Nymeria's Role in tWoW

Uldra I

There has been an idea rattling around in my head that Nymeria has an important role to play in the upcoming books. An idea has come to mind that I can't let go of. I'd love to hear feedback on it, or your own ideas about Nymeria's future in the upcoming books. Arya has already been skin changing into Nymeria at night in her dreams. That's how Bran and Jon both started. Arya has also warged into a cat in Braavos. So we know she has the ability.

Here's the idea I have:

While she in stuck in Braavos, she will run into the Brothers without Banners and unCat through Nymeria. Nym will watch them from afar at first getting closer and closer until Arya will be able to recognize unCat. At that point Arya will want to call to her mother so desperately that she will warg Nym to go to her. Since unCat knows Nym, she will welcome her and they will share time together. With Nym being so close to tBwoB, Arya will learn of unCat's plans for revenge and see what the are doing. Arya will end up warging Nym so that Nym's pack will help bring justice to the Freys, Boltons and all the others involved in the Red Wedding. After unCat is through with her justice, then I don't really know what might happen. Perhaps Arya will be back in Westeros and they will join up together again.

My main point is that Nymeria is too close to unCat not to get involved helping exact justice/vengeance for the Red Wedding, and using her pack to do it. Also just a reminder... They killed Nym's brother, Grey Wind at the RW too.

Any comments, suggestions, or other ideas about Nym, and Arya, unCat... etc?

Dont remember the exact quote or which book its from, but there is mention of a female wolf leading a pack around the riverlands, the size of the pack is said to be in the hundreds.

I think Nymerias pack may in some way help out the unCat team but I dont see any kind of happy reunion happening.

She might well survive in Nymeria after her death, but I disagree that she finds no joy in being a killer. She loves her work so far, and adores this job. So far she hasn't run across anyone she couldn't justify killing. And she likes the people training her, so far.

I'm pretty sure you're right about Lady Stoneheart, Urien the Ragged. She wants her daughters back, but I'm not sure her intentions towards Sansa are at all nice. As far as she remembers, Sansa went into the enemy camp and deserved to be disowned, IIRC.

The new mercy chapter I believe it said in her dreams while in nym that it came across a weirwood or hearttree which I took as the wolf pack has moved up north a bit???

Anyways I cant get outta my mind that Arya will be charging out of some forest with needle screaming winterfell while a few moments later 200-400 wolves come out behind her with nymeria leading them and start fucking up boltons or something lol.

just a thought, think that would be pretty cool.

Dont remember the exact quote or which book its from, but there is mention of a female wolf leading a pack around the riverlands, the size of the pack is said to be in the hundreds.

I think Nymerias pack may in some way help out the unCat team but I dont see any kind of happy reunion happening.

The size iirc is supposed to be 300+ with more joining it everyday

The new mercy chapter I believe it said in her dreams while in nym that it came across a weirwood or hearttree which I took as the wolf pack has moved up north a bit???

Anyways I cant get outta my mind that Arya will be charging out of some forest with needle screaming winterfell while a few moments later 200-400 wolves come out behind her with nymeria leading them and start fucking up boltons or something lol.

Well since Ramsay is married to "arya" and making her do who knows what with the dog, maybe Nymeria will turn the tables on him alittle.

Why would current Arya ever scream anything alerting anyone she's coming.

Maybe Bran is watching Nym through the trees. Wonder if he could end up communicating with Arya in her dreams through being in Nyms mind while Arya is dreaming?...

Yeah, me too :)

Wishful thinking maybe:

Nymeria and her pack will be part of the Red Wedding 2.0 in Riverrun. Perhaps Arya will be our POV through Nymeria.

“The Red Wedding was the Young Wolf’s work. He changed into a beast before our eyes and tore out the throat of my cousin Jinglebell, a harmless simpleton. He would have slain my lord father too, if Ser Wendel had not put himself in the way.”

Lord Wyman blinked back tears. “Wendel was always a brave boy. I was not surprised to learn he died a hero.”

The enormity of the lie made Davos gasp. “Is it your claim that Robb Stark killed Wendel Manderly?” he asked the Frey.

“And many more. Mine own son Tytos was amongst them, and my daughter’s husband. When Stark changed into a wolf, his northmen did the same. The mark of the beast was on them all. Wargs birth other wargs with a bite, it is well-known. It was all my brothers and I could do to put them down before they slew us all.”

This is the official Frey story about the Red Wedding. Sounds like foreshadowing, of another Stark "changing into a wolf" and slaying them all..

Now of course Wendell is no longer alive to “save” Lord Walder.

Besides, accusing them of having the “mark of the beast”. Lets recall what happened to the last guy who did that:

“Then you had best be on your way, boy.” Slynt laughed, dribbling porridge down his chest. “Greyguard’s a good place for the likes of you, I’m thinking. Well away from decent godly folk. The mark of the beast is on you, bastard.

