The death of Tywin and the feeling of game difficulty decay from IMPOSSIBRU to easy.

sanzor

In recent story? no one.

Aerys crapped himself before getting stabbed by his own KG.

Rhaegar was turned into mashed potatoes.

Robert was killed by a boar

Joffrey was poisoned and ended up looking like some pomegranate.

Aegon V died by probably some stupid move trying to get the dragons back.

Don't forget Balon slipping on a banana peel.

I suppose Tywin was the last of the old order going out, so there is a sense of the game being smaller and and the established and more majestic figures gone. Indeed the title of the next book feast of crows makes that point. However, was the pedestal the old figures were placed on justified? Not really. If anything the game has higher stakes now and no rules.

Exactly. Tywin left behind a "feast for crows" the game now has even scarier forces at work (resurrections, dragons, WW, krakens and magic horns) so there is more at stake, and no rules are left standing. Formula for armageddon.

I didn't want Tywin to die in some epic way but what I did want:

I wanted his whole line to die in a very very very brutal way from his monstrous spawns Cersei and Jaime to their inbred children(sorry Tommen and Myrcella you sweet innocent kiddos)even Tyrion had to go.

I wanted him to see Casterly Rock crumble like a bitch helpless to do nothing but knowing it was from his enemy preferably from a Martell or Targaryen Dany's dragons just burning that mofo down!!

I wanted him to see his golden mines dry up and he and his suffer such a heavy blow financially.

I wanted him to see his daughter walked through the streets like he did his father's mistress because he thought a Lannister was above such humiliation.

I wanted him to see what the Boltons and Freys will suffer from their treachery knowing that him and his were going to get theirs next

I wanted him to see the Others walk up on his ass in Kings landing where half his family resided and I wanted the Others to kill them all in a horrible violent way

But most of all I wanted him to see the day when Dany would come riding her Dragon like a boss gunning for Lannisters and I wanted the Martells, Starks, Arryns, Tullys to bring death and destruction on him and his.

But I got a shot to the gut on the toilet ugh at least he is dead

I didn't want Tywin to die in some epic way but what I did want:

I wanted his whole line to die in a very very very brutal way from his monstrous spawns Cersei and Jaime to their inbred children(sorry Tommen and Myrcella you sweet innocent kiddos)even Tyrion had to go.

I wanted him to see Casterly Rock crumble like a bitch helpless to do nothing but knowing it was from his enemy preferably from a Martell or Targaryen Dany's dragons just burning that mofo down!!

I wanted him to see his golden mines dry up and he and his suffer such a heavy blow financially.

I wanted him to see his daughter walked through the streets like he did his father's mistress because he thought a Lannister was above such humiliation.

I wanted him to see what the Boltons and Freys will suffer from their treachery knowing that him and his were going to get theirs next

I wanted him to see the Others walk up on his ass in Kings landing where half his family resided and I wanted the Others to kill them all in a horrible violent way

But most of all I wanted him to see the day when Dany would come riding her Dragon like a boss gunning for Lannisters and I wanted the Martells, Starks, Arryns, Tullys to bring death and destruction on him and his.

But I got a shot to the gut on the toilet ugh at least he is dead

:agree:

Anyway you people are right.Rules are gone.Magic comes into place.

Tywin was only ever on time borrowed from Varys and LF. Varys could have had Tywin removed at any point and would have done so had Tyrion not beaten him to the punch. LF put Tywin and the Lannisters in a hole in the war of 5 kings and only pulled them out of it when he brokered the Tyrell alliance because he deemed them the easiest for him to manipulate for his own gain.

Varys and LF run this game, Tywin was just a piece on the board.

Tywin was only ever on time borrowed from Varys and LF. Varys could have had Tywin removed at any point and would have done so had Tyrion not beaten him to the punch. LF put Tywin and the Lannisters in a hole in the war of 5 kings and only pulled them out of it when he brokered the Tyrell alliance because he deemed them the easiest for him to manipulate for his own gain.

Varys and LF run this game, Tywin was just a piece on the board.

Varys and LF were just as much at his mercy, he could of ordered their heads off at any time. Tywin has been playing the game longer than either of them.

They only allowed themselves to be at his mercy because they always had his measure. He was born with all the cards that neither of them were and was never able to reach the level they play on.

Archived