Acrophobia Leftovers!

Rill Redthorn

This is a thread to post your unused answers for the "Acrophobia" game and discuss rejected ideas and strategies.

Suggestions to keep this thread useful:

1) Please don't post any answers until the voting for the current set of letters is closed and the entries have been posted. We don't need anyone claiming that an idea posted here was "stolen" and submitted when it was actually just a coincidence.

2) If you post an unused answer for the current set of letters before the voting closes, please be sure you use failures that have no resemblance to your actual answer so you don't tip anyone off to what your submitted answer was.

So, to get the ball rolling, here are some rejected ideas from the current "Deities" game.

The Seven: TNEAKMU

Once I decided that "EA" had to be "Evangelizing Andals", I kind of got stuck there. Two variations on my final entry:

"These New Evangelizing Andals Keep Me Uneasy" If I'd had another letter to work with I might have been able to make this a quote from someone who was an Old Gods worshiper or something, but no such luck.

"These New Evanglizing Andals: Killer Mammoths Unimpressed." I so very much wanted to use "KM" for "Killer Mammoths" but then I thought "Who asks killer mammoths about their theological beliefs anyway?"

I also tried hard to come up with something where "K = Karhold" and even "K = karaoke", but neither of those went anywhere -- which is probably a good thing in the case of the karaoke, but I bet I'd have gotten votes if I'd found some way to make karaoke relevant to the worship of the Seven... :D

I've got a couple from the current voting round (Drowned God/Storm God) but I'm going to hold off on putting them up because they either have something key in common with my final entry, or they're too close to someone else's entry and might cause confusion in the voting for the current round.

TNEAKMU

I tried and tried to use "take note" But nothing else worked.

Here is out combined idea:

Take note everyone: All karaoke moves undead.

Take note everyone: Avoid karaoke music, undead.

Trying naked entertainment? Avoid karaoke music, underwear.

... Emmit stops posting about nakedness and underwear.

this is from the last theme.. praise the "devils" lol

The Bad Cat - RAFKBT

-rarely attacks first, kicks butt though

-radical ass feline kills birds thoughtfully

-ridiculously angry feline .. kills .. bites .. tears

-rowdy and fluffy .. kicks butt though!

i ended up choosing the last one and tied for most votes that round. :shocked:

Round 3:

Praising Walder Frey: Logistics genius hatches amazing wolf reimagining.

Praising Joffrey: New valentine! King exchanges honeys.

Praising Puddles: Extraordinary genius graduates Monday. Though the first thing I came up with was "Eh, good going, mate."

Praising Kraznys: first thing I thought of (with absolutely no relevance) was Gorges on fabulous bat meat. Greasy, on fire, boy...misjudged! and I almost submitted this one: Great! Overpriced fire bat misbehaves.

Praising LF: The highest winner merits complete obedience, friends. and Titan hewn to mockingbird. Center of fortune.

Praising Euron: Loves everyone! Dashing! Makes ideal senior reaver!

Okay, this was the entry I ultimately ditched for the one I used, on the grounds that this one was just too random. But I thought it was amusing:

TBRUGL: The Great Other

Toss bikinis -- Reconsider ultrawarm Gore-tex longjohns.

Here was my first passable attempt, eventually passed over for the craziness above and my eventual entry:

Thawing Banned! Reason: Unrepentant Glacier Lover.

Here were some rejected ideas for the Drowned God/Storm God:

GOABP

God, omnipotent, asks booty price.

Here, of course, I meant "booty" as in plunder....but I wasn't sure if the double entendre with the other meaning of "booty" would be a plus or a minus.

God -- octopus arms? Better pray!

Someone else went with "octopodes", but I couldn't recall any mention that the Drowned God actually had tentacles himself, even though I always think of him as Cthulhu Lite.

"Get out, Andals!" -- Badass Pirates

and

Gods ousted Andal by-products.

Both of these were built on the idea that the worship of the Seven never took even partial hold on the Iron Islands, but having unsuccessfully used "Andals" in the previous round, I rejected them.

Round 4:

The seven:

That naughty elder always kinks Maid's underwear.

Thwarted! Never eavesdrop around killjoy Mother. Unfair!

