Notable Releases
From the Store
A Game of Thrones LCG: Return of the Others
A Game of Thrones LCG: Return of the Others
Amazon.com
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

Jonís queen ~ Adding all foreshadowings up.

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#1 The Doctor's Consort

The Doctor's Consort

Do as you're told!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,163 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

I am trying to make a list of foreshadowings about possible Queens for Jon.

Val:

Val stood beside him, tall and fair. They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.
Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong together.
You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

Dany:

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

Sansa: from here

She pushed two of her snowballs together, added a third, packed more snow in around them

Arya:

Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle
By Ice Turtle from here here
Spoiler

Shireen: from here by Paper Waver

Spoiler

Update1:

Arianne: from here By tze
Spoiler

What do you think about the list? What you would add?

PS: If you think that Jon will not end with someone good for you but I am looking for foreshadowings not personal opinions.

edit: added spoiler tags for length

Edited by Jon's Queen Consort, 25 April 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#2 Mad Monkey

Mad Monkey

Council Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

She pushed two of her snowballs together, added a third, packed more snow in around them

Eww. (Though Sansa is "kissed by fire".)

Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle

I don't get this one.

You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

This one could also fit Jon marrying Selyse.

Edited by Mad Monkey, 25 April 2014 - 09:56 AM.

#3 benalapin

benalapin

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

I really hope Martin hasn't inadvertently desensitised us to incest by having so much of it in his book. Jon and Sansa and Jon and Arya is just disgusting D:

#4 benalapin

benalapin

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

I really hope Martin hasn't inadvertently desensitised us to incest by having so much of it in his book. Jon and Sansa and Jon and Arya is just disgusting D:

#5 Chebyshov

Chebyshov

in charge of feasts and frolics

• Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

This one could also fit Jon marrying Selyse.

Haaa.

I'm hoping for a rather non-incestuous end to this whole thing, so I really hope it's not Sansa, Arya, or Dany. I don't see Shireen surviving to the end, so I guess by process of elimination that leaves Val? However, in terms of foreshadowing, I'm not sold on any of these.

#6 Roddy the Ruin

Roddy the Ruin

Leader of the Winter Wolves and Badass Extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

Asha

#7 Free Northman Reborn

Free Northman Reborn

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Val, surely.

Just a pity that she is about 6-8 years older than him.

#8 The Doctor's Consort

The Doctor's Consort

Do as you're told!

• Members
  • 13,163 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Val, surely.

Well we don't know how old Val is, for all we know she could been 19.

#9 Roddy the Ruin

Roddy the Ruin

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

Val, surely.

that just means she has experience

#10 Free Northman Reborn

Free Northman Reborn

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Well we don't know how old Val is, for all we know she could been 19.

That would be great. 18 even better. Do we know if she is Dalla's older or younger sister?

#11 Boarsbane

Boarsbane

Lion of the Rock

• Members
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Lollys. I think she will trigger his latent homosexual feelings for Sam, but Sam is with Gilly so Jon will know he can never have him so he takes the next best thing, Lollys, who will be recently widowed after Bronn somehow dies.

Edited by Boarsbane, 25 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#12 Roddy the Ruin

Roddy the Ruin

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Lollys. I think she will trigger his latent homosexual feelings for Sam, but Sam is with Gilly so Jon will know he can never have him so he takes the next best thing, Lollys, who will be recently widowed after Bronn somehow dies.

if this happens I will not stop laughing

#13 Lord Thornhart

Lord Thornhart

Council Member

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Val, Margaery, and Asha are in descending order of my favorite Queens. Anyone else I'm strongly against.

that just means she has experience

:thumbsup:

I'm of the hope that Val is 1-4 years older than Jon though. No older please.

#14 Chebyshov

Chebyshov

in charge of feasts and frolics

• Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

That would be great. 18 even better. Do we know if she is Dalla's older or younger sister?

I don't think we've found out, or have any way of knowing her age, for that matter.

#15 Free Northman Reborn

Free Northman Reborn

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

I don't think we've found out, or have any way of knowing her age, for that matter.

That's a pleasant surprise. I somehow had the idea that she was around 25 or thereabouts. Young in our world. Quite ancient compared to the main cast in Ice and Fire.

If it turns out she is actually 18, well, that would put her very much in 16 year old Jon's peer group.

