in TV shows...looking at you Orange is the New Black.

Up to the mid-season finale (Channel 4 are airing it about 6 weeks behind US pace) and it's been a pretty good season, definitely a major improvement on Season 1 (which was in the "fun but lightweight") category.

One thing I'm trying to work out is the geography. We know where Mount Weather is and we know that Lincoln's village is near the Lincoln Memorial, which is 46 miles to the east. If we assume that the dropship/original camp is between the two, that'd put it somewhere near Reston, Sterling or Dulles Airport. Camp Jaha is 22km (13 miles) south-west of the dropship. The desert Jaha came down in seems to be similar to the desert shown in the opening title sequence, which is basically New York (the Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty can be seen, and the Brooklyn Bridge might be the bridge briefly seen after Jaha's crash). That's 235 miles to the north-east of Mt. Weather, which a much larger distance than we've seen so far but not implausible, at least from how far these societies operate over.

The big problem there is that the writers keep a fairly tight timeline for the show (like Lost before it) and it seems to rule out some of these distances. At best, Jaha only had maybe five days to get from being on the Ark to meeting Kane in the DC subway station, which given he spent at least a day with the desert family seems outright impossible. So maybe it wasn't New York (despite most of the other title sequence locations corresponding to locations seen in the show so far).

The other clan of Grounders Lincoln mentions lives "over the sea". Assuming the Grounds don't have transatlantic capability (although the sea level seems to have dropped based on New York's status), that might just mean across Chesapeake Bay.

One thing that is clear: these guys are routinely accomplishing 20+ mile hikes through often-thick woodland in just a few hours and having epic battles/tense dramatic showdowns/romantic entanglements at the other end of them. No wonder everyone's buff. They even put the guys from Lost to shame.

I think Lexa's gonna bite that... but it was an understandable move of her.

Things look quite tense right now... if we consider things, only Clarke, Octavia, Bellamy, Jasper, Monty and Maya are operational to fight against the Mountain Men right now. Tough.

And I hope we'll check on the City of Light arc next week, I hope they wont let that thread in the air until next year.

Alright, yeah, I know. This show is shit. It's basically a big mix of Hunger Games, Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Paradise Hotel. Every goddamn episode ends with a montage and a song to remind you who the fuck the characters are, how they collectively feel and are doing, and how you should feel as a result.

But after hating on a long streak of other shit sci-fi shows like Revolution, Defiance, The Tomorrow People etc. - for some reason I stuck with this. I don't know what it is. It could be

- the rather weak, but still amusing attempt at portraying survivalism-turned-barbarism á la Lord Of The Flies

- the ridiculous percentage of main characters who look like perpetually airbrushed supermodels

- the malicious joy of watching teenagers try to organize themselves and getting hurt and injured in the process

But then again, I have to admit it does some things right as well, and every time I'm positively surprised because this *looks* like a crash and burn 1-season show.

- the lead actress is actually not all that annoying; in fact, as far as newbie teenage actors go, only a few of them are

- most characters turn out to be more than the stereotypes they're initially presented as, even though the psychology behind their motivations is usually pretty simplistic

- a couple of edgy plot twists in the first five episodes, especially that one in ep 3; the show isn't afraid to go to some pretty bleak places that fly in the face of an otherwise glossy appearance

- the plot seems thought out (which can probably be attributed to the fact that it's an adaptation of a novel or a series of novels or something)

So, anyone else watching? And am I wrong in giving it 10% of credit along with the 90% of hate it probably deserves?

How very dare you! RIP TTP, Jedekiah went super evil and became Lucifer

Just watched the finale. Wow. Hell of an episode. City of Light was not at all what I expected...I have no clue where that storyline is going to go.

I am very, very glad we're getting a season 3, because that would have been a terrible way to end the show.

Just watched the finale. Wow. Hell of an episode. City of Light was not at all what I expected...I have no clue where that storyline is going to go.

I am very, very glad we're getting a season 3, because that would have been a terrible way to end the show.

And all that awfulness was actually leading to something interesting. Should be fun.

Clark story arc this season was excellent. After how shit this show was in the beginning, I'm floored by how much I'm anticipating season three.

Clark story arc this season was excellent. After how shit this show was in the beginning, I'm floored by how much I'm anticipating season three.

Clarke definitely had a fantastic arc, it's pretty amazing. Possibly one of my favorite characters on TV right now. And yeah, for how shaky and typical-CW the show was during the first few episodes, it's really grown into something much more mature and interesting. Hope they can keep up the quality, and continue to get more seasons!

@Underfoot, I am the opposite OP of the season. The further it went the weirder, and more outlandish it got. Best point, her mother kept telling her that she needed to do the right things/ right way, but at the end it last ep she says there isn't a right thing???? If they had taken the base control unit, why couldn't they have play the whole release my people or else to everyone? Just saying.

As for next season, it seems that we will get to know Cerra's Alie/AI character, who is the "she" that got and unleashed the Nuke codes. Question is what she wants the nuke Jaha rode down, for.

2nd Question is who is living in the bunker that Murphy found.

As for next season, it seems that we will get to know Cerra's Alie/AI character, who is the "she" that got and unleashed the Nuke codes. Question is what she wants the nuke Jaha rode down, for.

Well, obviously, she wants to finish the job.

2nd Question is who is living in the bunker that Murphy found.

If you mean the guy on the video, he's the father of the AI. But now that you mention it, there seems to be someone else living there.

Archived