Kit Harrington appreciation thread.

Arkash

I have personally loved Kit Harrington as Jon snow from day 1! It helped he's sexy as all hell but I rightly bought his storyline and it was one of my faves from the very begining. I watched the first 3 seasons (pretty much in a row. I was a late comer to the series) before I started reading the books and if he could get me invested in Jon before reading and knowing Jon then I feel he did the character justice even if his lines/direction weren't great.

No. Never suggest that ever again. *contemptuous glare*

:P

I just watched Pompeii and you know, Harington wasnt bad in that. The movie itself was pretty shallow and obviously made for visuals. But he was decent enough for what he was given. Being half naked throughout the damn movie didnt hurt none. I just hope he doesnt get typecasted as Pretty Boy Medieval/Period Hero cuz that would be balls for his career.

I just watched Pompeii a couple days ago and I agree he did a great job in the movie despite the movie itself being pretty bloody average (and that's me being nice, the story and dialogue were obviously secondary in priority over the effects- which were good). I think Kit Harrington is going to struggle to break away from the Jon Snow stereotype but I hope he can. I've seen him in silent hill 2 few years ago and he was pretty good in that too despite it being a b grade horror so I know he can do other sort of characters and not just "Pretty Boy Medieval/Period Hero"

Kit's voiced a prince character in the How To Train Your Dragon sequel (which comes out soon i think) and thats kind of edging into typecasting territory.

Season 3 was a little better for him, and he had some good scenes and occasional dialogue, but it still felt a bit like Jon was Ygritte's secondary character rather than the other way around.

You have no idea how much that cheeses me off. Like seriously, ive noticed that and omg i just cant. Why is Ygritte doing all the talking and pushing him around like that? She didnt push him around like that as much in the books. Jon has become so much more of a presence on the show without her around. Shes like a roving Spotlight Stealing Squad. Its annoying how much better lines she gets.

Kit's voiced a prince character in the How To Train Your Dragon sequel (which comes out soon i think) and thats kind of edging into typecasting territory.

He's voicing 'The Dragon Prince'.....

The R+L=J fans love this!

Definitely typecasting, they just don't know it yet. :lol:

It never occurred to me that Kit would be considered not awesome until coming to these forums haha. I'm glad to see most people here are defending his acting and saying he just received bad material (which, to be honest, also didn't occur to me - I'm very easily pleased).
I love me some Jon Snow action. His speech to rally brothers to head to Craster's and telling the grumpy old men of the Watch about Mance's army are some of my favorite moments so far this season.

I always felt like any blame for Jon's portrayal on the show could be squarely placed on the writers. Kit has always done a good job and this season and next season will be his to shine in. Jon Snow is a quiet character until after he gets back from being with the Wildings and most of what happens is him as an observer. I feel like his story kind of parallels Sansa's in that respect. They watch and absorb. Kit finally has some material that he can really sink his teeth into this season and he is nailing it. I'm very happy to see it b/c Jon Snow is one of my favorites and I love the story in the North and I'm glad we are finally getting more of it.

I always thought he was fine as an actor, but this season is his best.

But to be honest, I think one must remember with the success of this show, he has received many different opportunities. And as they say practice makes perfect. Some of the people on this show are so young and inexperienced that the success will allow them other chances to act in different things, which in essence will improve them.

I think this is precisely what is happening with Kit Harington.

I had my doubts about Kit's talent as an actor, but I really really liked his performance on the last episode.

I only wished he could have done that last killing by himself, to really show what Jon Snow is capable of. But I liked it anyway.

I had my doubts about Kit's talent as an actor, but I really really liked his performance on the last episode.

I only wished he could have done that last killing by himself, to really show what Jon Snow is capable of. But I liked it anyway.

I really liked the fact that one of Craster's wives was involved in killing Karl. We already know how good of a fighter Jon is and it was nice to have given one of those abused women a moment of revenge.

It never occurred to me that Kit would be considered not awesome until coming to these forums haha.

^This. But then again, I'm always surprised to see how 'fans' react to their 'favorite' shows or movies (especially those based on their favorite books).

Like Jon at that point in the books then?

I wonder how many people would stay happy if all of the stuff that had happened to Jon- losing his father, nearly getting killed by a dead guy, seeing the horrors at Craster's Keep, getting captured by the enemy, being forced to kill one of your own to infiltrate the enemy's camp and then having to betray the love of your life who then shoots you full of arrows- happened to them. It's not as if he doesn't have reason to be angry, upset and sad.

I wonder how many people would stay happy if all of the stuff that had happened to Jon- losing his father, nearly getting killed by a dead guy, seeing the horrors at Craster's Keep, getting captured by the enemy, being forced to kill one of your own to infiltrate the enemy's camp and then having to betray the love of your life who then shoots you full of arrows- happened to them. It's not as if he doesn't have reason to be angry, upset and sad.

I know. But just saying that his fairly flat acting was actually portraying teh character perfectly!

I know. But just saying that his fairly flat acting was actually portraying teh character perfectly!

Very true...in the books he doesn't do much more than react to what's happening around him...the difference being that we get to see his thoughts in the books, and we don't have that luxury in the show.

Archived