[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

Is still dont understand why they havent referred to him as the Red Viper yet, as opposed to the mountain which they also havent referred to as Ser Gregor.

They'll probably do it in episodes 7 or 8, just to keep it more fresh in the Unsullied's mind. As for Ser Gregor- we don't need to hear it, the same way we've never heard Sandor Clegane.

Is still dont understand why they havent referred to him as the Red Viper yet

Yeah it makes no sense. They could have thrown in a "they call him the Red Viper of Dorne" when Tyrion is waiting for him to arrive.

ETA: They have referred to The Mountain as "Gregor Clegane" more than once, from memory.

Oberyn as Quentin would be so ... no ... just no. They couldn't be more diffrent from each other even if they tried. I can seriously not see Oberyn doing anything that Quentin did, it would just kill Oberyn's charcter in a much more gruesome way than even the Mountain ever could. :D

About how Oberyn will die, Lena and Pedro (Cersei and Oberyn) were on a magazine together, and there was -> this interesting picture. I saw someone speculate that they might be hinting at Oberyn's death, and that would mean it stays the same as in the books. I don't really know what to think of that, but it would be pretty crafty.

Well, snap! :stunned:

They'll probably do it in episodes 7 or 8, just to keep it more fresh in the Unsullied's mind. As for Ser Gregor- we don't need to hear it, the same way we've never heard Sandor Clegane.

We just got our first "Sandor" in E6, so they definitely can hold off on nicknames if they choose to.

Is still dont understand why they havent referred to him as the Red Viper yet, as opposed to the mountain which they also havent referred to as Ser Gregor.

Maybe he tells the story to Tyrion next ep before the offer? Or they have a scene before the trial?

In weeks ahead promo Oberyn says 'All those who have wronged me...are right here" - so I think he does speak to someone right before the fight

Nice how everyone gets carried away about how the death of Oberyn got Dorne involved.Yes the dorn is boiling after the news reach them but do we see war happening ? No! So its kinda pointless for the show unless the skip Aegon. Oberyn has made it pretty clear in the show how much they hate the Lannisters. Lets face it they are not going to introduce 10 new characters in the next season. They don't want to confuse the unsullied. Doran Martell, Arianne and maybe only just maybe they introduce Darkstar, Quentyn is not gonna happen.

They could have the viper kill the mountain and him being badly injured. It would be good for the audience to see that not even the red viper a fearsome warrior is not able to mount a dragon.

Might not happen - but it could.

Me neither. Red Viper is much catchier than Oberyn and easier for the audience to remember. It would make sense if the characters would address him as "Prince Oberyn" but talk about him as the "Red Viper of Dorne".

EDIT: P.S. Come to think of it, has Olenna ever been called the Queen of Thorns on the show?

Just one thing : the audience of the show doesnt see oberyn like we do, he's not displayed as this fearsome poisonous warrior with a maesters chain everybody is kinda scarred of. The Quentin plot to ooc for him, i dont know show oberyn is quite full of himself i could see it happen.

People say it would change the story completely. Not if Oberyn wins and gets disqualified for using poison.

*IF Tyrion and Oberyn flee together than they could have some good conversations which would bring the audience up tro speed with dorne.*

^edit

Just one thing : the audience of the show doesnt see oberyn like we do, he's not displayed as this fearsome poisonous warrior with a maesters chain everybody is kinda scarred of. The Quentin plot to ooc for him, i dont know show oberyn is quite full of himself i could see it happen.

People say it would change the story completely. Not if Oberyn wins and gets disqualified for using poison.

*IF Tyrion and Oberyn flee together than they could have some good conversations which would bring the audience up tro speed with dorne.*

^edit

The point is that it's not gonna happen.

Nice how everyone gets carried away about how the death of Oberyn got Dorne involved.Yes the dorn is boiling after the news reach them but do we see war happening ? No! So its kinda pointless for the show unless the skip Aegon. Oberyn has made it pretty clear in the show how much they hate the Lannisters. Lets face it they are not going to introduce 10 new characters in the next season. They don't want to confuse the unsullied. Doran Martell, Arianne and maybe only just maybe they introduce Darkstar, Quentyn is not gonna happen.

They could have the viper kill the mountain and him being badly injured. It would be good for the audience to see that not even the red viper a fearsome warrior is not able to mount a dragon.

Might not happen - but it could.

Are you kidding me?? Quentyn Martell will definitley make it into the show. Who else would try to steal her dragons and then get burned alive in the process?

As others have stated, this won't work because it would mean that Tyrion is innocent. It would ruin his necessity to flee, and that's a plothole that I don't see being easily remedied. Other than that, Oberyn and Quentin really don't seem anything alike one another to me. One is brave and bold and extremely confident. The other is not, to say the least (and Quentin's moment of hesitation is what gets him killed).

I'm sorry to say, that even if this could work, I would not want them to change the story like this. It would be a character assassination to either character to try to combine the two.

Are you kidding me?? Quentyn Martell will definitley make it into the show. Who else would try to steal her dragons and then get burned alive in the process?

Yeah, not to mention, he is crucial to her Maegi prophecy. I completely believe he is the sun that rises in the West and sets in the East.

Archived