Acrophobia Leftovers!

Rill Redthorn

<snip

The standard this game has been phenomenal though. I think having free rein to make stuff up has awakened a lot of creativity.

:agree: It's been awesome to have so much leeway and make things up. We should definitely have more games with themes like this. Maybe every third or fourth game, so it stays special.

Anyway...here are the leftovers for Queen Meera:

Royal caring maiden requires absolutely sane nobility

Reigning cutie maintains rambunctious attitude, sarcastic nature.

Rational cutie makes really awesome sense. Neato!

Reluctant, caring maiden reigns--advocates silent noshing.

"Reassessing coinage" makes really awful slogan. Next!"

Ruling country makes reasonable administrator slightly nuts.

these are very good. I particularly like "reigning cutie..." and "advocates silent noshing" and "reassessing coinage". Her personality comes out in every one.

I've never read this thread. I'm amazed at everyone's fecundity. I only occasionally hit the zone where I come up with a whole list of answers that are reasonably OK, and its especially torturesome deciding, and then I aways send in the wrong one.

Mostly, I just send in the first one I come up with that is at all viable - hence very hit and miss scores. It's hard enough to come up with one, I am not up to figuring out what people like.

Thank you!

I never try to come up with something based on what I think others will like. I just enjoy playing around with words. I do sometimes not submit something I think wouldn't get votes, but mostly I just pick the one I think is the best/strongest/funniest. Oh, and I rarely submit the first thing I come up with. I usually get better the more I play with the words. But that's just me.

The leftovers from the Ned and Howland round:

Look Dayne--Reed Police Department!

Lads deepen relationship. Poor Dayne.

Lyanna discovered Reed's panic disorder.

Little direwolf/reed play dangerously.

Little discovered: Reed pawned Dawn.

Loyalty denied, Reed? Protect direwolf!

Loyal, devoted Reed protects direwolf.

Learning direwolf, reed, realistically play dead.

Some of these are excellent! Reed PD lol! And the image of the direpup and froglet playfighting is delightful.

These are great fun. Miles better than my leftovers lately. I had some pretty weird leftovers from both the last 2 rounds.

Round 5:

Rules courageously, making Robert appear savagely nauseating

Reek claims Meera rhymes alongside sneak. Nay!

Reigns covertly. Meera's regulations are sane. Nebulous?

Round 6:

Love! Deeply resplendent, praiseworthy deference

Love! Daring, rich, passionate devotion

Ladykiller duo reap plentiful dames

Some of these are excellent! Reed PD lol! And the image of the direpup and froglet playfighting is delightful.

Thank you!

These are great fun. Miles better than my leftovers lately. I had some pretty weird leftovers from both the last 2 rounds.

Round 5:

Round 6:

Thanks DG. I rather like that first one for Meera, and I like Ned and Howland as ladykillers. The irony on that is awesome.

I was very happy with my entry, but here are my final round leftovers anyway, ranked in order of personal preference:

Mysticism, Belief, Wisdom, Conservation

Mud Brothers, We Conserve

May Brethren Walk Concealed

Mystical Believers, Without Conflict

Mighty Bonkers, We Crannogmen

Mudmen? Bog-dwellers? We're Crannogmen

I was never entirely happy using 'Crannogmen' or references to mud because it seemed unlikely to me that GRRM would go that way if he had created House Words for the Reeds. Nothing against going down the humour route, I just wanted to approach it as GRRM might have done.

"May brethren walk concealed" is very strong. It speaks to both the fraternity of crannogmen and to their ability to disappear into the bog.

I match your "very" and raise another "very".

This probably would have been my first place vote!

Why thank you. Quite intrigued to learn how well it would have done now. No way it would have got enough points to catch Fragile Bird though. That would have required a record haul and opinion is too diverse for one entry to score so much.

I was very happy with my entry, but here are my final round leftovers anyway, ranked in order of personal preference:

<snip

Love all of the bolded but really love May Brethren Walk Concealed. It's both House Word-like and funny. I would have voted for that. Think I did vote for the one you entered anyway.

My leftovers (brace yourselves, I did a lot of playing with this one).

Many bump without cause.

Meera better watch closely.

Many bend, we cower.

"Muy bueno, wonderful crannogs!"

May boys withstand criticism.

Many bury, we cremate.

Millions bled, with cause.

Mighty but wee. "Crannooooooooooooogs!"

Magic before weapons. "Croak."

My bounty waxes cellular.

My bounty waxes climactic.

Made bold with conflict.

Round 5:

Round 6:

Lady B called it: the ladykillers one is class

I was never entirely happy using 'Crannogmen' or references to mud because it seemed unlikely to me that GRRM would go that way if he had created House Words for the Reeds. Nothing against going down the humour route, I just wanted to approach it as GRRM might have done.

But I like your mud brothers pun. It's witty rather than an outright gag and so maintains the required gravitas that House Words should have. Although I missed the deadline (went to sleep :( - damn you GMT, damn you), I was circling round this entry: Muddy bloody waters conquer.

Love all of the bolded but really love May Brethren Walk Concealed. It's both House Word-like and funny. I would have voted for that. Think I did vote for the one you entered anyway.

You did. I thank you for it. It was the best collection of leftovers I've had in a while I think, although I was never likely to pick the lower three.

Lady B called it: the ladykillers one is class

Thanks nwarg. I was pretty happy with my entry that round too though: Lion distaste reciprocal - "prima donnas". I tended to prefer my attempts at combining clever and realistic than my attempts at outright humour.

But I like your mud brothers pun. It's witty rather than an outright gag and so maintains the required gravitas that House Words should have. Although I missed the deadline (went to sleep :( - damn you GMT, damn you), I was circling round this entry: Muddy bloody waters conquer.

Would be interesting to know how yours would have done, how close it would've ended up between you and FB.

No doubt you'll return even stronger next game! :D

I finished second without ever winning a round. I think if I'd stuck with my answer about capybara's in the first round I could have won.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I seem to be an all or nothing kind of player as a general rule. There are times I wish I had a consistent supply of votes like you get.

I'm delighted you're playing though. I seem to recall a few decent placed votes from you :cheers:

Archived