Those who Daenerys should not trust.

JonGriff

I'm not sure if this topic has already been addressed and if it has I couldn't find it.

My topic is about the following prophecy from Quaithe: "The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

The others are most likely Victarion (Euron??), Moqorro, Tyrion, Jon Connington, Quentyn and Aegon. Now many based on this prophecy (along with the vision in the house of the Undying) believe that Aegon is Daenerys's enemy and she will have to eventually kill him. But wouldn't that also make Tyrion her enemy? I understand why she shouldn't trust Victarion or Jon Connington. Quentyn is dead so he doesn't matter. A case can be made for Moqorro. However I really don't understand why she shouldn't trust Tyrion. And since it was prophecized is it set in stone that Tyrion will betray her/use her?

After one little talk with Tyrion Aegon started thinking that he didn't need Dany so Tyrion put the second Dance in motion already with that. Moqorro said he would be snarling amidst the dragons so I took that to mean he's instigating things.

Tyrion is out for Tyrion so if he sees Aegon as a better opportunity or someone else then he'll support them.

Tyrion is out for Tyrion so if he sees Aegon as a better opportunity or someone else then he'll support them.

As a better opportunity for what?

And another thing isn't it possible that the dance of dragons is actually a battle between 2 actual dragons and not Targaryens/Darkfyres ?

She shouldn't trust Vic (she wants to take her dragons and her) , Moqorro (he helps Vic) , Jon Con and Aegon (probably a pretender) , the Faith (they want to kill her and her dragons), Lf,Varys,Illyrio (they seem to support every claim to the throne - somebody of them is the perfumed seneschal) , Tyrion (he seems to prepare the DwD part 2 and in a POV of his he says he will offer Dany his hatred), house Martell (as fas as Arianne allies with Aegon).I think mostly the Faith cause they want her dragons dead.This means even Marwyn will try to kill them and he lied to Sam.

There is also the fact that Tyrion is Tywins son. Dany doesn't know he killed Tywin and would have no reason to believe him even if he told her.

All she knows is what Viserys told her, and that is that Tywin Sacked Kings Landing, and her father, sister-in-law and her niece and (maybe)nephew died because of it. I cant say she can't trust tyrion, I'm just saying she already has cause not to and she hasn't even met him yet.

IF HE HIDES HIS IDENTITY, maybe he can get into her confidence. Ser Barristan hasn't seen Tyrion since before he got the facial scar at blackwater, so tyrion could possibly pull it off for a bit if Jorah plays along.

Tyrion wants bloody revenge on his family and probably the whole of Westeros. This goes against Dany's aims. Tyrion will either just use Dany or he will screw up her plans because he hasn't sorted out his emotional shit yet.

I don't think all of them will be Dany's enemies, most will just be unreliable/unhelpful or want to change her course to suit themselves. They are all people who have gone to Dany because they want something from her. Notice people who want to serve her or help her, like Jorah, aren't referenced.

She should only trust Strong Belwas!. He is big and cuddly and won't try to bone her.

Good one! I really did laugh out loud.

I think it's more a question of who she should trust rather than who she shouldn't, since she shouldn't trust almost anyone. I think she can trust Barristan and Tyrion. I'm not sure sure about Mormont. He does love her, but his behavior with regard to women he loves is hardly beyond reproach; then again, he did try really, really hard to please the last one. :laugh:

Of course she should trust the late Jon Snow. And Eddard Stark. I wouldn't trust the late Catelyn because that woman is out for blood.

She can obviously trust Stannis, because as soon as he realized that she survived, he will acknowledge that she's the rightful heir to the throne, since his brother unlawfully usurped it. :lmao:

She can obviously trust Stannis, because as soon as he realized that she survived, he will acknowledge that she's the rightful heir to the throne, since his brother unlawfully usurped it. :lmao:

I actually could see him doing common cause with her, because he deems the Others more important than the throne atm.

Archived