[BOOK SPOILERS] "Only Cat"?

Jonny Boy

So has anyone else wondered if they might change "Only Cat" to "Only Catelyn"?

A minor thing, but it crossed my mind.

I don't think so. Show Petyr has referred to Cat as Catelyn multiple times IIRC. Plus, "Only Cat" sounds more punchy and quotable than "Only Catelyn."

Do not appreciate it! Around here, we shoot the messenger.

:commie: :commie: :commie:

Valar Morghulis :ninja:

This made me laugh out a lot louder than it should have :lol:

I swear, this two week hiatus is the one thing about the show that manages to piss me off year after year without fail.

"Verily, only Catelyn, none other, yes-yes, off you go."

:lmao:

"Speaking candidly, off the record, cross my heart and hope to die - only Catelyn Tully of Riverrun"

Another question: In the preview, I keep noticing Sansa keeps grabbing her left hand. Why does Sansa keep grabbing her left hand like it hurts? Speculations? I'm curious. Don't remember her hurting her hand during the Snow Castle scene in the book. Unless--in the show--she hurts her hand smacking the shit out of either Petyr (after the kiss) or Robin (after he destroys Winterfell). :pimp: Guesses?

She still had her wedding ring on in the last episode. Maybe it has something to do with that? Who knows...

I can see why 'Only Cat' is in this episode. Without it, this episode is more of a set-up without anything huge plot wise happening. Its better to go into the two week hiatus on a high rather than a lull. Also, its kinda pointless to have all your bullets for the final episode. I think it would just be a huge overload for people to properly digest. Better to spread it out. Although, in my opinion, I would much rather have the duel in episode 7 and 'Only Cat' in 8.

I think it is great strategy to "spread it out". This way we have something quite exciting and/or surprising happening in every one of the episodes 6 through 10.

My 2 cents: in this episode we'll have Only Cat + Lady Stoneheart hanging Freys

Then, in episode 10, Lady Stoneheart will hang Brienne

Maybe the hanging Freys, but they won't blow their big last reveal with showing Lady SH already.

I can't imagine they'll have Littlefinger blame some random guard we've never met before. I anything I think they'll just have her appear notably drunk and then Littlefinger will say she stumbled or something like that.

Maybe the hanging Freys, but they won't blow their big last reveal with showing Lady SH already.

I agree with that.

This feels so early though...guess we'll be embroiled with Vale politics for the rest of the season?

I think they've mentioned Catelyn enough this season (and will continue to) that there are several ways to get to the LS reveal in the finale without it explicitly coming after the Lysa scene.

The entry point is probably Brienne as well as the BwB who are all well-known to the audience so it wouldn't be a tough scene to transition to. Anything with Bran, Sansa or Arya preceding it would make sense as well.

I agree with that.

This feels so early though...guess we'll be embroiled with Vale politics for the rest of the season?

After this episode, we'll probably only check back in with Sansa/LF in the finale which will introduce the Lords Declarant. I don't think they're going to get too far into that stuff this season. They'll leave enough for S5.

Archived