(…)

No, unhand me. He’s just a boy, a bastard. His father was a traitor. The mark of the beast is on him, that wolf of his Let go of me!

(…)

Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. “Please, my lord. Mercy. I’ll … I’ll go, I will, I …”

No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended.

Lord Walder will die the same way, begging for mercy..

I would have expected you to depart with the Freys.”

“That one up there’s a Frey,” the singer said, nodding at Lord Emmon, “and this castle seems a nice snug place to pass the winter.

(…)

“You should get on famously with my aunt,” said Jaime. “If you hope to winter here, see that your playing pleases Lady Genna. She’s the one that matters.”

“Not you?”

“My place is with the king. I shall not stay here long.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, my lord. I know better songs than ‘The Rains of Castamere.’ I could have played you . . . oh, all sorts o’ things.”

Tom sevens, the BWB´s Spy in Riverrun will be the one that coordinates the massacre just like the Red Wedding, this time playing another song..

“There’s a singer come to Riverrun, calls himself Rymund the Rhymer, he’s made a song of the fight. Doubtless you’ll hear it sung tonight, my lady. ‘Wolf in the Night,’ this Rymund calls it.”

(…)

Rymund the Rhymer sang through all the courses, sparing her the need to talk. He closed with the song he had written about Robb’s victory at Oxcross. “And the stars in the night were the eyes of his wolves, and the wind itself was their song.” Between the verses, Rymund threw back his head and howled, and by the end, half of the hall was howling

I hope it comes true..it would be epic.

ETA;

By now the Blackfish could be ten leagues downstream.

“You have to find him,” insisted Emmon Frey.

“He’ll be found.” Jaime spoke with a certainty he did not feel. “I have hounds and hunters sniffing after him even now.” Ser Addam Marbrand was leading the search on the south side of the river, Ser Dermot of the Rainwood on the north.

The next day Ser Dermot of the Rainwood returned to the castle, empty-handed. When asked what he’d found, he answered, “Wolves. Hundreds of the bloody beggars.” He’d lost two sentries to them. The wolves had come out of the dark to savage them. “Armed men in mail and boiled leather, and yet the beasts had no fear of them. Before he died, Jate said the pack was led by a she-wolf of monstrous size. A direwolf, to hear him tell it. The wolves got in amongst our horse lines too. The bloody bastards killed my favorite bay.”

“A ring of fires round your camp might keep them off,” said Jaime, though he wondered. Could Ser Dermot’s direwolf be the same beast that had mauled Joffrey near the crossroads?

Nymeria´s Pack is close no ring of fire or armed men in mail and boiled lethear will keep them off....

Wishful thinking maybe:

Nymeria and her pack will be part of the Red Wedding 2.0 in Riverrun. Perhaps Arya will be our POV through Nymeria.

This is the official Frey story about the Red Wedding. Sounds like foreshadowing, of another Stark "changing into a wolf" and slaying them all.. (edit: see quote above)

ETA;

Nymeria´s Pack is close no ring of fire or armed men in mail and boiled lethear will keep them off....

aahhoooooo!

Wishful thinking maybe:

This is the official Frey story about the Red Wedding. Sounds like foreshadowing, of another Stark "changing into a wolf" and slaying them all..

Now of course Wendell is no longer alive to “save” Lord Walder.

Besides, accusing them of having the “mark of the beast”. Lets recall what happened to the last guy who did that:

Lord Walder will die the same way, begging for mercy..

Tom sevens, the BWB´s Spy in Riverrun will be the one that coordinates the massacre just like the Red Wedding, this time playing another song..

ETA;

Is that from the siege at Riverrun in AFFC then? the wolves are surely gonna have some part to play

Is that from the siege at Riverrun in AFFC then? the wolves are surely gonna have some part to play

yes.

Arya has already included the Freys in her hit list. Which pretty much means they are doomed.

Each night before sleep, she murmured her prayer into her pillow. “Ser Gregor,” it went. “Dunsen, Raff the Sweetling, Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei.” She would have whispered the names of the Freys of the Crossing too, if she had known them. One day I’ll know, she told herself, and then I’ll kill them all.

Lord Walder´s death will trigger a fraticide conflict within house frey. Nymeria´s (Arya´s) actions will help destroy house frey.

Btw, the battle of Oxcross (the one linked to the song), was the one in which Ser Stafford Lannister (Daven´s father), was killed.

“Ser Lancel,” Joff said, “tell her of this outrage.”

Sansa had always thought Lancel Lannister comely and well spoken, but there was neither pity nor kindness in the look he gave her. “Using some vile sorcery, your brother fell upon Ser Stafford Lannister with an army of wargs, not three days ride from Lannisport. Thousands of good men were butchered as they slept, without the chance to lift sword. After the slaughter, the northmen feasted on the flesh of the slain.”

