Nymeria's Role in tWoW

Uldra I

I'm beginning to think the battle in the snow is likely. I think I like the idea, But I'm also hung up thinking that as it seems to be Bran who is drawing her North I wonder if he has some purpose for the pack of hundreds of wolves for a job beyond the wall. Possibly something a bit questionable, such as mopping up the wildlings at Hardholme, if the bodies are eaten they cannot rise as weights. :ack:

There are Weirwoods south of the neck. just only a few and they are in the Godswoods. and on the Isle of Faces. The fact that this tree watches Nymeria implicates it is a carved Weirwood, and the fact that they are in a deep, dark, dense forest implies this is no Godswood which are not big enough to get the total darkness implied in her Wolf dream. and in the South especially they are populated by mainly deciduous trees - it is Winter now!

The fact that Mercy is called another name in her dreams implies that someone is saying her name in her dreams. Wolves don't call each other by names. we see that in the Varamyr prologue. they think in descriptive terms.

The dream where Bran speaks to Jon in Ghost clues us in that Bran could be doing the same thing with Arya through Nymeria. Speaking to her through the Weirnet/Wargnet. the fact there are Pines in this forest implies it is in the North. The implication that there is a wild carved Weirwood in the forest hints we are in the Wolfswood a huge dark dense forest with Pines, which is in the North where the Smallfolk all worship the Old Gods and as they have no access to the Gods Woods of great castles it stands to reason that they would carve faces in the wild weirwoods and go there to worship.

So even if it were a random wild Weirwood in the large forest just north of Seagard & the Twins why would it have a face, everyone there goes to the Sept..

There are Weirwoods south of the neck. just only a few and they are in the Godswoods. and on the Isle of Faces. The fact that this tree watches Nymeria implicates it is a carved Weirwood, and the fact that they are in a deep, dark, dense forest implies this is no Godswood which are not big enough to get the total darkness implied in her Wolf dream. and in the South especially they are populated by mainly deciduous trees - it is Winter now!

The fact that Mercy is called another name in her dreams implies that someone is saying her name in her dreams. Wolves don't call each other by names. we see that in the Varamyr prologue. they think in descriptive terms.

The dream where Bran speaks to Jon in Ghost clues us in that Bran could be doing the same thing with Arya through Nymeria. Speaking to her through the Weirnet/Wargnet. the fact there are Pines in this forest implies it is in the North. The implication that there is a wild carved Weirwood in the forest hints we are in the Wolfswood a huge dark dense forest with Pines, which is in the North where the Smallfolk all worship the Old Gods and as they have no access to the Gods Woods of great castles it stands to reason that they would carve faces in the wild weirwoods and go there to worship.

So even if it were a random wild Weirwood in the large forest just north of Seagard & the Twins why would it have a face, everyone there goes to the Sept..

I think there are more wierwoods south of the Neck than just those in godswoods. In twow, Arianne II the rainwood is described as having weirwoods.

How did the andalas/First men cut down every single tree of that kind ? with no tecnology.. highly unlikely.

I believe those trees from the Mercy chapter not only can suggest northern latitude but they can also suggest an elevated altitude. There are mountains northwest, west, southwest, south, and south by southeast of RiverRun. Also btw, there are mountains north of Darry where those wildlings of the Vale live, in part.

I wonder how/if Nymwria can get near Uncat without BWB's loosing arrows and spears. Does Uncat walk alone? If so, I can imagine Uncat hesitating long enough for Arya to do something intriguing.

A wolf pack of 100's likely causes an imbalance, as the Singers might say. They would quickly extinguish nearby prey. Thus, the pack MUST move to hunting grounds new to them.

The war in the Riverlands yielded thousands of corpses for the pack to eat, albeit cold. The Red Wedding killed 100's, probably 1000's of Northmen. More food for the pack.

The Bolton's marching up the neck back to the North likely resembled a herd of prey to the pack, which had fed on man-flesh for the last two years. But, we read nothing of wolves plaguing the Boltons.

Shifting gears, after Bran shifted from involuntarily slipping into Summer to intentionally doing so, we learned that he would do so for long periods, somewhat starving his body. Neither Arya' nor Jon seem to get so immersed or control. We'll likely see similar stages of Warging in Arya and Jon, if he... The prolonged Arya/Nymeria jaunts may contribute mightily to Arya departing the FM.

Also, if Gendry stays where he is, we won't soon see him and Nymeria\Arya interact.

Fed

From the books:

"...“He’ll be found.” Jaime spoke with a certainty he did not feel. “I have hounds and hunters sniffing after him even now.” Ser Addam Marbrand was leading the search on the south side of the river, Ser Dermot of the Rainwood on the north...”

This suggests the pack crossed the Red Fork. From there, the Twins, River Run, and the Neck are reached by foot. The pack would have to cross the Green Fork to reach the mountains of the Westerlands, or go east into the Vale to reach mountains. And of course, there's going North, where those trees might me sighted.

