[TV/Book Spoilers] PTV Unsullied Thread Part 8

Independent George

Since this is a thread where we discuss a non-Westeros forum, I hope I can bring this up:

is it just me, or has the IMDB forum completely deteriorated as of late?

I've been on imdb 8 years, it's always been shit. I just stick to 2 boards - one is somewhat civilized, the other is GoT :)

I've seen you on WiC.net too- that site's pretty decent!

It's really not, imho :)

I only like this forum here, but I'm on wic and imdb during season since they tend to be fast with news and rumors. WiC used to be, that is, they are not anymore..

Winter is Coming is only good for the casting news and the Oz of Thrones recaps IMHO. I only visit the page two or three times a week during the season, but during the off-season period I visit it every day hoping for some casting news.

I like WiC, the best site to get news about GoT, everytime I log on twitter I chek if they post any new update. Casting news, leaked pics, it is really fun to read those during the off-season.

Also I know it annoys some people, but I do enjoy the cast interviews. Just ignore the comment section and it's a great site

• 5 weeks later...

TV show human lives are not the same as real life human lives... So it's easier to be on the more 'utilitarian' side of the dilemma (protect your own people or have cool weapons aka firebreathing lizards). It's easy to make the call in front of your TV when you know that those dragons can help her later on in the war which you want and know is coming since it's a book and every story needs its climax. It's a lot harder to do that in Danys point of view since she doesn't know she's in a story and the lifes are real and the future is uncertain. And those viewers seem to lack that sort of empathy even if they possess it in real life. Showing the horrors and how hard such decisions are is a major point of GRRMs writing after all, but it does get lost in a TV show, bureaucracy is boring after all..

(but I like those parts)

There are however way too many reactions nowadays so I like this thread for giving me a good sample :D

Nah. Those viewers just saw a charred body of a child. There's no excuse for that kind of idiocy.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, I guess it's that time of the year again, eh? I've been lurking around the board without posting for a few months, but now that I saw in another thread that iheartseverus is back I'm encouraged to come back as well after being exiled to Reddit for so long ^_^

I've been checking the old Unsullied boards every now and then and it's been a bit quiet. The former TWOP - now Previously.tv - folks are starting to wake up from their deep sleep and the NeoGAF no book thread is seeing some movement again. I wonder if we'll find more unspoiled discussions this year, be it on forums or video.

Oh, and what happened to Dino and Byron? They've been quiet since July and they took all their GoT videos down :(

Well, for a quick fix to our withdrawal I'd suggest the Torchwoodboy channel for now. It's a kid who records his reactions to many TV shows, and he's recently finished uploading all his reactions from episode 1x01 to 4x10. Pretty fun IMHO.

Yay, finally two new posts today at PreviouslyTV... been so long since they've been discussing anything ! Hope to read their predictions soon !

Jack : http://forums.previously.tv/forum/696-the-unsullied-habitat/

It's a place were completely unspoiled people discuss the TV show, sometimes quite in length and depth (similar to how some of us read and discuss the books). It's fascinating to read them !

Hey guys, I guess it's that time of the year again, eh? I've been lurking around the board without posting for a few months, but now that I saw in another thread that iheartseverus is back I'm encouraged to come back as well after being exiled to Reddit for so long ^_^

I've been checking the old Unsullied boards every now and then and it's been a bit quiet. The former TWOP - now Previously.tv - folks are starting to wake up from their deep sleep and the NeoGAF no book thread is seeing some movement again. I wonder if we'll find more unspoiled discussions this year, be it on forums or video.

Oh, and what happened to Dino and Byron? They've been quiet since July and they took all their GoT videos down :(

Well, for a quick fix to our withdrawal I'd suggest the Torchwoodboy channel for now. It's a kid who records his reactions to many TV shows, and he's recently finished uploading all his reactions from episode 1x01 to 4x10. Pretty fun IMHO.

Yeah, I found Torchwoodboy's channel shortly after he started GoT, I highly recommend it for anyone who likes that kind of stuff.

Greetings, and thanks for the shout-out. But you all should know I no longer have anything at all to do with the Unsullied or PTV. (shit happens) I'm glad to be back for the new season and intend to be as active and opinionated as ever, but will not post again in this thread. See y'all around the other threads! Let the season begin!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the unsullied folks over at PTV have started a poll on which storylines they are most looking forward to this season. Still early going with 24 votes cast but leading the way are Tyrion and Varys with 5 votes and Arya with 5 votes. The bottom of the list with no votes cast as of yet are the Boltons and Reek and Jon Snow and the NW.

Archived