(..)

“You Starks are as unnatural as those wolves of yours. I’ve not forgotten how your monster savaged me.”

“That was Arya’s wolf,” she said. “Lady never hurt you, but you killed her anyway.”

Robb attacked Stafford before he could train his army and invade the Riverlands. Daven, his son, rallied the remainders of Stafford´s army, and has now invaded the Riverlands.

In the battle of Oxcross a Direwolf played a key role.

Your brother had his direwolf with him, but I suspect that’s as far as it went. The northmen crept into my uncle’s camp and cut his horse lines, and Lord Stark sent his wolf among them. Even war-trained destriers went mad. Knights were trampled to death in their pavilions, and the rabble woke in terror and fled, casting aside their weapons to run the faster.

“How did the king ever take the Tooth?” Ser Perwyn Frey asked his bastard brother. “That’s a hard strong keep, and it commands the hill road.”

“He never took it. He slipped around it in the night. It’s said the direwolf showed him the way, that Grey Wind of his. The beast sniffed out a goat track that wound down a defile and up along beneath a ridge, a crooked and stony way, yet wide enough for men riding single file. The Lannisters in their watchtowers got not so much a glimpse of them.

“There’s some say that after the battle, the king cut out Stafford Lannister’s heart and fed it to the wolf.”

“I would not believe such tales,” Catelyn said sharply. “My son is no savage.”

Robb was no savage, Arya on the other hand....

After the battle Daven decided to let his hair grow.. Even though Robb killed karstark, rendering Daven´s vow obsolete, he decided to keep letting his hair grow. He now looks like a lion.

I find the character very much linked to that battle..

yes.

Arya has already included the Freys in her hit list. Which pretty much means they are doomed.

Lord Walder´s death will trigger a fraticide conflict within house frey. Nymeria´s (Arya´s) actions will help destroy house frey.

Btw, the battle of Oxcross (the one linked to the song), was the one in which Ser Stafford Lannister (Daven´s father), was killed.

Robb attacked Stafford before he could train his army and invade the Riverlands. Daven, his son, rallied the remainders of Stafford´s army, and has now invaded the Riverlands.

In the battle of Oxcross a Direwolf played a key role.

Robb was no savage, Arya on the other hand....

After the battle Daven decided to let his hair grow.. Even though Robb killed karstark, rendering Daven´s vow obsolete, he decided to keep letting his hair grow. He now looks like a lion.

I find the character very much linked to that battle..

Fantastic work finding these wonderful quotes! Now I'm sure that Nym/Arya have a huge role to play. If anyone doubts it, I'm going to point them here to read your wonderful research... Thanks :D

Do you also think Bran will be able to contact Arya through Nym? and Does anyone know what's happened to Summer? and Finally, does anyone think that Sansa's loss of Lady was a foreshadow of her becoming something not-Stark?

edit: to see the quotes I'm referring to you'll need to look at the original post just above this one.

I have always thought the Wolf pack and Nymeria will rip the Freys to shreds, but Arya's TWOW chapter definitely implies Nymeria is moving North,

as not only is there a tree which watches her. Implying it is a Weirwood with eyes and we don't see carved Weirwoods outside of godswoods in the South, but the forest which she runs through is dense dark and vast and has pines.

Which is far more alike to the descriptions of the northern forests that the smaller woodlands with deciduous tree's in the Riverlands. If you look at a map of Westeros there are no significantly dense forests in the Riverlands and you don't reach one until Seaguard. I suspect Nymeria is headed North and that Bran is calling to her, to Arya to come to where she is needed.

Now that said we have no idea where in the book the Mercy Chapter is placed it could very well be that after she assists at the Red Wedding#2 she begins heading northward.

I have always thought the Wolf pack and Nymeria will rip the Freys to shreds, but Arya's TWOW chapter definitely implies Nymeria is moving North,

as not only is there a tree which watches her. Implying it is a Weirwood with eyes and we don't see carved Weirwoods outside of godswoods in the South, but the forest which she runs through is dense dark and vast and has pines.

Which is far more alike to the descriptions of the northern forests that the smaller woodlands with deciduous tree's in the Riverlands. If you look at a map of Westeros there are no significantly dense forests in the Riverlands and you don't reach one until Seaguard. I suspect Nymeria is headed North and that Bran is calling to her, to Arya to come to where she is needed.

Now that said we have no idea where in the book the Mercy Chapter is placed it could very well be that after she assists at the Red Wedding#2 she begins heading northward.

I like the sound of that, wolf pack moving North just in time to intercept Jon Snow stabbing at the wall. Or even turn up at the battle in the snow intercepting the Bolton loyalists.

Archived