Jaime, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the Brotherhood: what do you want to happen?

Dickon_Tarly

I also think Jaime's death, conflicting duties, and other stuff will haunt Brienne. She'll try to convince Gendry of his heritage. I swear I heard an interview to expect a lot more from Brienne, but I can't find where. Is there a site that transcribes all of GRRM's interviews?

Long term I'm really hoping Jaime has a part to play in battle against the Others

I have visions of him assembling a f*cked-up suicude posse of One- hand himself, Biter-ed face Brienne, Burned-up Loras and maybe a few others

My personal fantasy, won't ever happen moment, is him somehow saving Daenerys from the advancing hordes of dead men / Others and her to be all grateful and then she asks him his name and finds out its the dude that killed her dad. Burn! would be so epic. But yeah I think he will die if he makes it this far

I don't think Jaime and Brienne's time is up yet. If either of them dies within their first POV in tWoW, then all the time we've spent with them in AFFC will be a true waste. At least, GRRM said Brienne's story still has a way to go. I can see something magical intervening that will save their lives. Brienne unknowingly made a sacrifice to the Old Gods when she killed Shagwell, Pyg, Timeon, and buried Nimble Dick under a Weirwood sapling. That’s four lives she gave to the Old Gods, which may be enough to save herself, Jaime, Pod, and Hyle Hunt.

Also, Brienne currently has a broken arm, 2 or 3 broken ribs, and a serious facial wound. I don’t think she’s in shape to be anyone’s champion right now. If she is forced to fight Jaime, he might have a shot. But I don't believe he could kill Brienne. He's already proven that he is willing to die for her.

Pod was a admitted Lannister man who killed for them and campaigned with Tywin during the early stage of his assault of the RL. The boy was far from innocent.

GRRM said Pod was innocent at Miscon 2012.

I see everyone fairly, LS does nothing different then Beric.

That's not what Thoros of Myr thinks. The Brotherhood has gone astray under the leadership of Mother Merciless. She doesn't want justice, only revenge. And in her thirst for the blood of her enemies she is likely to kill two of the very few people who are interested in the safety of her daughters. Even in death, Cat bungles it again.

I swear I heard an interview to expect a lot more from Brienne, but I can't find where. Is there a site that transcribes all of GRRM's interviews?

Is this what you are referring to?

I am fond of Brienne as well, and have a lot more in store for her.

- GRRM (Q&A, January 31, 2001)

[brienne’s] journey still has a way to go.

- GRRM (Game of Thrones, Season 4 Premiere, March 18, 2014)

Is this what you are referring to?

I am fond of Brienne as well, and have a lot more in store for her.

- GRRM (Q&A, January 31, 2001)

[brienne’s] journey still has a way to go.

- GRRM (Game of Thrones, Season 4 Premiere, March 18, 2014)

You are wonderful. I demand to know where you keep your primary sources.

Yes! backup, Haha, apparently its a crime to kill your enemies in a war now

Thus why the complaint about Pod's hanging?

I hope LS cuts off Jaime's remaining hand and then uses him to retake RR in the RW 2.0 before hanging him and then returning to peace.

I want LS to hang and set Jaime on fire just moments before Pod tries to save our friend of Lannister, then Pod is killed by Lem, Brienne goes berserk and ends up slaying Lem, LS, Thoros and Gendry. After the smokes clears, Brienne realizes that she couldn't save anyone and kneels before Jaime to hear his last words 'Promise me Brienne...'

Jumping to the second to last chapter of ADOS, Brienne is fighting the King of Winter (Puddles XIII) in the ruins of the Red keep, the bodies of all your favorite characters and Moonboy lie at their feet, Puddles smashes oathkeeper with his bare hands and is ready to strike down Brienne when... cliffhanger (Moonboy dies, this was his PoV).

Then the story concludes with the final PoV: The Knight with no honor...

...where is explained that Edric Dayne (now, the sword of the morning) found Jaime alive and healed him with the help of the good children of the forest (known as Grumkins), then they had adventures all over the 7 kingdoms, ended up being responsible for all the times the PoV were inexplicable saved from their cliffhanger deads in books 6 and 7 - Jumping back to the red keep, Edric and Jaime sneak past the Ice Dragons guarding the entrances and try to retrieve the real Lighbringer from the left armrest of the IT using bloodmagic, then Puddles and Brienne enter the throne room and cliffhanger.. to be concluded in book 8 The time for Lions, where is revealed that everyone was a secret Lannister

It wasn't a kangaroo trial and was still performed during a time of war.

Robb Stark is dead, Edmure Tully is a hostage, Riverrun has fallen, there is still a war going on but not in the Riverlands. And this isn't killing someone in battle, this is hanging them for association with the Lannisters. It is kind of funny that she would hang someone for helping the Lannisters after she gave Tywin's golden boy back for nothing. I would like to see her string herself up for helping the Lannisters since that seems to be what gets you executed by the Brotherhood.

Robb Stark is dead, Edmure Tully is a hostage, Riverrun has fallen, there is still a war going on but not in the Riverlands.

Tell that to the Blackfish and others flying the direwolf banner.

Tell that to the Blackfish and others flying the direwolf banner.

Blackfish is on the run and the only house left at the time openly supporting the Starks is the Blackwoods, and it seems he is only holding out for so long because it is Bracken who is besieging him and he would have to surrender to his most hated rival.

Blackfish is on the run and the only house left at the time openly supporting the Starks is the Blackwoods, and it seems he is only holding out for so long because it is Bracken who is besieging him and he would have to surrender to his most hated rival.

I doubt the Riverlords have bent the knee anymore sincerely then the Manderlys, Umbers, Mormonts, and other Northern Houses simply the war isn't over and UnCat is leading the charge against the Lannister-Frey forces.

What do I want?

I want Lady Stoneheart to die like yesterday

I want something Azor Ahai-related to go down in that storyline, hopefully revealing Jaime as AA Reborn

I DON'T want Brienne, the purest and noblest knight in the series to sacrifice for Jaime Lannister, of all people

What I think will happen is that Lady Stoneheart is planning some kind of Red Wedding 2.0 in Riverrun (that's why o'Sevens is there) and I think she'll use Jaime for that, maybe she'll force him to infiltrate the castle to open the gates for the Brotherhood. It's only fitting, since Stoneheart thinks Jaime was responsible for the RW, so she'll make him responsible for another

I doubt the Riverlords have bent the knee anymore sincerely then the Manderlys, Umbers, Mormonts, and other Northern Houses simply the war isn't over and UnCat is leading the charge against the Lannister-Frey forces.

She is hanging drunks like Merrett and Ryman Frey, that must be really detrimental to the Frey war effort. Podrick did manage to kill a Kingsguard knight so getting him out of the way would be a wise move, he could probably cut down any one in the Brotherhood so it was wise to deny him his right to trial by combat.

She is hanging drunks like Merrett and Ryman Frey, that must be really detrimental to the Frey war effort. Podrick did manage to kill a Kingsguard knight so getting him out of the way would be a wise move, he could probably cut down any one in the Brotherhood so it was wise to deny him his right to trial by combat.

Ryman Frey was the heir to the Twins, thus that is better then anything the rest of the North has been able to do. I doubt trials by combat are needed in every case thus she didn't deny him anything. Though I am sure Beric would have gotten off by killing him with his flaming sword and calling that a fair trial.

Archived