How well will the Unsullied do in Westeros?

Caezaire

it's possible that the unsullied will be a small part of the forces that make it to westros with dany

she may have

unsullied

a fleet with victorian

dragons

few free companies

dothraki

but it's such a mix of this and that I am not sure how well it will fight together

Now IMO the important thing is, that by the end of ADWD there are very few armies in Westeros, which have not been crushed in the last year or two. I can think of Dorne (of which we know very little) and then of course Tyrell.

The Ironborn forces are virtually intact, and of course there's the Vale which is completely untouched. If you ask me, the Vale's forces alone should be enough to deal with the unsullied and any support they might have.

it's possible that the unsullied will be a small part of the forces that make it to westros with dany

she may have

unsullied

a fleet with victorian

dragons

few free companies

dothraki

but it's such a mix of this and that I am not sure how well it will fight together

Vic only has about 68 ships.

Dany also anticipates some houses joining her when she crosses the narrow sea, so the unsullied would also be joined by seasoned westerosi knights, it would be by no means an army made up entirely of unsullied. also, if she joins with fAegon, she would have the golden company aswell.

Dany also anticipates some houses joining her when she crosses the narrow sea, so the unsullied would also be joined by seasoned westerosi knights, it would be by no means an army made up entirely of unsullied.

Forgetting that bringing a cult, unsullied, and dothraki are going turn any lord away.

Simply arming 8,000 men out of pocket is extremely costly. Who would even keep that amount of armor on hand to sell?

How are the Unsullied even able to fight effectively? They're supposed to have been fully castrated before puberty onsets. How do they build any muscle mass?

Simply arming 8,000 men out of pocket is extremely costly. Who would even keep that amount of armor on hand to sell?

How are the Unsullied even able to fight effectively? They're supposed to have been fully castrated before puberty onsets. How do they build any muscle mass?

They don't. That was simply bad writting from Martin.

The question is which Lannister Army, and where do they engage? Are the Unsullied laying siege to a fortified castle? Or are they meeting a full army (Infantry, Archers, Light/Heavy Horse) in a battlefield?

Without armour, or calvary to protect them, and to allow them to form up in formation, they would be in trouble. Of course once they formed up, they could be an anvil against any Westerosi front, due to their discipline, and their high pain tolerance.

Wasn't. Hrgg na whatever, the Wise Master talking to Dany, stated outright that they are indeed weaker.

Really? I don't remember the quote...could you quote it, please? I'll be thankful

But, either way, If those boys didn't have testicles, they'll get no muscles. There's a difference between being weaker than someone and being completely weak, as the Unsullied SHOULD.

Really? I don't remember the quote...could you quote it, please? I'll be thankful

But, either way, If those boys didn't have testicles, they'll get no muscles. There's a difference between being weaker than someone and being completely weak, as the Unsullied SHOULD.

"A eunuch who is cut young will never have the brute strength of one of your Westerosi knights, this is true," said Kraznys mo Nakloz...

Storm, p.260

"A eunuch who is cut young will never have the brute strength of one of your Westerosi knights, this is true," said Kraznys mo Nakloz...

Storm, p.260

Thank you!

But I hardly have the strength of Sandor Clegane or Arthur Dayne, or Jorah, and that doesn't make me an eunuch. There are differences IMO. Those Unsullied should be 1'5m tall and 50kg for weight.

Thank you!

But I hardly have the strength of Sandor Clegane or Arthur Dayne, or Jorah, and that doesn't make me an eunuch. There are differences IMO. Those Unsullied should be 1'5m tall and 50kg for weight.

Hey, the Astapori was in a sales pitch. Of course he talks the disadvantages down. Furthermore, he wasn't talking about the really strong knights but the average.

And finally, he doesn't say how much weaker. Could be anything between 1% or 99% of their strength.

By the way, 1.5m is clearly out of line. Personally, I was as tall five years before the onset puberty. And eunuchs tend to gain weight. Fat, not muscle mass, but weight nevertheless.

Archived