A Character you don't understand why the fandom/forum likes and hates?

TheBadboy

Don't understand the hate or even boring remarks about Bran. We get weirnet, bloodraven/Coldhands, cool prophesies, what happened to the Craster gang, CoTF, mystery knight, rat king, old nan, Jamie/Cersei twinfest, and a lot more coming.

Cat's awesome

I Admit when i first came on here I hated Sansa with a passion. All them Sansa lovers have shown me the light. Now i just dislike her story

Her story is so good though, and has some of the most interesting characters. LF and Sandor especially.

Her story is so good though, and has some of the most interesting characters. LF and Sandor especially.

Yes, her story is beautiful and has something about it that i cant really explain. She's a unique pov and i very much like everything post PW, especially Alayne.

Sandor is awesome

My dislike mostly stemmed from being unable to appreciate the storytelling at the time of my first read. I like darker fantasies. Now that i'm much older I can grasp it better. I dont know if i'm making sense but yah

The blind hate/love that almost all characters get is ridiculous!! But some are more annoying then others.

Hate:

Stannis:

the amout of hate Stannis gets from show Dany's fan has always baffled me. Most of them are so afraid Stannis is gonna win the throne that they simply decided that they'll hate Stannis and spam youtube with hateful Stannis comments while proclaiming their undying love for Dany so maybe the producers and GRRM won't dare to give him the throne... Lame!

Dany:

as much as people blindly love her they also hate her to an unreasonable degree!

Bran:

the Starks hate is strong but Bran always seams to get the most of it. Tho since season 4 started people are less hateful, is it because the actor grew up a bit? I know some people simply can't stand children but come on! He lost so much, how can you not root for this guy? Or any of the Starks?

Love

Show Tyrion:

I like him but the blind love and whitewashing is just teeth grinding and does he really have to be in every god damn episode!?

Dany:

especially show Dany! It's like she has Dragon so according to the producers she's automatically cool by extension...and therefore has to be in almost every episode even when they don't have anything to make her do!

Nice of you to shame children, marriage AND women who embrace that life in one breath. I guess we can't all be magically powerful little girls who "don't need no man" like the less realistic heroines in the books. This is why so many people flock to characters like Sansa, I think- they're tired of the misogynist "women who enjoy traditionally feminine things or need a man's help are useless morons" ideal society shoves in our face, and characters like Asha, Arya, Cersei, etc. don't help that. But Sansa totally contradicts the idea that this is wrong (well except for GRRM and the show pushing you to see her negatively). And that's refreshing.

I always cringe when this is the reason for liking a "good girl"-type character. It's one thing to criticise one-dimensional "man with boobs" characters, but dismissing well-rounded characters like Asha and Arya, just because they challenge traditional gender roles, is just as (if not more) misogynistic as ridiculing feminine women.

Also, Cersei is feminine. In fact, she's pretty much a collection of negative stereotypes about women.

I don't get why readers are so judgmental about characters in fiction at all, much less in ASOIAF. The only reason to dislike a character is weak writing and as long as characters function to advance the story in an entertaining or emotional way, I like them all. Yes, even Gregor Clegane and the Boltons and Darkstar.

'Ned is an idiot' 'Sansa's so passive it annoys me' 'Cersei is annoying' 'I hope so-and-so is punished harshly for getting in the way of my favourite character'

Opinions like this are based on personal bias and while everyone naturally has a personal bias, this is a work of fiction. All characters proceed according to their individual choices and personalities. This series is about how when the stakes are high, the smallest clash of personality plays out in big, unexpected ways.

Archived