House Heddles

Wmarshal

This house interest me a great deal, the oldest account of this house is Jon Heddle a adventurous knight who took over the Crossroads Inn, then his son as a old witness the blackfyre rebellion. A couple years later a new Heddle is shown, Tommard a rising knight looking to gain all riches of house Butterwell when his father in law dies. But then came Dunk. Anyway, from prime heirs to a rich house, the Heddles return peaceful inn keepers. Then the lannisters f*cked everything up. Alot crazy $h*t happen and after a couple of butcheries the Heddles are reduced to a couple of girls. Is there any hope for this house of adventurers?

If the one of the girls marries a common man with no surname, then I think the surname of their children would be borrowed from their mothers like it is with the Mormonts.

Apart of me think it is going to be Gendry.

Apart of me think it is going to be Gendry.

I think Gendry is more likely to be legitimized, and made Lord of SE with Arya as his wife. It would be kind of along the lines of healing the rift between House Stark and Baratheon in a similar vein to Eustace marrying Rohanne Webber, whose father refused a marriage offer by Eustace to Rohanne for his son Addam. Only in this case it would be Lyanna's refusal to marry Robert where the rift began. But that is just my theory.

I think Gendry is more likely to be legitimized, and made Lord of SE with Arya as his wife. It would be kind of along the lines of healing the rift between House Stark and Baratheon in a similar vein to Eustace marrying Rohanne Webber, whose father refused a marriage offer by Eustace to Rohanne for his son Addam. Only in this case it would be Lyanna's refusal to marry Robert where the rift began. But that is just my theory.

Wha? Gendry is off in the riverlands playing bandit, and Arya is of being an assassin. Also no one including Gendry knows of his origins. And their is the whole he has two noble kin, Mya, and Edric, who are well known unlike him.

Im not aware of this house can someone fill me in?

They are the fun fact house, some what knightly in origin but have dissolved into mere inn keepers, but then the lannisters came and messed everything up. Most died expect a group of girls who are hanging with Gendry. One of their ancestors tangoed with Dunk the Lunk.

Wha? Gendry is off in the riverlands playing bandit, and Arya is of being an assassin. Also no one including Gendry knows of his origins. And their is the whole he has two noble kin, Mya, and Edric, who are well known unlike him.

Brienne knows who Gendry's father is. I think Gendry will be told eventually, and Brienne would be the best candidate. I don't see the point of him being perpetually kept in the dark about his father. I think Dany will come upon Edric, but he will get himself killed in battle.

I think Gendry will have a role to play in the end.

Brienne knows who Gendry's father is. I think Gendry will be told eventually, and Brienne would be the best candidate. I don't see the point of him being perpetually kept in the dark about his father. I think Dany will come upon Edric, but he will get himself killed in battle.

I think Gendry will have a role to play in the end.

How would he get killed in battle? Or found by Dan? He is like ten and deep in hiding. Gentry is in no possession to get anything.

Ser Hyle said Willow and Gendry already act like a married couple. It's not like Arya would care anyways. She's not some pathetic person who pines for someone for years like LF or Tristifer Botley without moving on and she didn't think any negative or violent thoughts about Bella at the Peach.

Although I personally wouldn't be surprised if Gendry did something of note and died. Maybe not though. I don't think he'll ever become lord regardless of what happens.

Ser Hyle said Willow and Gendry already act like a married couple. It's not like Arya would care anyways. She's not some pathetic person who pines for someone for years like LF or Tristifer Botley without moving on and she didn't think any negative or violent thoughts about Bella at the Peach.

Although I personally wouldn't be surprised if Gendry did something of note and died. Maybe not though. I don't think he'll ever become lord regardless of what happens.

Because Willow is another faux Arya in the story along with Jeyne and Alys. The idea being that people are taking her place as she becomes no one. We all know she's coming back to reclaim herself for good or bad. Gendry's looking for Arya with Stoneheart, finds an Arya-alike. The Boltons want Arya to sure their claim to the North, they get an Arya alike. Melisandre wants an Arya to get Jons Loyalty, gets an Arya-alike.

*and my post was tongue in cheek anyway, hence the smilie

Because Willow is another faux Arya in the story along with Jeyne and Alys. The idea being that people are taking her place as she becomes no one. We all know she's coming back to reclaim herself for good or bad. Gendry's looking for Arya with Stoneheart, finds an Arya-alike. The Boltons want Arya to sure their claim to the North, they get an Arya alike. Melisandre wants an Arya to get Jons Loyalty, gets an Arya-alike.

*and my post was tongue in cheek anyway, hence the smilie

Why would Willow or her sisters want to replace her? They are their own group of people and their lives are their own. Arya has no quarrel with them unless she becomes extremely petty. I see no reason why Arya would come for any of her look alikes, non of them want to be her. We don't really know if Arya returns, she seems involved very much in being a killer.

They aren't a "house", she's descendant from Tommard Heddle (The Mystery Knight), who was a knight and had a last name.

Isn't that what a house is? Everyone with the same last name?

Isn't that what a house is? Everyone with the same last name?

Technically maybe, but when people say "house" they mean a noble house. With words and a sigil and a seat, and the prestige that goes along with those things. The Heddles aren't sworn bannermen to any lord, they're just peasants with a last name.

Edit: Another example is Janos Slynt. He has his last name when we first meet him but House Slynt is only formed later.

They aren't a "house", she's descendant from Tommard Heddle (The Mystery Knight), who was a knight and had a last name.

do we know that for sure?

the heddle's date back to Jaehaerys and who knows how many Kings have stayed at the Crossroads. Dragon blood and royalty might be included in the Heddle line so a " claim " to the throne after Aegon the Unworthy makes everyone legtimate might be in play for some yet "unknown" player.

Technically maybe, but when people say "house" they mean a noble house. With words and a sigil and a seat, and the prestige that goes along with those things. The Heddles aren't sworn bannermen to any lord, they're just peasants with a last name.

I think they are more important to the song of ice and fire than you give them credit for. The have "appeared" in every novel. I think the Inn that Dunk meets Egg at is the Crossroads irrc but I could be wrong.

I think they are more important to the song of ice and fire than you give them credit for. The have "appeared" in every novel. I think the Inn that Dunk meets Egg at is the Crossroads irrc but I could be wrong.

They may be important to the story but that doesn't somehow elevate them to the status of nobles.

Archived