Re-read advice!

KellieBom

I'm doing my first re-read and really taking my time this journey through. I ripped through all 5 books in about 4 months. When I read the first time through, I combined Feast and Dance and I'm glad that I did. There were many things that I picked up on by reading them that way that I am pretty sure I might not have noticed reading them separately.

So now that I am re-reading...I would like to hear your opinions on reading the two books combined again, or should I read them separately the second time around? I'm tempted to read them both combined again because it was such an enjoyable experience the first time...

...but I want to know what you guys think.

KB

first time that i read them i read them in order with 4 and 5 uncombined. second time i reread them i read them in order with the combined 4/5. Have to admit that the combined version is much much more enjoyable. Then again thats just my opinion, I like having all of the character story archs fresh in my mind while im reading, and doing 4 and then 5 can kind of interfere with that. The combined version is quite satisfying lol

• 3 weeks later...

Kn1tt3r, thanks for the advice regarding merged reading list on Ball of Beast. I looked for a "contact us" spot but couldd not locate so I am hoping you can answer for me. Samwell I : AFFC 6* - the footnote states *these chapters have been combined into one for Ball of Beasts". Which chapters have been combined? I only see Samwell I marked with *

This combined 4&5 concept seems like a great idea. I've recently started a re-read of the series but hadn't given any thought to combining them like they had originally been intended. Looking forward to testing this out!

I can vouch for combining books 4/5. I tried reading Feast by itself, and I got about halfway through and just couldn't bring myself to finish. I missed the characters I was familiar with. I took a break for a few weeks and then started over, but this time I combined 4/5. The read was much more enjoyable when they were together. It felt like the story had a better flow to it. Definitely give it a try. I used the Boiled Leather list, and it worked really well for me.

Archived