Karl Tanner and Locke Appreciation thread (Show Spoilers)

Too quick a death for Locke; he'd started to grow on me.

Great acting on Karl's part, except the final fight. Both he and Jon looked like drunk men trying to do... something. I don't know. They just sort of flailed around, spent far too much time lingering. Oh, and Jon decided it would be better to use just one hand most of the time, instead of two. He should've been half-swording or something:D

Great ending, though, with the "extra tongue".

Kudos to both. The Karl character and actor really stood out and is very memorable. Glad he's not a lameo villian.

1) Locke was killed off too quickly in the show. Are the producers expecting to shock us with another unanticipated death? I thought he would go on further, but the way it concludes make this whole storyline is a bit lame. In the end he is relagated into a useless character who is unable to accomplish anything. It's lame too how he manage to run into Bran so conveniently. This whole storyline development sucks. They should leave this character rampaging in the Riverlands and run into the Hound or Brienne or even BwB.

2) Locke's death is too quick. Just a snap to the neck and the scene is over in 5 secs? Surely he deserves more.

To be fair to the show, they HAD to show Locke's death at some point - he's a minor character but made a huge mark when he cut Jaime's hand off. They couldn't just have him ride off into the sunset.

He WAS killed off to soon though, his character had more potential.

Would have been better if Yara's men killed him during the upcoming Dreadfort rescue then having him "join" the Knights watch though

I've only seen Gorman in a few other roles.. But he really brought it this time.. Killed every scene he was in.

His little pow-wow with Jojen was 'A Fine Thing'~!

Talk about a fine thing..

That was quite a fight there..

Though Karl OWNED Jon Snow. And Jon is my personal favorite.. But he got owned.

I had kind of thought both of these guys would bite the dust (Gorman especially) last night..

But I was hoping against hope that Locke would survive somehow.

I just knew when you got him and Bran in the same place he was doomed.

RIP Locke and Karl Tanner, you rose too high and fought too hard. You made the high lords tremble at your common hands, you looked death in the face and laughed. You were lords to your men, though you knew how to follow. From Gin Alley to the Riverlands, to the Dreadfort and the Lands Beyond the Wall you endured. The Watch will never see your likes again. And now your watches are ended.

I'm kinda surprised people seem to enjoy Locke more than the focking legend of Gin Alley. Karl as a chracter is over the top, but I definitely wouldn't call him cartoony. Gorman's acting, and the little tidbits we get into his back story, really help create a tense and climactic atmosphere when we finally get to the show down. I was disappointed that Locke went out the way he did, but I guess I just didn't find him quite as mesmerizing as Gorman. Still sad that we won't be seeing either again though. On the whole, I realize that this is all filler, but really, it made for such good television that I could care less. I wish all of their book deviations could be executed in such a stellar fashion.

Jon would probably get killed if that Craster's wife didn't stab Karl from behind. Will Jon ever become a better swordsman just like his father Rhaegar was?

I liked Hodor killing Locke, but I think Locke should have suffered a much worse fate. He deserved it.

Rhaegar wasn't that great a swordsman.

Archived