Ilyn Payne actor update

Arataniello

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good news

Wonder of "Ser Ilyn Payne" will be returned to Arya's list...

Can certainly throw him in if she returns to KL at some point

As for the longer term, I wonder what will happen with Jaimie/Bronn and if we'll end up with Jaimie/Ser Ilyn as in the books?

Depends what happens in Dorne I guess?

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! " 'Game of Thrones' executioner beats death "

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/jan/25/death-defying-musician-wilko-johnson-interview/

Q: You nearly died. Has it been harder to adjust physically or psychologically?

Johnson: "Physically, I'm nearly there; I think I'm getting better and better. Psychologically, I'm still trying to adjust. I spent this (past) year thinking my life was measured in months. Now, when someone talks to me about doing something in six months time, I can't take it in. I'm still trying to get used to the idea that my history now extends a little further than Christmas time."

Q: You were in the hospital for a total of four months after your tumor was removed. What was the first thing you did when you got out?

Johnson: "Funnily enough, it was to go home and get into my bed. (laughs) It was like: 'This is my room and my bed'."

Q: Are you gradually working your way back to performing on stage?

Johnson: "Yeah, I've done a couple of shows where I've got up with bands and played two or three numbers, and that was all fine. Now, it's a question of: 'Have I got the stamina to do a whole gig?' But I have been playing (my guitar). I still remember how to do it — 3 chords, 12 bars — you can't forget it. It's like riding a bike."

Q: How did you get cast as the executioner on the TV series "Game of Thrones?"

Johnson: "They got in touch with me, and asked me to audition. I think they wanted someone who could give dirty looks to people. And I gave them dirty looks, and they said: 'You're hired!' the only direction they gave me was to say: 'Everybody hates this guy and the children are all afraid of him'."

Q: You've gone through this near-death experience and survived. Did having a good sense of humor help you to get through this?

• 2 weeks later...

My personal suspicion is that Ser Bronn may not make it out of Dorne, I reckon when Jaimie gets back to KL in S6 and then goes north to wind up his arc with Brienne in the RL he will collect Ser Ilyn on the way, as he needs to continue his sword training and he has got no reference from Tyrion this time so will collect the guy who can't speak

Ser Ilyn is a tricky issue, he will nominally be in KL during Cersei issues, Cerseis downfall is enhanced by having her close protectors like Jaimie far away, Jaimie taking Ser Ilyn was a big deal, as taking the menacing Kings Justice undermines the Crowns aura in their issues with the Septons.

Reckon he'll make at least a cameo apperance on the show, he was heavily involved early on

Plus Arya needs someone to kill when she gets back to KL

Archived