Fed

IIRC over/around 3000 loyalists died at the Red Wedding.Also there are Weirwoods south of the neck as the...Blackwoods? worship the old gods and after a battle the blackwoods pray with Robb (they being the only house mentioned in the south that worships the old gods)

As for the pack running out of food there are more then enough Lannister and Frey forces for them to eat.As the pack survives almost solely on eating the flesh of man.

Arya has the warg-gene, but she has no training on how to use her ability. I think that in the end Arya will decide leaving her body to continue living only in her wolf, as she finds no joy on being a lady or a killer, only in being a wolf.

She doesn't appear to need training, she can see through a cat's eyes without any help from a man stuck to a tree, and more than that she has the spatial awareness to physically hit something based on a third party point of view. I can hardly even hit shit with my left hand never mind seeing through a cat's eyes sitting in the rafters.

I believe those trees from the Mercy chapter not only can suggest northern latitude but they can also suggest an elevated altitude. There are mountains northwest, west, southwest, south, and south by southeast of RiverRun. Also btw, there are mountains north of Darry where those wildlings of the Vale live, in part.

I wonder how/if Nymwria can get near Uncat without BWB's loosing arrows and spears. Does Uncat walk alone? If so, I can imagine Uncat hesitating long enough for Arya to do something intriguing.

A wolf pack of 100's likely causes an imbalance, as the Singers might say. They would quickly extinguish nearby prey. Thus, the pack MUST move to hunting grounds new to them.

The war in the Riverlands yielded thousands of corpses for the pack to eat, albeit cold. The Red Wedding killed 100's, probably 1000's of Northmen. More food for the pack.

The Bolton's marching up the neck back to the North likely resembled a herd of prey to the pack, which had fed on man-flesh for the last two years. But, we read nothing of wolves plaguing the Boltons.

Shifting gears, after Bran shifted from involuntarily slipping into Summer to intentionally doing so, we learned that he would do so for long periods, somewhat starving his body. Neither Arya' nor Jon seem to get so immersed or control. We'll likely see similar stages of Warging in Arya and Jon, if he... The prolonged Arya/Nymeria jaunts may contribute mightily to Arya departing the FM.

Also, if Gendry stays where he is, we won't soon see him and Nymeria\Arya interact.

Fed

That always struck me as a bit of a fish story. A dozen wolves all chasing you at the same time would probaby look like hundreds.

Likewise the size of direwolves. Real direwolves are an extinct species that were the size of dobermans. In the text they're described as being the size of small horses. But only by people who attacked by direwolves.

IIRC.

It was Nymeria that pulled Cat out of the water, If I recall Ayra has some knowledge of this (though I am sure not exact details but Nymeria KNEW Cat) ...and it already seems that Nymeria and her band of wild beasts have already been eating and relentlessly harassing Freys. I believe there is talk of it when Jaimie is wandering around after he left KL to bring the ALL the realm into the fold....it seems that wherever there are camps of Freys, those parties are having the most problems with Wolves/Nymeria.

It seems Arya is already playing this part, maybe she will only ever think these are dreams, but it kind of is the Arya/Nymeria link that is raising hell and getting revenge on the Freys. I would love a reunion between, but I'm not holding my breath. But I would settle for Ayra to realize what she and her dire wolf have done/been doing.

The new mercy chapter I believe it said in her dreams while in nym that it came across a weirwood or hearttree which I took as the wolf pack has moved up north a bit???

Anyways I cant get outta my mind that Arya will be charging out of some forest with needle screaming winterfell while a few moments later 200-400 wolves come out behind her with nymeria leading them and start fucking up boltons or something lol.

just a thought, think that would be pretty cool.

This

I always thought Arya would take the twins with Nym but I think it will be elsewhere, to the North, and UnCat will take the twins.

I don't agree that UnCat and Nymeria will meet again, only Arya will be able to control Nymeria.

It was Nymeria that pulled Cat out of the water, If I recall Ayra has some knowledge of this (though I am sure not exact details but Nymeria KNEW Cat) ...

Arya does realize - she sees it in a warg dream when she's with the Hound. She wakes up and says "my mother's dead"or something like it. Just re-read that part in ASOS :cool4:

Arya does realize - she sees it in a warg dream when she's with the Hound. She wakes up and says "my mother's dead"or something like it. Just re-read that part in ASOS :cool4:

Good to know. Thanks for checking it out.

Her role: terrorizing the Riverlands, since there apparently still are some peasants around that need some killin'.

it seems the soldiers are getting the worst of it...I always got the impression the "wolves" the peasants have been talking about in the Riverlands were the Karstark/Bolton soldiers pillaging and causing problems, not the actual pack of wolves Nymeria is with.

Archived