Jon Connington/Griff

The Flaymaester

So Season 4 is 2nd half of book 3 and season is books 4 & 5 since they happen at same time. we're catching up! The kingsmoot is likely going to be scratched & I don't think Euron or Victarion will be cast as we simply have way too many characters to fit into a tv show already. But Aegon VI & Jon Connington seemingly play a bigger role so who should be cast as them? I favor Ian Cusick for Jon Connington and Charlie A. Woods as Aegon VI

Strictly speaking, I don't see JonCon as resembling any actor I know, but people have been wondering if Kevin McKidd would show up in this series, and he seems close enough if anyone is.

Aegon could be any 18-25 young actor totally unknown and looking for a break.

Joseph Fiennes has a lot of TV experience, and he is a very competent actor. He might fit as JonCon.

He is a good actor, but is nothing like how I pictured JonCon. My picks:

JonCon - Kevin McKidd (I would have said Damian Lewis, but he is caught up in Homeland).

Young Griff - Jamie Campbell Bower.

oh, and OP, I disagree about your assessment of the Iron Islands stuff.

He is a good actor, but is nothing like how I pictured JonCon. My picks:

JonCon - Kevin McKidd (I would have said Damian Lewis, but he is caught up in Homeland).

Young Griff - Jamie Campbell Bower.

oh, and OP, I disagree about your assessment of the Iron Islands stuff.

This.

So Season 4 is 2nd half of book 3 and season is books 4 & 5 since they happen at same time. we're catching up! The kingsmoot is likely going to be scratched & I don't think Euron or Victarion will be cast as we simply have way too many characters to fit into a tv show already. But Aegon VI & Jon Connington seemingly play a bigger role so who should be cast as them? I favor Ian Cusick for Jon Connington and Charlie A. Woods as Aegon VI

As in Henry Ian Cusick? I agree, I've been suggesting him for a while now. But as other posters have said, after watching Rome, Kevin McKidd seems perfect for the role.

Firstly, I disagree with you about the kingsmoot and i think at least two of the 3 greyjoy brothers will be cast, as for the two parts your talking about, for JonCon I can think of 10 actors or so who'd be great for him. Kevin McKidd would've been perfect (his character in Rome is very similar to JonCon, couple that with the fact he has similar colour and he would've been brilliant. Unfortunately though, he and James Purefoy's opinions on GoT seem to be very unfavourable, so dont think he would be cast. However, there are loads of other great actors here's a few i can think of off the top of my head

David Wenham

John Simm

Christopher Eccleston

Henry Ian Cusick

Tony Curran

Could probably think of a few more if i had the time.

In terms of Aegon i've heard several suggestions for this guy so far but they've all been horrific for one reason or another, I think they should do what they did with all part who are around that age and cast an unknown, whoever auditions the best, after all, Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke and Richard Madden have all been pretty good

I still like Bradley James for Aegon. I think Jamie Campbell Bower is too young and generally dislike the idea since he's already been in GoT in another role. Not opposed to an unknown.

Jamie Campbell Bower is roughly the same age as Emilia, Kit and Richard, so I would disagree on that point. As for him being on the show before: he was Waymar Royce in the unaired pilot and the role was recast when he couldn't return to refilm it because of Camelot. So no, he hasn't actually been on the show.

EDIT: Also, unless I am very much mistaken, after the recast was announced GRRM said something along the lines of wanting to see him return to the show in the future and in a 'larger role'. So to me it sounds like GRRM wants him to be Young Griff.

So Season 4 is 2nd half of book 3 and season is books 4 & 5 since they happen at same time. we're catching up! The kingsmoot is likely going to be scratched & I don't think Euron or Victarion will be cast as we simply have way too many characters to fit into a tv show already.

Season 5 and 6 (maybe even some of 7 since Dance of Dragons is giant) will cover Books 4 and 5. The Kingsmoot will happen. Areo Hotah will happen. The Dorne story will happen. Just watch. They can't possibly just start cutting HUGE storylines without HUGE reprecussions on the story.

Why everyone assuming the Kingsmoot was suppose to happen this season is beyond me though. This is going to cover the 2nd half of Storm of Swords and Brienne's story from Feast is going to be pulled over.

Oh and Coldhands WILL happen.

Archived