GOODKIND IX - Killer Queen

MinDonner

Well, if no-one else is going to do it... take it away people!

Remember, no flaming of other posters, if you're going to post a one-liner then at least write one that contributes to the discussion, etc etc...

Good morning and welcome once again to the Terry Goodkind Quote of the Day. We haven’t looked at Kahlan too much since the Phantom quotes began, mostly because very little happens with her during the story. At the moment she’s the prisoner of the evil Emperor Jagang, but Kahlan doesn’t know who she is thanks to the chainfire spell. But Jagang knows, and at this point in the story he decides its time for a little Old World tenderness. So dim the lights, play some Barry White and open some wine, ‘cause we’re getting ready for the “Jagang-bangâ€.

Jagang looked up at her. “Well, woman, take off your clothes. Or would you rather I tear them off you. Your choice.â€

“Whether I take them off, or you rip them off, it is still rape.â€

He straightened and peered at her for a time in the silence within the tent. The camp outside had quieted down considerably, leaving only the muted sounds of distant words to melt together into a dull hum.

<snip>

“you are mine, now,†he said in a low, dangerous tone. “You belong to me – to no one else. To me alone. I can do whatever I wish with you. If I choose to cut your throat, then it is your duty to bleed to death for me. If I give you to those three men who can see you, then you will submit to them, whether you like it or not, whether you do so willingly or not. <My darling, I….>

“You belong to me, now. Your fate is what I choose for you. You have no choice in what happens to you. None. Everything that happens to you is by my choice alone.†<Can’t get enough of your love, Babe.>

“It’s still rape.â€

He crossed the room in three angry strides and backhanded her, knocking her sprawling. He pulled her up by the hair and heaved her at the bed. The world spun as Kahlan tumbled through the air. She only missed the wooden post by inches. <Girl, I don’t know, I don’t know why>

“Of course it’s rape! That’s what I want it to be! That’s what you have coming!†<I can’t get enough of your love, babe>

He charged to the bed like an enraged bull. His black eyes were filled with wild storms of shapes. Before she knew it, he was above her. Kahlan had it all planned out. She wasn’t going to try to stop him, to give him the satisfaction of having to use force to have her. But with him right there, on top of her, straddling her hips, those thoughts were lost in the sudden panic of events that she desperately didn’t want to happen. She forgot all her plans and desperately tried to push his hands away, but in such a mood there was no stopping him. She had no strength to begin to match him. He didn’t even bother to slap her to make her stop resisting. With one yank, he ripped her shirt open. <Oh, some things I can’t get used to>

Kahlan went still as he stopped, her chest heaving from the effort. He stared down at her breasts. <No matter how I try>

<snip>

She was better then he was. He was only stronger. He could only have her by force. That knowledge gave her a thread of power over him, and he knew it. He could never have her willingly because she was better than he was, and she deserved better by far. He could never have a woman like her except by force because he was weak and worthless as a man. <It’s like the more you give, the more I want>

“Is your prized of prizes satisfactory, Excellency?†she mocked.

“Oh, yes.†Jagang’s wicked smile widened. “Now take off those traveling pants.†<And baby, that’s no lie, oh, no, babe>

When she made no move to comply, he did it for her, opening the buttons one at a time as if opening something valuable. She lay with her hands at her sides. He hooked his fingers over the waist of her pants, drew them down her legs, and pulled them inside out getting them off over her feet. He threw them aside as he paused to take in the length of her nearly bare body.

Kahlan silently bit the inside of her cheek to keep from pushing his hand away in a panic as he glided his hand up her leg, feeling the softness of her thigh. Kahlan fought back her tears. She would have given anything not to be there, to be anywhere else but at the mercy of this monster. <Tell me, what can I say, what am I gonna do>

“Now, the rest of it,†he said in a thick whisper. “Take off those underthings.â€

She could tell that pulling her clothes off had only excited him even more, so she did as he told her to do, trying to make it look anything but seductive as she did so. <How should I feel when everything is you>

As he watched her following his orders, he sat on the edge of the bed and pulled off his boots. He dropped his pants and kicked them off. As sickened as she was terrified by the sight of him naked, Kahlan gave in to weakness and turned her eyes away from him. <What kind of love is this that you’re givin’ me>

She wondered how she would ever be able to fall in love and let a man touch her after this. She reproached herself. She was never going to have the chance to fall in love. She was fretting over a problem she would never have.

