Jaime, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the Brotherhood: what do you want to happen?

Dickon_Tarly

If Brienne is, as many suspect, taking Jaime to Lady Stoneheart (LS) for judgement, how do you WANT things to turn out? How do you think things WILL turn out?

Personally I am hoping that Brienne delivers Jaime to LS (Jaime doing an incredulous dissapointed-face at Brienne when he realises) and a trial by combat ensues. If this is the case I'm willing to bet my right hand (get it?) that Stoneheart will nominate Brienne as her champion to fight Jaime. If this happens, I'm thinking Brienne will have a serious crisis of loyalty, go into full on chivalric meltdown and refuse to fight or let Jaime win, at which point he will refuse to kill her and they will end up attacking / fighting the Brotherhood together.

Being a massive Jaime fan I'm of course hoping for a last man standing type deal where he emerges from the fight drenched head to toe in blood, with Brienne essentially sacrificing herself for Jaime. With, LS, Thoros, dead (with no more 1up mushrooms) and whatever's left of the Brotherhood dead / run away, maybe GRRM will even break convention and have a few last words from Brienne, after which Jaime is fully catalysed into becoming a proper knight once and for all.

I want LS hang him for all his horrid crimes, pushing her son out of a window, threating to kill her brother's unborn child, and attacking the riverlands with no just cause. Afterwards I would like her to plan the assault on Damon and his future Frey in laws. Revenge is a stonehearted bitch.

Edit: I would also like her to ally with HS under the promise to she to reconvert her men to the seven, she doesn't have to say she would do that how hard, then unite the smallfolk of the realm under good king Aegon.

Haha, well I think we can say that our hopes are at the polar ends of the spectrum. Love the disparity in people's views on Jaime

Though I would say that:

1) pushing Bran out the window started his journey to being the greenseer (granted Jaime did it for totally selfish reasons)

2) I don't think his threat to Edmure about returning the baby with a catapult was sincere, he just wanted him to think it was sincere

3) He beseiged Riverrun - attacking the castle and soldiers, not the riverlands - It was Ser Gregor that was charged with burning the fields and attacking the peasants
And Jaime did this because he was ordered to by his father, can't expect a man who's a Kingsguard, A Lannister, and a very capable military commander not to fight for his own side in a war (though that's exactly what I'm hoping he'll do after the LS encounter)

I think it might be a bit late for Pod! wasn't he hanging already when Brienne shouted out her word, whatever it was? One of the reasons I don't like LS. I think she was in the river a bit too long. She's crazy, killing everyone indiscriminately. She's unnatural and I want him to plunge that Golden hand into her neck hole and tear her head clean off

Well its all about points of view isn't it. 'Where you stand determines what you see' etc I'd just rather the future page space was dedicated to Jaime or Brienne doing something meaningful than LS the one trick pony going round gurgling and hanging Freys that nobody cares about

Jaime confesses his recommitment to the Kingsguard and duty etc. Brienne is troubled as the BwoB descends upon them. Jaime swears he can get Lady Stoneheart her children. Brynden Blackfish Tully is revealed to be among them, recounting Jaime's threats to catapult Edmure's child over the walls. Jaime demands trial by combat. He loses to Brienne by having his sword knocked out of his hand. As they hang the noose around his throat he strikes a deal to bring Sansa back, claiming a Lannister always pays his debts. LS agrees, and hangs him anyway. Jaime's weirwood dream is completed:

The fires that ran along the blade were guttering out, and Jaime remembered what Cersei had said. No. Terror closed a hand about his throat. Then his sword went dark, and only Brienne’s burned, as the ghosts came rushing in.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/65116-jaimes-dream-brienne-uncat-and-everything-else/

Many chapters later we see Cersei weeping over the death of her children. Through her blurry eyes she sees Jaime standing at the door. He comes to console her, and then he puts his hands around her throat. Hands of gold are always cold... The Valanqar prophecy is complete, and Jaime's debt is repaid.

Well I'm glad you didn't write the books, it would just be a catalogue of every character rigidly getting the laws of the 21st century applied to them, with all their actions completely taken out of context

If everything happened in the 21st century Joffrey would have received a lot of strongly worded letters from the UN.

Archived