How far south do you think the others will get?

Frey Kings

Battle of the Trident 2.0 is the common answer. But I still think they are more intelligent than meets the eye. I see them splinting up and going in different directions. One group may stay here and there, some will venture on..

Short Answer: Engulf the whole realm

Everywhere. That they seem to prefer assymmetrical warfare is a good hint for that.

Imho the North will be the least affected part despite being the first in the line of march: There has to be a reason Bran is in a warded cave with an old Greenseer and a bunch of CotF learning their mojo. Warded like the Wall, Winterfell and Storms End.

As well as weirwoods still existing in the North.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that the Others march like a human army would. They could as well ride on the winds, moving as fast as, well, winds.

There has to be a reason Bran is in a warded cave with an old Greenseer and a bunch of CotF learning their mojo. Warded like the Wall, Winterfell and Storms End.

I don't remember any one saying Winterfell and Storms end were Warded. Where does that come from?

mind = blown

interesting.....

It's an older theory of mine. Puddles dissolving into cold air as well as the Others being linked to a sudden temperature drop may indicate that they are more a kind of magical cold weather, who could form into a human form.

I don't remember any one saying Winterfell and Storms end were Warded. Where does that come from?

That's the reason Davos had to smuggle Melisandre inside Storms End proper, before she could birth her shadowbaby. Therefore we know the wards to be still active.

Don't remember exactly for Winterfell. Probably Old Nan or the like, something mentioned in passing.

And all three are linked to Brandon the Builder.

I remember of reading about the magic wards in Storm's end and in the Wall, but i don't remember of such thing being told about Winterfell.

About the question in the title of this thread, im convinced (sort of) that the WW will bypass the Wall, slowly walking to South, killing and zombifieing thousands of people that could not receive warning in time (or simply didn't believe in the threat)on their way, just to being defeated in a terrible battle at the Trident (i hope).

That's the reason Davos had to smuggle Melisandre inside Storms End proper, before she could birth her shadowbaby. Therefore we know the wards to be still active.

Don't remember exactly for Winterfell. Probably Old Nan or the like, something mentioned in passing.

And all three are linked to Brandon the Builder.

Oh right I didn't think of them having to enter the grounds before that could work. There may also be a CoTF connection. Some people believe the children helped Bran build Storm's end and I'm assuming they helped with the wall as well and probably Winterfell.

Always thought it would be around the Trident, but maybe with three Targ's there maybe three simultaneous battles.

A battle at Harrenhal, a fortress big enough for all of Daenerys freed armies to in habit & arguably where it all began.

A battle of the Trident, where Rhaegar fell & Aegon could rise.

A battle of Winterfell, where Jon's mother is buried & where Winter "Fell".

Probably not, but anything can happen.

I also would like to see them going very far south. As to where a final battle will be placed (if there will be such, not very probable I think) I could see something happening around the Isle Of Faces respectively the God's Eye.

Trident 2.0? Nah, too cheesy imho.

Battle of the Trident 2.0 is the common answer. But I still think they are more intelligent than meets the eye. I see them splinting up and going in different directions. One group may stay here and there, some will venture on..

Short Answer: Engulf the whole realm

This seems the most logical to me as well. Its not like they are going have the logistical constraints of human armies. Also, with their ability to raise undead armies, they have the ability to attack several places at once.

Everywhere. That they seem to prefer assymmetrical warfare is a good hint for that.

Imho the North will be the least affected part despite being the first in the line of march: There has to be a reason Bran is in a warded cave with an old Greenseer and a bunch of CotF learning their mojo. Warded like the Wall, Winterfell and Storms End.

As well as weirwoods still existing in the North.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that the Others march like a human army would. They could as well ride on the winds, moving as fast as, well, winds.

If this was true how did that wight enter that wild king village where Sam was with the weirwood tree?

I'm not saying that weirwoods are warded, only that Bran or BR may be able to work the warding mojo through them.

Blood raven knew Sam was there and sent CH to get him, if he could ward trees wouldn't he have used it then?

I think the humans will finally discover that the Others simply want to be friends and don't want any war, they just have this horrible condition where the temperature drops around them and the dead spontaneously rise in their presence. In the end, they will help bring the Wall down physically, but only after they make common cause with Jon and bring death and destruction upon House Lannister (read: Cersei).

I think the ancillary kingdom of Dorne will be safe from the Others. But in the rest of the seven kingdoms, I think the fortresses of Harrinhal, Eyrie, Hightower, and Kings Landing (Just the Red Keep) are besieged by the others and are the only pockets of survivors of any size. So to answer the OP, the Others make it to the narrow sea.

Archived