When Is 'The World of Ice and Fire' Coming Out, Vol.3

28th of October, 2014

For the time being, anyways. In the meantime, a man gotta speculate and Ran gotta tease..

The last post from the previous thread is from Paper Waver -

Ran, will we have the back story of Mormons's Raven? :D

Ran did say that BR will be mentioned here and there. :)

BR is another "rare bird" and Mormont's Raven might be originally his. The bird is very old and BR is still alive. The skinchanging connection works both ways. BR is drawing strength from the trees and it is possible that the long life of Mormont's Raven might be due to his connection with BR, who is still kicking :)

I wonder if we'll learn more about the Disputed Lands, if there are towns, farms and villas there or the war between Myr, Lys and Tyrosh and the dothraki raids have made it into a desert.

I think Lys and Tyrosh need to import their food from somewhere else (I doubt those tiny islands can sustain major cities like Tyrosh and Lys) and the most logical thing would be to build farming colonies in the Disputed Lands, but, with so many wars, could those farming settlements become true towns?

I wonder if we'll learn more about the Disputed Lands, if there are towns, farms and villas there or the war between Myr, Lys and Tyrosh and the dothraki raids have made it into a desert.

I think Lys and Tyrosh need to import their food from somewhere else (I doubt those tiny islands can sustain major cities like Tyrosh and Lys) and the most logical thing would be to build farming colonies in the Disputed Lands, but, with so many wars, could those farming settlements become true towns?

I have checked, and Bali, that is about 5,632.86 km² had a populaton of about 1.000.000 inhabitants at the beginning of the XX century, while Lombok, that is 4,725 km² had a populaton of about 1.000.000 inhabitants at the beginning of the XX century,

Mauritius had a population of about 300,000 souls during the XIX century

If we assume that Lys is roughly the size of Bali, while Tyrosh is roughly the size of Mauritius (1,865 km²), and that they are very fertile, I can see them holding and feeding populations of several hundred thousand inhabitants, with their capitol cities holding populations of about 100,000 inhabitants (maybe twice that number for Lys).

There's some new stuff on all the Free Cities, as well as the Disputed Lands.

Night's Watch info, too, though I suppose not as much as some would have liked.

Probably because the Night's Watch history touches too much on some of the biggest mysteries of the series.

And perhaps it sometimes feels (to me at least) as if the rest of the realm (and thus also the maesters) don't care about the Night's Watch all too much. Only the North seems to really care.

And that's too bad, because the NW is very interesting :)

And look at how they threat North blood over there. :( ;)

So excited for this to come out! Though I cannot say I wish we were there yet, because then I'd be wishing my upcoming vacations away. Lol.

Thanks for the awesome work that's been put into this, we appreciate it.

Archived