[Book spoilers] Jon and Ghost's reunion

It's character assassination of Ghost, of course...

But really, I liked the scene. Show!Jon is not a fifteen years old teenager. He's a grown up man who had just won his first combat as a leader of men, his veins are full of adrenaline, so he acts like a man teasing his companion giant wolf. He's not going to cuddle his wolf and turn around in the snow in front of his men. It's not the image he'd like to project and it's not how he's feeling at the moment.

This makes sense... I rather enjoyed the moment for what it was. I believe grenn noticed ghost first then gets Jon's attention and then..."seven hells!...I missed you boy."

Yes, I thought it underwhelming, too, horribly so. I understand the limitations of working out how to superimpose what where, but, really, they could have given it some energy. And it continues to be a thorn in my side that they don't show the dire wolves nearly enough.

Yep. If Jon had mentioned how much he missed Ghost in previous episodes, it would have made the reunion all that much more profound. But he didn't. And the reunion wasn't.

Sad, because the direwolves are the reason the Starks are my faves.

Anyways, Ghost and Jon are re-united. And Jon was happy, at least. Ghost didn't appear too ecstatic at the meeting. What do we infer from that? Hmmm.

Are you kidding me? IMO the reunion of those two was great. It certainly brought tears to my eyes and it did match Jon's character (whereas cuddling a direwolf and rolling around in the snow with it does not, at least IMO).

Seriously guys, here the producers throw you a bone (no pun intended) and you trample it like an unwanted, flee-ridden rug.

It's character assassination of Ghost, of course...

But really, I liked the scene. Show!Jon is not a fifteen years old teenager. He's a grown up man who had just won his first combat as a leader of men, his veins are full of adrenaline, so he acts like a man teasing his companion giant wolf. He's not going to cuddle his wolf and turn around in the snow in front of his men. It's not the image he'd like to project and it's not how he's feeling at the moment.

Good observation. You're totally right.

I also think it was a bit underwhelming. It was like anybody else finding their dog. I think that has more to do with the fact, they don't have the bond that Book Jon/Ghost have, and the setting is vastly different. In the books Jon hadn't felt Ghost in a long while, and when the reunite it is if his other half is back.

Felt like it was a bit underwhelming yes, but felt his appearance was great if you perceive how the direwolf acts like Jon. Slow and silent, careful etc. I liked how it was slow and not overdone.

whole cgi impacts into it as well

Anyone else been annoyed by Jon's exclamation ? "Seven hells" is related to the faith of the Seven, and Jon is a northman who worships the Old Gods... it is quite a mistake from the author of the episode, isn't it ? (sorry for the grammar, I'm not English ;) )

Anyone else been annoyed by Jon's exclamation ? "Seven hells" is related to the faith of the Seven, and Jon is a northman who worships the Old Gods... it is quite a mistake from the author of the episode, isn't it ? (sorry for the grammar, I'm not English ;) )

maybe he picks up a bit of the slang at the wall, would be understandable with all the people who worship the faith there

You guys should probably stop watching the show, since it's so disappointing to you.

My thoughts exactly. "Oh they changed this!" "They didn't do this!" "They're not doing things word for word from the books" "D&D don't understand the story"

Just stop watching all together & instead read the books every Sunday. Only hurting yourself.

He's said it before when Ygritte escaped from him. It seems to just be a common curse, having nothing to do with one's religion.

My thoughts exactly. "Oh they changed this!" "They didn't do this!" "They're not doing things word for word from the books" "D&D don't understand the story"

Just stop watching all together & instead read the books every Sunday. Only hurting yourself.

Such a stupid argument just cause people are dissapointed by certain things in the show doesn't mean they don't enjoy it overrall. If you can't handle peoples criticisms stop visiting the forum all together or stick to the positive nitpicking threads ;)

I think that is just a common curse like non-Christians will say "Jesus Christ!" and "Oh my god!" despite not believing in the religion.

Arya also said it in Season 1 when Sansa was going on a rant about how she loved Joffrey and wanted to have his babies. It was a pretty adorable scene, she sniggers saying 'seven hells' and Ned gives her a small 'try not to laugh' smile in return, clearly agreeing with Arya :lol:... :crying: .. :bawl: Damn those happy Stark memories!

Wolves are too small.

I love Kit, and his acting is fine. But even Daniel Day Lewis can't wrestle with a CGI dire wolf, and while the show has money, it doesn't have that kind of money unless you only want to hear the dragons for the rest of the season because you want the war vet returns home to pooch moment.

Pretty sure they actually use real wolves in front of a green screen and then add CGI to make them larger:

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Direwolves-in-Game-of-Thrones-Season-3.jpg

Wouldn't be that hard to do: film Jon and Ghost cuddling, then add CGI.

Such a stupid argument just cause people are dissapointed by certain things in the show doesn't mean they don't enjoy it overrall. If you can't handle peoples criticisms stop visiting the forum all together or stick to the positive nitpicking threads ;)

Thank you.

Nope I loved it,

It was muted and I liked how it came across on the TV screen.

While I really appreciated it and had been looking forward to it for a long time, did anyone else find it underwhelming? For instance, when they're reunited in ASOS, just north of the wall after the battle, Ghost leaps at Jon and they roll around and cuddle on the ground, like anyone would do after being seperated or away from their pet for a long time.

Perhaps it's just nitpicking, but does anyone else feel the same way?

He's not going to cuddle his wolf and turn around in the snow in front of his men. It's not the image he'd like to project and it's not how he's feeling at the moment.

But it's a giant direwolf. Cuddling with a giant direwolf, after killing a bunch of scumbags, would still be pretty badass.

Archived