#16 AnnieStace

AnnieStace

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

What you would add?

tze's post about Jon/Arianne (from here):

Parts of this have been posted elsewhere, but I'll stick them in here as well:

The sigil of House Martell includes a spear and a red sun. Jon's first love, Ygritte, was a spearwife. (Spearwives have been heavily associated with Starks and Winterfell---Osha, a spearwife, rescues Bran and Rickon, and Mance brings a group of spearwives into Winterfell to rescue "Arya"). When Jon finds Ghost in ASOS, right before the LC election, he says Ghost's "eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns."

In ADWD, when Jon is thinking about Val, he thinks of her as "A warrior princess . . . not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her." In AFFC, we have an Arianne chapter literally called "The Princess in the Tower". Arianne spends most of that chapter trying desperately to rescue herself from imprisonment in the Spear Tower. Arianne actually makes greater efforts to escape her tower imprisonment than Val does hers, thus fulfilling the spirit of Jon's declaration by, in a twisted way, adhering to the word of it (she's waiting for a knight to rescue her, yet she's doing her damnest to force the knights to come in the first place).

If R+L=J, then Jon was born in Dorne. Both he and Arianne would have had two siblings that they were not close to (for Arianne, Quentyn and Trystane, for Jon, Rhaenys and Aegon). Both would have been portrayed as being much closer to their cousins than to those siblings, to the point where those cousins essentially were their siblings---for Arianne, the Sand Snakes, for Jon, the Stark children. Moreover, when Arianne is imprisoned in the Spear Tower, she goes over her options and decides to seek help from Lord Fowler, the Warden of the Prince's Pass. The Tower of Joy, where Jon was almost certainly born, is located in the Prince's Pass.

In AFFC, Arianne has an affair with the "white knight" Ser Arys Oakheart. The Kingsguard's vows heavily parallel portions of the Night's Watch vows. House Oakheart is associated with trees, just like the Starks, and Arys and Arianne have this little convo in "The Soiled Knight" chapter

“I swore a vow...”
“... not to wed or father children. Well, I have drunk my moon tea, and you know I cannot marry you.”

Arianne goes on to tell Arys about a way for him to be released from those vows. If Jon gets released from his vows, such that he would be in a position to marry, then the entire Arys Oakheart/Arianne affair would serve to foreshadow a relationship between Jon and Arianne.

Jon's favorite sister is Arya (and say "Arya" and "Arianne" aloud---the two names are extremely similar). Ghost's sister (Arya's direwolf) is Nymeria, who was named after Arianne Nymeros Martell's ancestor, the warrior queen Nymeria. Nymeria's star is white, the color of snow and one of the two Stark colors (and the same color as Ghost). When Jon was young, he idolized the Young Dragon, the guy who conquered Dorne---yet the whole point of the Young Dragon/Dareon II story seems to be that you cannot conquer Dorne . . . you marry it.

Ghost is known as the silent direwolf. In the Spear Tower, Arianne repeats, over and over, the fact that she is surrounded by silence.

Arianne is, frankly, heavily associated with bastards. She's closer to her bastard cousins than she is to her trueborn siblings. She apparently lost her virginity to Ser Daemon Sand, the Bastard of Godsgrace, who went so far as to ask her father for her hand in marriage.

Arianne told her father she wanted "a consort with teeth". When thinking about a former betrothal (to old Ben Beesbury), she thinks, kind of redundantly, about how "she could not be forced to marry him if he was dead". There seem to be heavy Jon-centric foreshadowings (given his direwolf and his stabbing in ADWD) in both statements.

#17 A Song of Tyrion's member

A Song of Tyrion's member

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Do we ever have a Jon and Sansa interaction?

#18 Ghost's Shadow

Ghost's Shadow

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

ADWD Appendix says Val's the younger sister.

#19 Ingelheim

Ingelheim

I've never paid my debts.

• Members
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Appendix says she's the younger sister

#20 KINGpanther

KINGpanther

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

Sansa or Arya, no just fucking NO! I know Jon's suppose to be half Targ who are known for their incest but come on.

I'm pulling for Shireen but with Jon "recovering" and Stannis marching on Winterfell, Shireen has no protection from Val or Mel who both want her dead.

Dany probably.