The single stupidest action by any character ever?

Dragon's Bane

Stannis waving around his fake sword in those public AA shows like he's in a Broadway musical always seemed pretty stupid to me.

It was a political move, and it was pretty effective. It's not as if he believed that bullshit, but it was useful for what he was trying to convey. This happens all the time in history, ie. Hitler's powerful public speeches.

It was a political move, and it was pretty effective. It's not as if he believed that bullshit, but it was useful for what he was trying to convey. This happens all the time in history, ie. Hitler's powerful public speeches.

I still thought it was stupid. I was waiting for him to break out into a song and dance routine.

Cersei and Jaime fucking each other and Cersei passing on Jaime's children as Robert's. Also included them choosing to fuck near sleeping Robert, and fucking at Winterfell. In short their entire affair.

Someone's going to find out, they always find out.

I give 3rd place to Quentyn for trying to steal a dragon.

2nd place is Viserys for threatening the khals wife and baby in front of him.

1st place goes to Tywin for goading his pissed off son who hates him, that also happened to have a loaded crossbow pointed at him.

Arya using her three deaths on inconsequential people.

Some might argue there is hindsight in that, but there really isn't. He told her anybody and eventually it would happen days, months, doesn't matter the person is done. For such a "smart" survivalist she sure fucked that one up.

Cersei's and Jamie's affair was pretty dumb. Like others have said, there was no way that was going to end well.

Robb and Jeyne - the same. You really don't need to be a political genius to realize that that was going to go pearshaped.

Viserys threatening Dany and her child in front of Khal Drogo - well, what did he expect to happen?

LF for thinking that a bit hair dye and a new name is enough to stop people from recognizing Sansa, especially when her mother was in the Vale not long ago (I know it's not confirmed, but I think the Vale lords would have to be quite stupid not to have figured out exactly who Alayne Stone is)

Archived