Jon will end up with Margaery?

TheHouseHB

In the books we find that Renly wanted to pair up Margaery with Robert and for him to ditch Cersei because Renly thought that Margaery had a similar appearance to Lyanna, which would appease Robert. Was this a subtle foreshadow of Jon and Margaery ending up together if R+L = J is true? I think Jon and Margaery would be a great pair as king and queen.

I like the Jon and Val idea better. Perhaps a change in the way the NW will function is in order. Maybe it will be considered a "House" instead of a punishment? I just can't see Jon leaving the Wall forever. He made a vow, and I doubt that "dying" would allow his own honor to disregard this vow. that is the very thing that would make him valorous enough to be the main "Hero" ( azor ahai, last hero, ptwp etc...)

Sorry for a near de-rail. My opinion is no, not Margery. i think in another time, under a little different circumstances they would have been a good couple, but I don't want it to go that direction, or really the direction of Jon ever holding a throne of any kind. He is the savior of the world, not the ruler......

I think the clues point more strongly to Val. House Tyrell will likely be done with by the end. I wouldn't expect Margaery to marry any more kings after Tommen without Mace to compel her. As LF said she doesn't want a crown.

I think the clues point more strongly to Val. House Tyrell will likely be done with by the end. I wouldn't expect Margaery to marry any more kings after Tommen without Mace to compel her. As LF said she doesn't want a crown.

And I also think Margaery will be dead, either through Varys' or Cersei's machinations or being burned by wildfire while attempting to escape KL.

Clues point to a wildling woman? That's never going to happen.

In the books we find that Renly wanted to pair up Margaery with Robert and for him to ditch Cersei because Renly thought that Margaery had a similar appearance to Lyanna, which would appease Robert. Was this a subtle foreshadow of Jon and Margaery ending up together if R+L = J is true? I think Jon and Margaery would be a great pair as king and queen.

I think it depends on a few really big unknowns and future twists. But IF they ended up together it would be because of the following events and details:

1. Margery would have to win her trial, which would most likely mean that the Tyrells were actually PART of the High Sparrow coup and the rest of the associated plot, which would mean the Tyrells may even be conspiring with Varys and/or Dorne. Which would mean the supposed hatred between Houses Tyrell and Martell was actually resolved long ago, but maintained as a useful farce. There is some hint of this as Wilas and Oberyn were apparently actually friends.

2. Loras would have to be alive and well. He might, on word from Alleras and Leo in Oldtown on top of his dragon glass mining discovery on Dragonstone, head North secretly to bring Tyrell forces to the wall. Possibly with Aurane Waters' ships. This would put the Tyrell family in place to be of some use in the North, and possibly to make an uneasy alliance with Stannis and Asha against the Lannisters, and particularly against Euron.

3. Having made themselves useful at the Wall, they would also get to know Jon, just at the right time to be around when he discovers his real identity. If Jon were then seen as a prospective king and somehow freed of his NW vows, Margery would be offered as a means to an alliance with the South.

I think that the Nights Watch will cease to exist by the end of the story, so I don't see his (Jon) vow being of any relevance to if he will eventually marry. I'd like to see him wed tbh as I feel it would be a good conclusion to his life long difficulties with the belief he was a bastard and an outsider and not able to live the same sort of life as his "siblings".

Archived