The Rise and Fall of Kings, Just and Cruel

Jonny Boy

Okay, here is how the game works: This is the court of King Jonnyboy, first of his name, king of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. He dispenses justice in whatever way he deems fit.

Now, until the king dies, as no king can live forever, you will play the parts of the various courtiers and various petitioner's to the Iron Throne. Your role is to come up with any situation, be it serious or absolutely ridiculous, and the current king must dispense justice to that problem in whatever way he sees as the right way to handle that particular problem.

The rules for being the king:

1. You cannot ignore specific petitions/posts: everyone must be answered accordingly.

2. Do not abuse your powers OOG(out of game): this is just a fun little game, not a real kingdom. :P

3. When you don't post or reply to petitions for 48 hours after your last post/reply, your kingship will be at an end.

Rules for courtiers/petitioner's:

1. There really is no rules for petitioners In Game, but try not to be rude, offensive etc, for the sake of others please.

Alright, let's begin! We'll do a couple of test posts/petitions to get things going. ^-^

Go!

I'd say not. All hail King Yomi, first of his name, titles, titles.

It's Queen Yomi, first of her name, etc.

King Yomi, I beg a boon!

My liege lord has been neglecting his duties regarding the smallfolk. Would you mind giving him a nudge?

Queen Yomi... but about your request, sure. Who is your liege lord and what duties exactly has he neglected?

Queen yomi. My farmers are protesting the ban on beats. I request that this law be rescinded at once.

Wasn't that a ban on beets? Still, I hear that it is very important for music to have the right beat and I love music, so beats should definitely be permitted.

Anyway, I also rescind the ban on beets, too, as I rather like beetroot. And if we don't have sugar beets yet, we should totally start cultivating them.

Instead, the forbidden vegetable shell be peas, because they are disgusting with their hard shell and soft core.

Puh, so many laws... I think I need a Master of Laws. Lord Lyman, are you interested in this position?

It's Queen Yomi, first of her name, etc.

Queen Yomi... but about your request, sure. Who is your liege lord and what duties exactly has he neglected?

Apologies, my Queen!

Lord Laezey has neglected to maintain the upkeep of his tennant farmer's homes and has allowed a much-needed dam to fall into disrepair as well. The dam is particularly important as without it water cannot be diverted to our fields during dry spells such as this one. The roofs on the dwellings can wait for now, but if it starts raining the floors will get muddy.

Apologies, my Queen!

Lord Laezey has neglected to maintain the upkeep of his tennant farmer's homes and has allowed a much-needed dam to fall into disrepair as well. The dam is particularly important as without it water cannot be diverted to our fields during dry spells such as this one. The roofs on the dwellings can wait for now, but if it starts raining the floors will get muddy.

I see. Apparently immediate action is neccessary concerning the dam. As you seem quite competent, Lady Blizzardborn, I'll leave the organisation of it's repair to you. The crown will loan money to Lord Laezey or rather to you, so that you can pay for needed materials and maybe additional workers - I'm sure you could find some here in King's Landing. Lord Laezey can then return the loan with interest to us within the next five years. I'll send him a letter with the details as well as the order to take care of the roofs soon after you've repaired the dam.

Ah, and after the dam is repaired, maybe those farmers could start to cultivate sugar beets?

Queen Yomi! i am pleased to inform you that the cultivation of beets in my fiefdom has begun with flourish! After years without these apples of the dirt, the smallfolk have risen to the challenge of reestablishing their beloved vegetable to its rightful place on you luncheon table. I formally request your leave to hold a tourney in celebration of this grand event. Your presents at this event would be an honor to my house and my land.

Queen Yomi! i am pleased to inform you that the cultivation of beets in my fiefdom has begun with flourish! After years without these apples of the dirt, the smallfolk have risen to the challenge of reestablishing their beloved vegetable to its rightful place on you luncheon table. I formally request your leave to hold a tourney in celebration of this grand event. Your presents at this event would be an honor to my house and my land.

We are pleased by this news and gladly grant you the permittance to hold this tourney. If Our time allows it, We will come and watch.

I see. Apparently immediate action is neccessary concerning the dam. As you seem quite competent, Lady Blizzardborn, I'll leave the organisation of it's repair to you. The crown will loan money to Lord Laezey or rather to you, so that you can pay for needed materials and maybe additional workers - I'm sure you could find some here in King's Landing. Lord Laezey can then return the loan with interest to us within the next five years. I'll send him a letter with the details as well as the order to take care of the roofs soon after you've repaired the dam.

Ah, and after the dam is repaired, maybe those farmers could start to cultivate sugar beets?

Many thanks, oh gracious queen! The farmers and I will look into sowing beets as well, per your majesty's pleasure.

Wasn't that a ban on beets? Still, I hear that it is very important for music to have the right beat and I love music, so beats should definitely be permitted.

Anyway, I also rescind the ban on beets, too, as I rather like beetroot. And if we don't have sugar beets yet, we should totally start cultivating them.

Instead, the forbidden vegetable shell be peas, because they are disgusting with their hard shell and soft core.

Puh, so many laws... I think I need a Master of Laws. Lord Lyman, are you interested in this position?

The ban on peas will be greatly appriciated. I try to pass around the first plate of peas as a token of good faith at feast. Alas, I always seem to have the plate returned without a pea missing.

I gladly accept your offer to be Master of Laws.

My Queen, the farmers rejoice and sing your praises. The dam is repaired and Lord Laezey has promised to fix the thatch on our roofs. The beets have been sown and the best of our first crop will be sent to King's Landing for Her Gracious Majesty to enjoy!

Many thanks, oh gracious queen! The farmers and I will look into sowing beets as well, per your majesty's pleasure.

We await your raven, your grace. We shall prepare the greatest of beet-based feasts in your honor.

The ban on peas will be greatly appriciated. I try to pass around the first plate of peas as a token of good faith at feast. Alas, I always seem to have the plate returned without a pea missing.

I gladly accept your offer to be Master of Laws.

All hail Lord Lyman, Master of Law!

Congratulations, Lord Lyman! Our queen shows wisdom in appointing you, but then she always shows wisdom. You should have seen Lord Laezey's face when he read that Ravenmail! :lol:

My Queen, the farmers rejoice and sing your praises. The dam is repaired and Lord Laezey has promised to fix the thatch on our roofs. The beets have been sown and the best of our first crop will be sent to King's Landing for Her Gracious Majesty to enjoy!

Apparently I have done a quite good job, but as I didn't have a lot of time the last to days, I guess I have abdicated and retired.

I hope my successor will keep good Lord Lyman as Master of Laws (if Lord Lyman isn't my successor as King Lyman himself).

My Lord KingJoffrey'sRevenge, I hope I'm still welcome at your tourney and feast as queen emerita. If so I would gladly come and now, relieved of my duties as ruling queen I should surely have the time to do so.

Archived