Aegon VI Targaryen Appreciation Thread.

Chatty Duelist

The cyvasse game is hugely overblown, let's not forget that Jon almost physically harmed Tyrion on their first meeting and Tyrion was way less atrocious at the beginning of the series. Let's also not forget Aegon is a king, let's see Tyrion pull his shenanigans with any of the WoFK claimants or Dany and see how that plays out...

Thank you! I don't know why people harp on it so much. Frankly, I can still be a sore loser at times. I also think Martin wanted to use the "he may well be a Targaryen after all" line.

Thank you! I don't know why people harp on it so much. Frankly, I can still be a sore loser at times. I also think Martin wanted to use the "he may well be a Targaryen after all" line.

Even though he is fake he is still related to the Targs. He is descendant from all the worst exiles in the Targaryen family to be precise.

Even though he is fake he is still be related to the Targs. He is descendant from all the worst exiles in the Targaryen family to be precise.

I'm not sold on him being fake. I'm very much not sold on him being a BF. But real or fake it's a good line to include. It shows that Tyrion is skeptical of his identity, which will likely be an important plot point (even if he is truly real, proving that is basically impossible.

His claim is going to be doubted no matter what). Which is maybe why GRRM had Aegon say the infamous "pick those up," so that Tyrion's line could follow. My entire point was just that people need to stop focusing on the cyvasse game when deciding about Aegon. I think he's got a good personality and really could make a great ruler.

Even though he is fake he is still related to the Targs. He is descendant from all the worst exiles in the Targaryen family to be precise.

Are you joking? The blood of the falseborn were the worst kings in history. Producing tyrants kinslayers and mad men. The blackfyres were brave and bold.

Are you joking? The blood of the falseborn were the worst kings in history. Producing tyrants kinslayers and men. The blackfyres were brave and bold.

Brave and bold? All the exiled Targaryens? Aerion Brightflame and Maelys the Monstrous were brave and bold and the rest of the family is falseborn? Please enlighten me

This isn't the place. If you want to discuss Aegon Targaryen's legitimacy, make another thread, this one's for the good guys.

Brave and bold? All the exiled Targaryens? Aerion Brightflame and Maelys the Monstrous were brave and bold and the rest of the family is falseborn? Please enlighten me

When did Aerion become a blackfyre?

Maelys faced the whole might of Westeros with hides exiled brothers in arms with only some rejects as allies. He was the boldest and trues son of the black king.

The blood of the false born are all descendent from the false king Daeron.

This isn't the place. If you want to discuss Aegon Targaryen's legitimacy, make another thread, this one's for the good guys.

haha, You Are one to talk about thread etiquette.

Anyway this is an appreciation thread....What does that even mean? Can't he be appreciated even if his father is not Rhaegar?

I didnt say anything bad about FAegon. I mentioned his exiled ancestors but that's all. Please tell us all what exactly we are allowed to say here.

Anyway this is an appreciation thread....What does that even mean? Can't he be appreciated even if his father is not Rhaegar?

I didnt say anything bad about FAegon. I mentioned his exiled ancestors but that's all. Please tell us all what exactly we are allowed to say here.

I agree with that. I'm an Aegon supporter even if he was some random from Flea Bottom. In fact, I'd rather like that. To me, if he's a BF that's the most boring possibility, but that's just my own opinion. But you're right...his potential and skill set are about his upbringing, not his actual genetics. And it's that upbringing that makes me really like him.

Aegon has been shaped for rule since before he could walk. He has been trained in arms, as befits a knight to be, but that was not the end of
his education. He reads and writes, he speaks several tongues, he has studied history and law and poetry. A septa has instructed him in the mysteries of the Faith since he was old enough to understand them. He has lived with fisherfolk, worked with his hands, swum in rivers and mended nets and learned to wash his own clothes at need. He can fish and cook and bind up a wound, he knows what it is like to be hungry, to be hunted, to be afraid. Tommen has been taught that kingship is his right. Aegon knows that kingship is his duty, that a king must put his people first, and live and rule for them

Sue me.

Sure he can.

You said he was descended from the worst exiles.

That's hardly a compliment.

When did Aerion become a blackfyre?

Maelys faced the whole might of Westeros with hides exiled brothers in arms with only some rejects as allies. He was the boldest and trues son of the black king.

The blood of the false born are all descendent from the false king Daeron.

Maelys is most likely Daemon's grandson, not son.

I think the cyvasse thing is soooo overblown. Firstly, it was probably his first experience with deception. It would have been odd if he had not reacted.

Secondly, in medieval times a bit of temper in a king was preferred to the alternative. The houses of Normandy and Plantagenet were famed for their choleric outbursts, and even Stephen...possibly England's most affable king...could on occasion put the fear of god into subjects who displeased him.

And third, the guy who was actually there and who rarely likes people found himself liking Aegon even after the cyvasse holocaust.

I agree that it's overblown, but I can't help but feel that it's intended to be important foreshadowing. Ultimately, despite Varys trying to create the ideal king, Aegon is still relatively spoiled. He's always been the most important person and he's aware of this - a deliberate contrast to Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon Snow.

Archived