More Evil: Tywin Or Cersei

Kaguya

Lol. I actually am a Cersei hater. A large one.

Cersei, by a huge, huge margin. She's probably the most evil person in the series, worse than Ramsay.

Tywin only did cruel things to achieve certain goals he felt were for the greater good of his family. Cersei does cruel things for the sake of doing cruel things. She's a monster, plain and simple, without an excuse for the way she's turned out

Can you give an example of such a cruel act for the sake of it? I have Tywin organising a gang rape for his daughter-in-law, anything real on Cersei?

Perhaps not an act. But an introspection - "But one day I will have your tongue ripped out by hot pincers and that will be hilarious."

I never understood their obsession with hot pincers. Is there a difference if you rip out a tongue with cold or hot pincers?

What he did to Tysha and his general treatment of Tyrion was definitely out of malice.

And I don't get the "it's OK to be evil to get a desired result" argument. You could use that to defend any genocidal/mass-murdering dictator.

I'm not saying it's OK to be evil to get a desired result. I'm saying that, pitting Tywin against Cersei, as I was asked to do, I think that Cersei is worse, because her acts of evil are 1. done for far more personal, cruel purposes, generally speaking and 2. don't have the sometimes admittedly positive outcomes that Tywin's do (e.g. as awful as the Red Wedding was, it achieved the result it was intended to and ushered in a brief period of peace that was broken by Joffrey's murder).

Why you think I'm actually condoning acts of violence in general in a thread asking about two specific characters is beyond me.

I never understood their obsession with hot pincers. Is there a difference if you rip out a tongue with cold or hot pincers?

I wouldn't assume so. Maybe the heat makes them pierce the flesh better - so you can rip the tongue out more easily?

I'm not certain though, I haven't had the change to torture any of my enemies yet

I wouldn't assume so. Maybe the heat makes them pierce the flesh better - so you can rip the tongue out more easily?

I'm not certain though, I haven't had the change to torture any of my enemies yet

:cheers:

Here's to that.

Heat also seals the wound so you don't continuously bleed.

That would be true if you cut with a hot knife, that would cauterize the wound but hot pincers don't cut, they rip.

Cersei did brutally molest Tyrion for no other reason than than her being pissed that he was born a dwarf and Joanna dying.

She was what, 5? Anyway, teasing her little brother, is that all you got on her?

The "children" excuse gets me everytime. Did Cersei have children when she tortured baby tyrion or push her best friend down a well?

No, she was a child herself.

Perhaps not an act. But an introspection - "But one day I will have your tongue ripped out by hot pincers and that will be hilarious."

So we are judging on thoughts instead of actions? That's... fair?

Didn't she sell a woman Robert slept with into slavery?

Not that I know off.

She was what, 5? Anyway, teasing her little brother, is that all you got on her?

No, she was a child herself.

So we are judging on thoughts instead of actions? That's... fair?

Not that I know off.

She did.

No teasing her little brother is what she does every single day of her life.

This was a violent sexual assault, not teasing.

As she reflects back on this as a full grown adult she has exactly zero remorse about the event.

So being 5 years old doesn't excuse it.

She did.

I looked it up. There's a rumor that Robert fathered twins at CR so she had the kids killed and sold the woman into slavery

That's indead an action of cruelty which isn't necessary. But it doesn't come close yet to what Tywin did to Tysha and Elia, which was also just because of his pride.

No teasing her little brother is what she does every single day of her life.

This was a violent sexual assault, not teasing.

As she reflects back on this as a full grown adult she has exactly zero remorse about the event.

So being 5 years old doesn't excuse it.

I think you are a bit exaggerating, but to each their own opinion. I don't find it the violent sexual assault, inexcusable for whatever age, you make of it. The situation just shows us that there was always something off with Cersei. But then again, the girl just lost her mother and her father says it's Tyrion's fault. Five years old is just way too young to be classified as evil, but please continue judging 5 year olds for their "inexcusable" actions.

Archived