I'm almost finished reading...

KellieBom

I have so many mixed emotions!

I'm sad that this book is coming to an end because I have to wait for the next one, at least a year. :(

But I am excited to go right back to the beginning and start again at book 1. I'm looking forward to the re-read because there was SO MUCH I glossed over, so much I didn't pick up, I was so excited about everything the first read that I just power read all five books in like 4 months.

Now I can slow down, take my time. Consider things. Map it out. Look it up.

There was one reader who used a map to gauge where characters were going, I thought that was a really great idea. I gotta get my hands on a giant map of Westeros & Essos.

We are expecting Winds of Winter in the fall of 2015, yes?

Hoo boy, I wouldn't make predictions if I were you, GRRM himself refuses to make them any more.

But about the books I felt exactly the same, especially as it really picks up by the end (those endless descriptions of turtles could have been cut out!). And you will definitely pick up loads more on a second read. There are a lot of characters introduced early on that come into play later, by which time I'd forgotten who they were, a second read really helps you make connections.

Hey KellieBom,

I did the same thing, just finished my re-read of GoT, I ended up with a big book with lots of paper bookmarks with notes on them that keep falling out, I have started on CoK now & intend to keep a journal of the chapters with page numbers & hints to significant POV's, hints, foreshadowings & prophecies etc. happy reading & welcome to the forums.

Archived