A Character you don't understand why the fandom/forum likes and hates?

TheBadboy

Name a character you don't get why the forum(majority or minority) loves and hates. And why.

Mine - Jaime. ( I don't get all the love for him).

I get he is a bit better than how he started off. But still to hail him him as a fan favourite amuses me.

I always found Tyrion to be far more enjoyable and less despicable than Jaime.

But I guess being attractive and saving a girl ( Brienne) always trumps being a dwarf and saving a girl ( Sansa)

Hate - Bran.

Odd choice. Boring maybe, but certain factions hate him because he is boring -_-

How can you simply not root for this guy!!!!

I mean especially unsullied turned sullied. He has the most screen time in the first episode, and the end of the it will be my most shocking tv event and the one that hooked me to the core ( cause I spoilt Ned's death maybe) .

Hence I guess Jaime and Bran are my choices given that the scene was about them ;)

Like: Catelyn

What do people like about a woman who abused a kid because he wasn't her son, arrested Tyrion on little evidence, and started a war?

Hate: Tyrion

Guys, haven't you heard of PTSD? Might help you understand if Tyrion did anything repugnant in ADWD. But I can't find anything too bad.

What do people like about a woman who abused a kid because he wasn't her son, arrested Tyrion on little evidence, and started a war?

Should I, guys? Yeah I'm going to.

I personally love her because 2 out of 3 of these statements are utterly false and the middle statement is up for debate.

I don't get the love for Varys. He is creepy, delusional and a bit sociopathic.

I don't get the hate for Quentyn. He is probably the most relatable character in the whole series (besides Tristifer Botley obviously) and he was a genuinely good person, who just happened to make a really stupid decision.

I will never, ever, ever, and I repeat never, ever, ever understand why anyone would hate Sansa.

Also, I don't understand why anyone hate any character...

As for love, I will never understand the love for Lady Whiskers. That stealing bitch should be attained.

Hate: Tyrion

Guys, haven't you heard of PTSD? Might help you understand if Tyrion did anything repugnant in ADWD. But I can't find anything too bad.

Seems like you use the word abused a child a lot more flackily.

Theon

Most people hate him for ordering the death of those kids, but loves Jaime and Hound. Hypocrites!

Oh, that's nothing. The crown for double standards get Darkstar fans, who are complaining about his inability to kill a girl, not the fact that he attempted to kill a girl. How messed up is that?

I don't get the hate for Quentyn. He is probably the most relatable character in the whole series (besides Tristifer Botley obviously) and he was a genuinely good person, who just happened to make a really stupid decision.

I misread this as Qyburn for a bit and I was just like ._.

Oh, that's nothing. The crown for double standards get Darkstar fans, who are complaining about his inability to kill a girl, not the fact that he attempted to kill a girl. How messed up is that?

Actually, everyone complains that he is really cheesy and arrogant, and his alleged prowess in combat is clearly shown false by his failed attempt to kill Mycella. People aren't saying he sucks cause he didn't succeed in killing her, they're saying he sucks because he is very smug and he overrates himself for no reason.

Archived