Game of Throne Weapons

vivnow

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the significance of GoT weapons forged with dragonfire.

I was wondering if weapons forged with dragonfire are what can kill the White Walkers. We know that the dagger Sam used, the Valeryian swords, and the Stark throne were all forged with dragonfire. I'm wondering if that throne will be disassembled in the last book to fight against the Walkers. (There are a lot of swords on that throne.)

I just started reading the first book but I've been watching the HBO show.

I don't believe that the way of forging has any kind of power - it's the material. Sam's dagger was dragonglass (obsidian), so it wasn't forged. We can't be sure if the Valyrian steel swords are all forged in dragonfire - the most ancient ones may be, but for example, Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail were forged from Ned Stark's Ice - so they are valyrian steel swords forged without dragonfire. I guess they are just as effective as ones forged in dragonfire. Valyrian steel and dragonglass are the keys to kill the White Walkers, not the way how they are forged.

Valyrian steel and dragonglass are the keys to kill the White Walkers, not the way how they are forged.

Thanks, Matoro. I'm probably overthinking things. Here is how my idea came about:

According to the Wiki Valyrian steel was forged at the Freehold of Valyria with dragonfire.

and

"The breath of the greatest dragon forged the Iron Throne...the swords of the vanquished, a thousand of them, melted together like so many candles..."

―Viserys Targaryen

and

"The smallfolk like to say that dragonglass is made by dragons while Maesters say it comes from the fires of the earth."

Archived