Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Skye is Falling

The Anti-Targ

Because when they try to speak German they sound even more ridiculous. (the word is "schnell" it's not "sniiiiaaeell")

Ward is Hannibal-ish creepy now, which is nice.

You have to wonder how hard it would be to hire actual German actors.

Well he's not as clever, so not quite as scary. But they were clearly going for that vibe.

You have to wonder how hard it would be to hire actual German actors.

Well he's not as clever, so not quite as scary. But they were clearly going for that vibe.

No need to. Just let them speak English with the well known accent, that will do.

I thinks it's more the face to face prison scene that made it feel Hannibal-ish. But he is creepy. These signs of devotion are creepy.

I'm not quite sure about the spoiler policy in this thread, so:

I hope we'll see Agent Xena again. Stupid question: what does "MCU" mean?

Does anyone know how many Agents Koenig there are?

I hope we'll see Agent Xena again. Stupid question: what does "MCU" mean?

Does anyone know how many Agents Koenig there are?

Well so far: Spoilers allowed for everything, but it's usually appreciated to spoiler tag the first couple of posts after an episode airs to save people accidentally reading them.

MCU standfs for Marvel Cinematic Universe.

And at least two? Shame that no one has questioned him about it since S1 ended. I'm still thinking he's an LMD as he didn't seem choked up at all about his 'brothers' death. And the other one was by himself in Fury's base for months if not years alone. He's not crazy enough for that to be right.

Oh great, should have googled the MCU :bang: :blushing: Sorry, I'm a noob.

dunno about LMD. Simmons should have noticed something during the examination of Eric's body? Trip seems suspicious about the amount of Koenigs, so they might build that up.

Seems, Dr. Whitehall didn't age in the last - what - 70 years?

Infinity Formula?

Rewatching and I feel like a numpty for missing it but in the first scene Duggan half opens a box that clearly has the dead Kree feela from the GuestHouse in it.

It disproportionately annoys me the Playground's location is described as: Unknown. If they want to not tell us where it is fine, just say classified.

I know Nick Blood is English, but his accent still sounds fake.

Coulson says he has allies in London, and then two dots show up in South England, neither of them is where London is.

Before the Skye/Ward scene Eric mentions two buttons, one to turn the field opaque, and another to turn it soundproof. She only presses one button so it might be possible she heard the 'your father' line. (saying it like that makes me think of 'how's your father?')

As cute as Creels vanishing tricks are, he's still wearing trousers, why don't they show up?

Liked the new villains, and the Fitz reveal caught me by surprise.

Interesting that his mental state is both better and worse than it seemed for most of the episode; everything it appeared Simmons had to fill in for him, he was actually coming up with himself. And the optimism about his eventual recovery, too.

I don't remember from last season whether Simmons not returning was ever explained. Seems like a really weird decision given the commentary at the end of this Ep about part of the reason being that Simmons thought her absence would be better for Fitz's recovery. Displays a complete lack of awareness on the part of Simmons about her role in aiding his recovery; which is probably not surprising from Simmons. But that Coulsen could not see how necessary Simmons is to Fitz mental well-being and convince her to remain seems rather odd.

Seems like a bit of a plot hole.

Seems like a really weird decision given the commentary at the end of this Ep about part of the reason being that Simmons thought her absence would be better for Fitz's recovery. Displays a complete lack of awareness on the part of Simmons about her role in aiding his recovery; which is probably not surprising from Simmons. But that Coulsen could not see how necessary Simmons is to Fitz mental well-being and convince her to remain seems rather odd.

We didn't see him before she left; it's implied that he was doing badly while she was there, so staying away from him for a while was worth a try. He is clearly has an unhealthy fixation on her, so it's not at all certain that keeping her present was doing him any good. And being around him in his current condition must be very difficult for her, too.

Elizabeth Henstridge's Imdb says:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)
Jemma Simmons

- Shadows (2014) ... Jemma Simmons

Could of course still be Fitz hallucinating, but I hope not.

Interesting that his mental state is both better and worse than it seemed for most of the episode; everything it appeared Simmons had to fill in for him, he was actually coming up with himself. And the optimism about his eventual recovery, too.

It didn't really change my view of his state much. The issue was still the same as it was when it looked like he was actually talking to Simmons: he can't communicate a lot of his ideas to other people. And we learn that the only reason Simmons understands him is because she's literally in his head. He seemed to do sciency stuff well enough (I'd argue that the fact he gets to play around in a high tech lab is proof that he hasn't shown signs that he's a serious danger to himself or other people, but that decision was made by Coulson/SHIELD, so it obviously doesn't prove much of anything), though now his complaints about Simmons distracting him mean that his difficulties focusing on the task at hand are entirely in his head.

You'd think with all their hot superscience, SHIELD would have access to top level medical professionals. Maybe they all turned out to be Nazis.

Just a question how long they drag it out for.

Right now, after one week, Fitz has replaced Skye as the show's dragging force.

Eh, I'm fine with this as long as it doesn't last all season. And to be honest, the dragging force to me last year was Ward.

Eh, I'm fine with this as long as it doesn't last all season. And to be honest, the dragging force to me last year was Ward.

Hmmmmmm... true. My Ward dislike does blind me at times. Though the stuff with Skye, especially really on was an issue too...

Archived