Small questions v.10080

Angalin

He's never mentioned again. Lots of things can happen to someone on the road, especially during wartime. It's also possible he took the opportunity to escape the watch.

Edit: Reminds me of the crying girl Weasel in that sense, Maybe they're hanging out together.

He's never mentioned again. Lots of things can happen to someone on the road, especially during wartime. It's also possible he took the opportunity to escape the watch.

Edit: Reminds me of the crying girl Weasel in that sense, Maybe they're hanging out together.

Weasel is with Beth Cassel in a shining white tower surrounded by rainbows and lemoncakes.This location exists only in my mind :p

Onto the more serious business of questions, does anyone know if the World Book will shed some light on Aegon V Kingsguard? Or alternatively a thread on the matter would be fine

Weasel is with Beth Cassel in a shining white tower surrounded by rainbows and lemoncakes.This location exists only in my mind :P

Onto the more serious business of questions, does anyone know if the World Book will shed some light on Aegon V Kingsguard? Or alternatively a thread on the matter would be fine

It might not if Martin & Co consider it spoilers for future Dunk and Egg novels. Other than Duncan, Gerold Hightower and Glendon Ball are the only names that spring to mind as possibilities. Hightower because he (probably) took over Lord Commander when Dunk died, and Ball because it may be foreshadowed in The Mystery Knight.

Weasel is with Beth Cassel in a shining white tower surrounded by rainbows and lemoncakes.This location exists only in my mind :p

Well, I think we can bank on Dunk the Lunk and the Knight of the Pussywillos. After that it gets pretty speculative.

Save for Brienne do we have any other candidates on who Dunk's descendant might be?

Hodor is the other major contender, based on his size and Bran'ss vision of a tall knight kissing someone in the past at Winterfell.

Edit: but if there's just one, it's totally Brienne. Martin said he gave a big hint in Feast.

It might not if Martin & Co consider it spoilers for future Dunk and Egg novels. Other than Duncan, Gerold Hightower and Glendon Ball are the only names that spring to mind as possibilities. Hightower because he (probably) took over Lord Commander when Dunk died, and Ball because it may be foreshadowed in The Mystery Knight.

Well, I think we can bank on Dunk the Lunk and the Knight of the Pussywillos. After that it gets pretty speculative.

Thanks, hope we do get some information on it. I was thinking of Ser Raymun Fossoway as a possibility.

Any ideas what happened to Arnell after Jeor sent him to treat with Renly?

Since he is Ser Arnell Fossoway (or at least the son of a Fossoway) its even possible he joined Stannis or Renly when he arrived there

Thanks, hope we do get some information on it. I was thinking of Ser Raymun Fossoway as a possibility.

Since he is Ser Arnell Fossoway (or at least the son of a Fossoway) its even possible he joined Stannis or Renly when he arrived there

I thought about good old Raymun, but he's going to have to star the "green apple" Fossaway line, isn't he? I would think Stannis would not have welcomed a deserter of the Night's Watch into his service.

I thought about good old Raymun, but he's going to have to star the "green apple" Fossaway line, isn't he? I would think Stannis would not have welcomed a deserter of the Night's Watch into his service.

But Renly may have. You know, sort of "Join my cause and I free you from your vows" type thing. Renly liked to make people love him so...

Yeah, it seems as if Raymun has a lot to do, being a KG might not fit in there. It's always possible that one of his sons got a position in the KG, though, thanks to Aegon remembering Raymund from when he was young.

But that's all speculative. We don't even know when Gerold Hightower joined the KG, how old he was, or when he became LC.

Save for Brienne do we have any other candidates on who Dunk's descendant might be?

afaik, only three characters have hints in the books :

Brienne with Dunk's shield

Hodor, Old Nan's great grandson, through Bran's vision

Small Paul with this quote from aSoS Prologue :

"I don't want to hurt no bird," the big man said. "But that's a talking bird. What if he tells what he did?"

Lark the Sisterman laughed. "Small Paul, thick as a castle wall," he mocked.

Archived