The bed moved under his weight as he climbed up beside her and lay down. He paused to stare at her, to run his hand over her belly. She’d expected it to be a rough touch, a harsh grabbing of her, but instead it was a furtive touch, a slow, measured evaluation of something quite valuable. She didn’t expect his gentle approach to last much longer. <Is it in your kiss or just because you’re sweet>

“You really are quite extraordinary,†he said in a husky voice, almost more to himself than to her. “Perceiving you through the eyes of others just wasn’t the same – I can see that now.’

His tone had changed. The anger had melted away under the heat of his desire for her. He was on the brink of surrendering to uninhibited lust. <Girl, all I know, is every time you’re here, I feel the change, something moves, I scream your name, look what you got me doin’>

“It’s not at all the same….I always knew you were exceptional, but now that I see you, like this…you are a remarkable creature. Just…remarkable.â€

Kahlan wondered what he meant when he’d said that he had perceived her through the eyes of others. She wondered if he meant that he had watched her through the eyes of the Sisters. She was struck by an unexpected thought that rattled her: it was the thought of him having watched her undressing when she had thought that only a Sister was there. It filled her with an icy rage at such a violation. <Ummm, she’s naked in bed with him right now, but the thought of him spying on her fills her with rage?>

<snip>

He abruptly rolled over onto her. “You can’t imagine how long I’ve waited to do this to you.†<Darling, I>

<snip>

“You can’t imagine how much I’ve wanted to do this to you,†he said in a suddenly menacing voice. “You can’t imagine how much you have this coming to you.†<Can’t get enough of your love, babe>

She shifted her gaze to meet his nightmare eyes. “No, I can’t. So just get on with it and spare me a speech that means nothing to me, since I have no idea what you’re talking about.â€

<snip>

He abruptly hooked his arms behind her knees and pulled her legs up almost to her chest. It was hard to breathe. It hurt her hip joints to be bent like that, with her legs spread that way, but she swallowed back the scream and tried to ignore the way he was trying to control her, to dominate her as he took her.

“If he knew…this would kill him.†<Girl, I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know why>

Kahlan’s eyes turned to him. She could only pull in half a breath against the weight of him. “Who are you talking about?â€

<snip>

“if only you knew…this would kill you,†he said, obviously and profoundly pleased with the thought. <I can’t get enough of your love, babe>

<snip>

“No,†he said to himself. “No, this is not what I want.â€

Kahlan was bewildered. She wasn’t sure she had heard what she thought she’d heard.

He let go of her legs, letting them slip down onto the bed as he pushed himself up on his hands. She wished he weren’t lying between her legs so that she could draw them together.

“No,†he repeated. “Not like this. You don’t want this, but it would only be onerous. You would not like it, but nothing more.

“I want you to know who you are when I do this. I want you to know what I mean to you when I do this. I want you to hate this more than you have ever hated anything in your entire life. I want to be the one to do this to you both. I want to plant the memory of what it means tot you in your mind what I plant my seed in you. I want that memory to haunt you for however long you might live, to haunt him forever, every time he looks at you. I want him to learn to hate you for it, to hate what you have come to represent to him. To hate your child, the child that I will give you.

“To do that, you have to know who you are, first. If I do this to you now, it will only dull you to it, spoil the exquisite suffering it would cause you if you knew who you were when it happens to you.†[…] “You have to know. You have to remember who you are, you have to know everything, if this is to truly be rape…and I intend it to be the worst rape you can suffer, a rape that will give you a child that he will see as a reminder, as a monster.â€

<snip, blah blah, tells her to sleep on the floor next to his bed.>

He leaned over the edge of the bed, closer to her, peering down at her with his disturbing black eyes. He shoved his big hand between her legs so unexpectedly that she cried out.

He grinned at her. “And if you get the idea of trying to think of a way to sneak away, or worse, to do me in while I sleep, you had better forget it right now. It won’t work. All it will get you is time in the tents, later on, after I’ve ruined everything for you. I’ll see to it that all those men will have you, right there where my fingers are. Do you understand?â€

~Terry Goodkind, Phantom

~With special thanks to Mr. Barry White

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Jesus, that's horrific. Goodkind (BBNC) really ENJOYS writing about rape. That's even more lip-licking detail than he gave us about Richard's manly prowess against all those soldiers. What a scumbag.

She keeps her Moet et Chandon in a pretty cabinet

'Let them eat cake.' she says just like Richard Rahl would say

A built-in remedy for Jagang or other enemy

At anytime an invitation at the point of a sword you can't decline

Nutsacks and cigarettes,

Well-versed in etiquette,

Extr'ordinarily nice,

He's a Killer Queen

Sword of Truth and his thing

Dynamite with a level beam

Guaranteed to kick you in the jaw (anytime)

Ooh, recommended in a dress

Insatiable an appetite (Wanna try?)

To avoid complications he used the name Ruben Rubinik

In conversation he spoke just like he never loses breath

Met a man from D'hara went down to torch the Empire

(Killer, killer, he's a killer Queen)

Then again incidentally, if you're that way inclined (faggot)

Perfume came naturally from D'hara (naturally)

For mercy he couldn't care less

Relentless and precise

He's a Killer Queen

Guaranteed to kick you in the jaw (anytime)

(guitar solo - by Richard who has never played a guitar before but just knows how to use it because of his gift)

Drop of a Gar he's as willing as playful as a pussy cat

Then instantly into action, suddenly creating a war

(To absolutely drive you wild, wild..)

He's all out to get you...

He's a Killer Queen

Guaranteed to kick you in the jaw

Anytime

Ooh, recommended in a dress

Insatiable an appetite

(Wanna try?)

You wanna try...

Yeah, Jagangbang has some kind of crisis of conscience and realizes that it will be a more horrific experience for her if he waits. Kahlan is saved by the bell. Typically.

eta: Very nice MG, don't know if I really needed that.

QOTD: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

that was bloody awful - repellant and poorly written (well nothing new there then...)

She was better then he was. He was only stronger. He could only have her by force. That knowledge gave her a thread of power over him, and he knew it. He could never have her willingly because she was better than he was, and she deserved better by far. He could never have a woman like her except by force because he was weak and worthless as a man. <It’s like the more you give, the more I want>

“Is your prized of prizes satisfactory, Excellency?†she mocked.

“Oh, yes.†Jagang’s wicked smile widened. “Now take off those traveling pants.â€

is it me or has TG sunk to new lows here, muddled and packed with warped and twisted "logic". oh, and as for the use of "Travelling Pants"... URGH... words fail me....

Jagang come a knockin' on that Kahlan's door

Said, "Oh, baby are you ready to go?"

She said, "No, no, no, no, no I can't

Because I ain't got on my travelin pants"

Chorus:

Yeah Singin', "no, no, no"

Oh, Lordy, "no, no, I can't"

Because I ain't got on my travelin' pants

Jagang come a knockin' on that Richard's door

Said, "Oh, Dick, are you ready to go?"

He said, "No, no, no, no, no I can't

Repeat Chorus

Jagang come a knockin' on that Shota's door

Said, "Oh, witch, are you ready to go?"

She said, "No, no, no, no, no I can't

Repeat Chorus

Jagang come a knockin' on that Dark Sister's door

Said, "Oh, lady, are you ready to go?"

She said, "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes

Because I just got on my travelin pants"

Chorus 2:

Yeah singin', "Yes, yes, yes"

Oh, Lordy, "Yes, yes, yes

Because I just got on my travelin pants"

If I choose to cut your throat, then it is your duty to bleed to death for me.

Well, damn, I guess Kahlan will just have to show him that she's not going to follow such orders!

After all, she needs to be be true to her individualist spirit, Choose Life over Death and reject his collectivist orders to bleed to death upon having her throat cut. Doing anything else, that's just not something Richard/Terry would do, so there you go!

This is just getting bizzare. How many near rape experiences is this for Kahlan? And this time it doesn't happen because this guy wants it "to be truly rape"? Goodkind needs to work these issues out with his therapist, and not dump it on unsuspecting readers book after book.

Kahlan should have acted like a big whore. It worked for her previously, and if Jagang would get upset about how ineffectual raping her right now would be, if she faked wanting it, it probably would have sent him running from the tent in tears.

Hmm, I wonder what mystar's reaction will be when he sees that the Sam Raimi-link only lists Terry with 10 million sold copies worldwide...

Oh he knows, and apparently there is an explanation. However, he doesn't feel like telling anyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Terry_Goodkind

Why, yes I am aware of an explanation :)and the fact that it annoys you to no end is just bonus! Mystar

Erm...and what is this explanation?--Werthead

And then mystar seems to be struck dumb....

Well, he did say she was considering acting like a big whore and enjoying it just to spite him, but obviously decided against it. Has Kahlan actually ever been raped, or does she get saved by unlikely events in the nick of time, every time?

You know, there was something that I missed in this awful scene.

Something like:

"Now that I've decided in the last moment not to rape you because I want to wait until you know who you are to make things worse for you."

Said Jagang as he looked at her with his burning dark eyes in which she could see shapes.

"Now that you are in my power and nothing can possibly go wrong I'll tell you my master plan to conquer the world and, now that we are talking about this, my only weakness and vulnerability. Damn it, I'll tell you about the secret passage too! After all I'm winning!

Well, he did say she was considering acting like a big whore and enjoying it just to spite him, but obviously decided against it. Has Kahlan actually ever been raped, or does she get saved by unlikely events in the nick of time, every time?

She gets saved every time. Previously she got saved by her power suddenly coming back to her. Actually, I think that happened twice. She keeps losing her power just as a bunch of thugs want to fuck her, and getting her power back seconds before they actually do.

There are not enough :sick: s in the world to express my feelings of disgust.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

More than just sexual violence, though, Terry is all about ownership. Owning a sword, a body, a sports team, an empire. It's straight-up libertarianism -- may the strongest person win, and damn the consequences. Alas, he's also got a strong sexist streak, and so only men can win.

Bran -- traveling pants. I am gonna say that until your head explodes. :P

ETA: I am so glad that the Tairy threads have brought KAH out of hiding. *waves*

I wonder what the Goodkind fans think of scenes like this. Is rape a noble ideal to aspire to in Objectivism? I've seen people mention that the main character in one of Rand's book gets raped and falls in love with the rapist or something. I know only the "bad guys" rape in Goodkind's books, but the way he handles such scenes seem to go against his message.

QotD generic evaluation: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Now, for the nitpicking.

Jagang looked up at her. “Well, woman, take off your clothes. Or would you rather I tear them off you. Your choice.â€

“Whether I take them off, or you rip them off, it is still rape.â€

Kahlan sure is quick on the uptake...

She was better then he was. He was only stronger. He could only have her by force. That knowledge gave her a thread of power over him, and he knew it. He could never have her willingly because she was better than he was, and she deserved better by far. He could never have a woman like her except by force because he was weak and worthless as a man.

Ok, moral clarity rules. Just watch the author's subtleness.

traveling pants

What next, IO jackboots?

His tone had changed. The anger had melted away under the heat of his desire for her. He was on the brink of surrendering to uninhibited lust.

Oh, so cool. A rapist who has patience! Feel the sheer realism of it :sick:

“You can’t imagine how much I’ve wanted to do this to you,†he said in a suddenly menacing voice. “You can’t imagine how much you have this coming to you.â€

I think readers possess enough intelligence to get that message for the first time - with the subtle hints of Jagang being an evil, immoral guy. Sooo subtle...

<snip>

Actually, this frightened me. MM cut away several times, and it is still this long? Someone has a fixation with rape, methinks...

In my very humble opinion, to say that this should be burnt is an insult to fire.

I also noticed a really frightening obsessoin with violent sex when i read these books. It actually would have been really disturbing had it been well written. He writes with a kind of delight about these things and you really get the imprerssoin he enjoys writing these things. I find it very creepy and in all honesty would never want to meet this man face to face./

Archived