Which Great Houses will keep their regions at the end?

When the curtain falls which of the eight regions of westeros (discounting crownlands) will be ruled by a different lord paramount? I ask because I genuinely don't see them changing much at all compared to the beginning with the possible exception of Houses Tully, Tyrell and Baratheon. I should point out though that I believe Jon Snow will be King at the end not Stannis or Dany so that could change your perception majorly.

A Stark will Rule in the North

I believe Harry the Heir will adopt the Arryn name and rule the Vale because sweetrobin is probably a goner.

Either Tyrion or Martyn or one of the various cadet branch Lannisters will rule the Westerlands

Arianne in Dorne

Wilas or Garlan in the Reach

A cadet branch Greyjoy in the iron islands or Asha

I think Jon would restore the Riverlands to Edmure if he lives but that ones a bit hit and miss

Edric Storm or Shireen ruling the stormlands.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Forgot Aegon, would really like him to but don't see it happening

A Stark in the North.

Tyrells are toast.

Arriane will ally with Aegon, and down that route lies defeat and death. So Trystane in Dorne.

Some Lannister in the West.

Probably Harry the heir in the Vale.

Baratheons are probably toast, unless a bastard continues their line.

Edmure Tully in the Riverlands.

Not sure about the Iron Isles.

Targaryens to get the Crownlands, as one of the new Nine Kingdoms of Westeros.

After all that happened everything is back to the status qou?

I honestly don't know how the series will end, but i'll be damned if all the great houses are exactly where they were when the started.

You say this but think about the history of the place, the Blackfyre rebellions, the dance with dragons, even Aegons conquest. Very few regions have changed hands so I think it's likely GRRM will ironically keep them in the same Houses, to emphasise the idea that the Game of Thrones never ends and that the individual war is just another chapter in history.

I think the only two houses that are going to lose their Lord Paramount status are Baratheon(by way of extinction in the legitimate line) and the Tyrells(some other powerful Reach house will take it from them).

I think the Tyrells will lose their Lord Paramount status after being smacked down by the Hightowers.

I think the Arryns may go extinct along with the Baratheons

The Boltons will be wiped out by Jon and Stannis

House Baelish will fall to Sansa using the Catspaw blade in LF

House Greyjoy seems pretty screwed, I'm guessing The Reader will replace them

But other then that I think

House Stark will be restored with Rickon as Lord of Winterfell

House Targaryen will be restored as Rulers of the Seven Kingdoms, with Jon as King and Daenerys possibly as his queen

House Lannister's main branch will be wiped out, save maybe Jaime who will either join the NW or KG if he lives

House Martell will love in through Trystane

The only paramount houses I see as potentially changing hands are the Westerlands and the Stormlands, with the Tullys and Starks regaining their seats. I see little reason why the Tyrells would be under threat, even acknowledging Mace Tyrell's buffoonery, since Willas and Garlan look to be quite capable of commanding the respect of the other Reach houses. In order for the Tyrells to lose their status, either the Hightowers or Redwynes would have to turn on their overlords, which is very unlikely given how married into each other the three houses are.

Tyrell's are gonna fall hard

Rickon, King in the North

Tyrion, Lord of Casterly Rock

Dorne, a Sand

Vale, Sansa

Stormlands, Shireen (if she survives) if not Gendry/Edric

Riverlands, Edmure with Blackfish advising

Crownlands, Destroyed

Dragonstone, Dany

Night's Watch, gone along with the Wall

The part that everyone seems to forget is that Paxter Redwyne is married to Mace Tyrell's sister, whose mother is Paxter's aunt. Mace, for his part, is married to Leyton Hightower's daughter. This does not completely eliminate the possibility of the Redwynes or Hightowers rebelling against the Tyrells, but it does make it somewhat unlikely.

The part that everyone seems to forget is that Paxter Redwyne is married to Mace Tyrell's sister, whose mother is Paxter's aunt. Mace, for his part, is married to Leyton Hightower's daughter. This does not completely eliminate the possibility of the Redwynes or Hightowers rebelling against the Tyrells, but it does make it somewhat unlikely.

Agreed, interesting not many people see the Tyrell family surviving.

North - a Stark(probably Rickon)

Ironlands - Asha or somebody out of house Greyjoy (all of them dead)

Riverlands - Edmure restored (Freys lose the Twins)

West - Tyrion or sb out of house Lannister (they lose Casterly Rock)

Reach - Tyrells lose Highgraden

Stormlands - Edrik Storm

Dorne - Trystan Martell

The Tyrells and the Tullys are the most likely to be replaced. I would say that is more likely than not that both houses will be replaced by the ending, especially with the Tyrells.

The Arryns might be replaced in the Vale depending on what happens with Hardyng. Harrold Hardying will probably become Lord Paramount of the Vale, but will he live long enough to produce an heir? This remains to be seen.

The Starks and Martells are the least likely to be replaced. The odds are very high that these houses will retain paramount status in their respective regions. As an aside: I do think that the aristocracy will be weakened for the benefit of the crown so that paramount status means less.

Most likely to be replaced: Tyrells, Tullys

Second: Arryns

Third: Lannisters (mostly hinges on Tyrion's fate)

Fourth: Baratheons, Greyjoys

Least likely to be replaced: Starks, Martells

I was thinking Tarly, I don't think he has any direct ties to the Tyrells and he might finally get fed up with Mace.

I think there will be very little that remains to look the same. Every house who is anything but violently resisting both the Red God and the Others is going to fall, so, maybe we will have house Stark, Reed and Targaryen as the remaining major houses... if the humans survive at all, that is... this is George R. freaking R. Martin.

Archived