Thieves nearby? Entreat assistance. Knights made ubiquitous!

and the first one I thought of... Too numerous. Efficiency askew. Kleptos might unionize.

The Drowned God:

God of a briny persuasion.

Ghastly ordination (asphyxiated body prerequisite).

Greyjoy officiates: Aeron blesses pelagically.

Round 4:

The seven:

That naughty elder always kinks Maid's underwear.

Thwarted! Never eavesdrop around killjoy Mother. Unfair!

Ah, I also tried to use K= killjoys at one point (probably the association with religion, heh). Doing a paean to all seven of the...uh, Seven...in only seven letters was really challenging. It would have been a lot easier if we could just have picked one to work with.

Round 4:

Greyjoy officiates: Aeron blesses pelagically.

Oh, I really like this one, because you got two ASOIAF namedrops and one million-dollar word in "pelagically". I think I would have voted for this one! (Does that make you feel better or worse? :dunno: )

Ah, I also tried to use K= killjoys at one point (probably the association with religion, heh). Doing a paean to all seven of the...uh, Seven...in only seven letters was really challenging. It would have been a lot easier if we could just have picked one to work with.

Oh, I really like this one, because you got two ASOIAF namedrops and one million-dollar word in "pelagically". I think I would have voted for this one! (Does that make you feel better or worse? :dunno: )

LOL neither better nor worse. I didn't submit it because it wasn't really about the Drowned God so much as his chief servant.

Some rejected ideas for "The Many-Faced God", LRDWK

I was thinking about going into the "Make up your own words" technique in a big way with the following, but decided it was too much:

Leftwhite rightblack door. Wolfgirl knocks.

A simpler but much less interesting version of this was "Left/Right door -- wolfgirl knocks." I liked this one, but felt it was more about Arya than about the actual God.

Then there was this one:

Lone real Deity -- Waterdancer knows.

But I rejected that because the main reference to this was from the TV show where Syrio uses "Not Today" as his catchphrase instead of "Fear cuts deeper than swords". I've been listening to The Dragon's Daughter and it specifically calls out TV-Syrio's line about "There is only one God, and his name is Death", but I wasn't sure anyone else would even know what this was talking about.

Then there was this one, which I liked but rejected on the grounds of it having no real flair (and using "L=life, D=death" which I figured a lot of people would do.)

Life rotten? Death welcomes, kindly.

Anyway, for the God of Tits and Wine I won't have any rejected entries, because when I spend hours working on these things I get nothing better than a mediocre vote response, so this time I just went with my first idea, heh, and we'll see how it does.

The best of my The Great Other rejects:

Terrifying badass really urbane gentleman lord.

"To Branraven: rewrite unjust ghastly lore."

This being's royal unmentionables glow! Lulz!

This babe reigns--undeniably got leverage.

And some others...

"That bloody R'hllor! Upstart git! ... Lann!" This sort of assumes that Lann the Clever works with TGO

"That boy Rhaegar understood. Gifted lad."

This being, regularly uninvited, gets lonely.

"To Betty: royal underworld getting loud." Which explains why he decided to move back to Westeros.

"Tom, being royally undead gets long." No idea who Tom is.

And the first one I came up with: "Too bad R'hllor's uncle got lost."

And some others...

"That bloody R'hllor! Upstart git! ... Lann!" This sort of assumes that Lann the Clever works with TGO

Heh, change "Lann" to "Loser!" and I think this one is a real winner.

Or maybe adjust slightly to:

"To Bloody R'hllor, upstart git: LEAVE!"

I adore the idea of R'hllor being addressed as "upstart git."

Heh, change "Lann" to "Loser!" and I think this one is a real winner.

Or maybe adjust slightly to:

"To Bloody R'hllor, upstart git: LEAVE!"

I adore the idea of R'hllor being addressed as "upstart git."

Yes, that's a winner!

Acrophobia by committee.

Here were some rejected ideas for the Drowned God/Storm God:

GOABP

God, omnipotent, asks booty price.

Here, of course, I meant "booty" as in plunder....but I wasn't sure if the double entendre with the other meaning of "booty" would be a plus or a minus.

"Get out, Andals!" -- Badass Pirates

:lol: I bet you would have gotten votes of the double entendre of booty price.

The second one is awesome!

Archived