Ilyn Payne actor update

Arataniello

Also, as some commenter from that news article mentioned: If all ends well with him (as we all hope it will), then this will be great news for those 85% of pancreatic cancer patients that have so far been told that nothing can be done to help them. Keeping my fingers crossed here, both for Wilko and for all other pancreatic cancer patients out there.

Good lord! He's a famous British Blues guitar player! No wonder he's got such a great crazy eye. If you listen to him sing though you can see why they gave him the roll of a mute. Best of luck to you Ser.

I once saw him dissecting how he plays "She does it right" (I think) "It's easy, you just..." and then explained it, stroke by stroke... and no one still has ever played that song nearly as good as he does

I wish Wilko Johnson all the best-no doubt the grim determination of Ser Ilyn Payne will prevail over the most hated of illnesses,it speaks volumes (ha)of his presence that a mute characters possible recasting gets a mention-whether he's a famous guitarist or not he's made more of an impression than 'the mountain' in his few appearances

Hopefully he'll do okay... still would probably benefit from palliative chemo.

Good for him. The procedure he had is called a Whipple procedure. If his cancer was of a less aggressive type, there is actually potential for very long term survival.

He didn't only have a Whipple. They took the spleen, resected his stomach, and took several hepatic vessels. That's a lot of staple lines, and a lot of potential morbidity. The issue is that without chemo and micro-metastases or nodal metastases have been left untreated, and there is a significant chance of local recurrence as well.

I wish him the best of luck, I lost my older sister 2 weeks ago to the same thing, and ,my mother died when I was 14. We found out the week of Christmas about my Sister. We were thankful that she made it to her Birthday in March. She had a Major Birthday party & had a wonderful time.

I do hope that this works, this & Ovarian Cancer are 2 of the worst ones there is. By the time they find it, it is almost always too late.

God bless him & his family.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived