Supernatural 3

The Amethyst Empress

It wasn't that Abaddon's death was unexpected. We all knew that was coming.

And it wasn't that Dean overcoming Abaddon's kickass demon power with the help of the mark/first blade, wasn't impressive. (although right before that Abaddon made a guy bleed from the eyes and broke his leg without even looking at him. But with Dean. Nope continually trying to push him against the wall should be sufficient.. What ever, I'm totally not even mad about that.)

It just felt... Anticlimactic.

Perhaps I found it strange that this fight was Abaddon vs Dean only.

Don't boss fights usually have more trash (where were all the demon minions) to clear before even getting to the boss and then it's a huge process to wear down heath until death. And then the cool loot.

I guess I'm a little stunned that Abaddon didn't turn out to be as formidable and smart as I thought.

Sure magical weapon was in play. But it only had one role to play.

I liked Abaddon. I guess I thought she would go out in a blaze of glory.

Then again seeing Dean go into overkill was a little.... Unsettling.

I can sense a parting of the ways for our guys. Oh please not again. Not for the hundredth time.

I can sense a parting of the ways for our guys. Oh please not again. Not for the hundredth time.

One Season and two episodes left? Of course they'll be parted, it's traditional.

What I didn't get is Abaddon is still very strong and hand to hand skilled, she just stood there like a lemon when Dean stabbed her.

Surprising given it was 18 months in the making. But for the best. If theyre goig to do a spinoff, they van doa hell of a lot better; wingless Castiel and semi-redeemed Crowley...

Paradox: now that Crowley jnr is in the present, e wont die in the past for his sprit to appear to Sam and dean in season 6...

Assuming that wasnt just a faked spirit. That crowley's 'death' episode played fast and loose with demon lore.

Wouldn't the bigger paradox be that Bobby called up his sprit, and Sam and Dean went to Scotland and dug up Crowley's body, but Dean says, "Crowley has a son, who knew" at least they kept that Crowley sold his soul for 3'.

The near-universal dislike of last weeks episode was heard loud and clear, Bloodlines has not been picked up for series.

:cheers:

I to thought that Aba's death was too quick. I would have thought she would get away, at least once. MBG is that they wanted her stoyline done, before dealing w/ Megatron in the last ep.

Overall the episode was good but not great. Thanks to the preceding two useless filler episodes, alot was crammed into this one. Abbadon's death felt a bit underwhelming and premature (much like Eve in season 6). She made for a great villian who was, for the lack of a better phrase, deliciously evil. Ah well, I guess we are back to women having no real role on this show apart from the occasionally recurring allies. The mark of Cain and all that goes along with it has got me really excited though and has the potential to make for a very good storyline

Apart from the paradox created keeping Gavin in the present, Dean, towards the end of the episode says "I just still can't get over the fact Crowley has a son." WTF?? Sam did mention however that changing any one thing in the past the ripple effect will impact everything that follows. Perhaps Gavin not dying in the past will have an impact on events assuming the writers don't just forget the whole thing.

A few episodes earlier, we learn Abaddon was collecting souls to create a demon army and had "factories" set up all over doing this. That has not really been touched on since and played no part as events unfolded in this episode. Imo, Abaddon's storyline was not given enough screen time this season.

Rewatching series 2, just finished the episode introducing the Crossroads Demon. Lots of Dean making snide comments about people being dumb enough to trade their souls. Oh, irony. And at least they got 10 years, Chucklehead. Best you got was 12 months.

Got me thinking about how it all works. Dean's deal brings Sam back to life, yet he was dead a couple of days if his soul is in heaven, how can a mere crossroads demon reach into heaven and yank it back? The demon also can guarantee Evan and his wife a long life? Really? So if a leviathan or some other uber-bad guy tries to kill them, it will somehow be thwarted?

Best I can come up with is a demon couldn't normally bring someone back from Heaven, but the higher-up angels were in cahoots with the demons to help kick-off the Michael/Lucifer showdown.

But the crossroads deal power does seem pretty reality-bending, even if the demons have to make a deal in order to wield it.

Also, Crowley managed to intercept Bobby's soul, and the rogue reaper says Crowley can do this. So how come Sam and Dean are still happy to risk their lives, knowing they're top of Crowley's no-fly list? Best I can come up with here is that Crowley could only catch Bobby because his soul had transformed into a restless spirit which operated differently than a normal soul. When Dean burned Bobby's flask to 'free' him, there was some doubt if a restless spirit went to heaven/hell or just vanished.

I'm not sure how this will play out. I hope to god that they get rid of Metatron, because he's just a crap bad guy, Bartholomew was far more engaging as a crazy right wing angel. Metatron is just: blegh.

Yeah,he's not even a bad-ass looking angel...He kind of reminds me of a teacher in my old high school(who incidentally taught theology lol)

Of course they will defeat him...The Winchesters always defeat the bad guy in the end of the season,then something else comes up

Archived