Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

There doesn't seem to be any good reason for the rest of them not to want to kill him. It's standard redemption arc fare though - no doubt he's the only able to track down the other Hydra members, Hopefully he'll betray them again and stay "evil"

I'd rather they just shelve him for the time being.

I thought I heard Carter was only 8 episodes - but I'm not completely certain (it was on the ign tv podcast that I think I heard it, though)

Yes. http://screenrant.com/agent-carter-tv-series-atwell-season-1-8-episodes/

As a Brit shorter series aren't that unusual for me. My only real worry is that it'll be a slow build like Agent's. Agent's really did need the entire series to find it's feet.

I don't agree. They hit the ground running. No dithering. Some interesting groundwork. They seem to have learned that things have to keep moving. So what if it was contrived in a spot or two? The show seems to have fully embraced is place within the Marvel cinematic universe and will run with it.

To much Ward though. I will say that.

I don't agree. They hit the ground running. No dithering. Some interesting groundwork. They seem to have learned that things have to keep moving. So what if it was contrived in a spot or two? The show seems to have fully embraced is place within the Marvel cinematic universe and will run with it.

But he was suitably creepy-ish

Yeah, good ep. I actually thought it had just enough Ward, though I don't find him hot. Triplett though... :drool:

Skye was also looking good, more toned down which actually fits their new status of being on the run.

Sad Lucy Lawless' character died though. Absorbing man was a good choice for a supervillian - strong enough to be a threat but not a Total Party Killed guy.

Liked the new villains, and the Fitz reveal caught me by surprise.

Many of the bad aspects of the show still seem to remain in place. Overreliance on gadgets instead of the characters (and therefore the writers) having to be clever. Coulson's self-righteous hypocrisy is still in full effect, complete with speech about how they know better than everyone else, and will totally save the world even if they have to steal all the cool toys they invariable need to do it. And of course it's all justified by the people who are actually supposed to be doing this job being completely incompetent (to the point that the US military apparently has outsourced its marksmanship training to Coruscant).

Ward is still looking like he might be headed for "redemption" (hey, he tried to kill himself, surely now we can forget about all those people he murdered?). Might not be what they're going for, but I'm leery of this show.

I guess of they needed to go to the Ward Well, did it have to be so soon? Little enough tension to build up to it. He didn't feel menacing, even if Skye was attempting to make it seem like he was with her acting.

How Ward is supposed to be such an expert on Hydra though?

Yeah, good ep. I actually thought it had just enough Ward, though I don't find him hot. Triplett though... :drool:

Skye was also looking good, more toned down which actually fits their new status of being on the run.

Sad Lucy Lawless' character died though. Absorbing man was a good choice for a supervillian - strong enough to be a threat but not a Total Party Killed guy.

I thought Lucy Lawless's character will be recurring.

Watching stream of consciousness to follow.

Why are the Germans speaking English?

Nice bit of Carter cross over.

Not in love with the new agents yet.

ABSORBING MAN!

Owww poor Fitz.

So they're already looking at the Kree stuff.

Hmmm wasn't expecting them to show him this early. Very Silence of the Lambs.

Nice that the HYDRA bases are colourcoded for evil.

That moustache is ridiculous.

He's got the ball and chain!

But why didn't he become stone so he can't be electrocuted?

Honey-comb kill room, so true.

The thing with Fitz being so angry works quite well.

Oh of course so he was purposefully captured.

That fucking Night Night gun. And why did they take his clothes, that's just mean.

Koenig's funny.

Damnit Xena, that was dumb.

And once again the military are hiring guys who can't aim for shit.

OHHHHHHHHHH! Twist!

So can Creel fly now? How did he get ahead of them?

Ok Now having read everyone else's thoughts: I figured Lawless would be a fake out death.

I enjoyed the Ward scene, just as long as he stays the for a while.

Creel was very good. And I like that he's not a devoted HYDRA guy.

The Coulson monologue at the end was overdone.

I'm not sure I buy that Simmons would leave either. Is she recurring this series? I hope she actually returns in person.

Are Triplett and Skye flirting now? I thought he had a thing with Simmons? I'm so confused.

Watching stream of consciousness to follow.

Why are the Germans speaking English?

Because when they try to speak German they sound even more ridiculous. (the word is "schnell" it's not "sniiiiaaeell")

Ward is Hannibal-ish creepy now, which is nice.

Coulson/Koenig on the phone with Private whatshisface was a highlight.

Fitz... :bawl: Now, get Simmons back!

Archived