Ser Karyl Vance, relative of Brynden Rivers?

Alright, I'll make this brief.

During my extremely slow re-read of AGoT (Which I am still doing) I spotted a character known as Ser Karyl Vance when Ned is going to send Beric and some men after the Mountain. Typical side-character, save for one thing. He has a wine-stain birthmark on his neck, described in a manner that strongly resembles the Bloodraven. Further more he is from the Riverlands, Bloodraven's mother was of house Blackwood.

It is possible that Ser Karyl is related through the female line as the houses of the Riverlands would have marriages for alliances and such. Brynden Rivers was also an albino, so in my not so informed opinion it seems more possible that he descends from the male line.

What are your thoughts? Please keep it civil.

Alright, I'll make this brief.

During my extremely slow re-read of AGoT (Which I am still doing) I spotted a character known as Ser Karyl Vance when Ned is going to send Beric and some men after the Mountain. Typical side-character, save for one thing. He has a wine-stain birthmark on his neck, described in a manner that strongly resembles the Bloodraven. Further more he is from the Riverlands, Bloodraven's mother was of house Blackwood.

It is possible that Ser Karyl is related through the female line as the houses of the Riverlands would have marriages for alliances and such. Brynden Rivers was also an albino, so in my not so informed opinion it seems more possible that he descends from the male line.

What are your thoughts? Please keep it civil.

Vance is definitely not an albino though. But I did find his birthmark rather curious.

House Vance is also somewhat mysterious. There are two of them and neither's castle has been pinpointed so far (as far as I know), even though at least one of them looks like a fairly major Tully bannermen. Then again, until recently we didn't really know where Raventree Hall was either.

So there are a lot of possibilities.

Archived