A Compendium of Theories v.2

Angalin

Hello, I have been lurking for several months now and love reading all of these theories! Is there anything that contains everything about Old Nan e.g. Her tales and origins etc? :)

For what it's worth I did this one a while back...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/90950-the-last-hero-tale-by-old-nan-foreshadows-the-deaths-of/

Hello, I have been lurking for several months now and love reading all of these theories! Is there anything that contains everything about Old Nan e.g. Her tales and origins etc? :)

There is a compilation made of all her tales that was quoted into Heresy in its sixth thread. There should be a link to all the heresy threads in Wolfmaid's guide to heresy under the DwD subheader.

I didn't read through the entire thread, but there seems to be a growing population of subscribers to the Pale Wight Throat theory, a.k.a. the idea that Tommen, reborn as a wight, will wrap his hands around Cersei's throat and choke her to death as the valonqar of the prophecy. It draws on the idea that the Maegi answered Cersei's question about having children with a response relevant to the question, making the valonqar one of her children. It also takes into consideration the fact that wights seem strangely predisposed to choking people, as in Will (AGoT) and Jon VII (AGoT). Edited by DigitalCount

Theon/Lady Dustin's descent into Winterfell crypts, wasnt just dialogue, but fit an empty hole with plot.

It's stated that a Barrow King of old, warred with the Starks. The Stark's won, and to maintain compliance and peace, The Barrow King awarded his daughter to them. I'd theorize, Brandon The Breaker won this prize.

Lady Dustin explains to Theon, that she had a thing for Eddard's brother, Brandon Stark.

The idea is, the Barrow King's daughter was a Dustin. Lady Dustin of old, daughter of a barrow king, could inherit the monicker (like Sansa=wolf queen; Daenerys=dragon queen, etc) Corpse Queen.

A Dustin, fell for a Brandon, and things go awry (both timelines). There's also a missing sword in both (Ice, in aeons past, and one of the iron blades of the now)

Theon/Lady Dustin's descent into Winterfell crypts, wasnt just dialogue, but fit an empty hole with plot.

It's stated that a Barrow King of old, warred with the Starks. The Stark's won, and to maintain compliance and peace, The Barrow King awarded his daughter to them. I'd theorize, Brandon The Breaker won this prize.

Lady Dustin explains to Theon, that she had a thing for Eddard's brother, Brandon Stark.

The idea is, the Barrow King's daughter was a Dustin. Lady Dustin of old, daughter of a barrow king, could inherit the monicker (like Sansa=wolf queen; Daenerys=dragon queen, etc) Corpse Queen.

A Dustin, fell for a Brandon, and things go awry (both timelines). There's also a missing sword in both (Ice, in aeons past, and one of the iron blades of the now)

Lady Dustin is not a Dustin by birth :S

A new "Grand House Dayne / Dawn = Lightbringer Theory" [on reddit] in three parts -

Part 1 (and a continuation of part 1), Part 2, Part 3 (and more proof to part 3)

And more proof from the same author to B+A=J etc. (Part 1 and Part 2, which includes lemongate...)

IMO a theory very well-built and worth looking in to, if not entirely convincing.

• 3 weeks later...

The theory that Euron is going to be drowned by Aeron's urine got a big boost when I did a search for the thread about it and found out that Euron is a brand name of urine receptacles.

History will remember you fondly.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

• 2 months later...

New to the boards, this idea may have been previously brought up (if so, please point me in the right direction) but something along the lines of Theon's Redemption has been on my mind. Whether to bring Jon back to life, or for some other "noble" reason, I could see Theon (who is a fraction of himself now) sacrificing himself for the Starks to redeem some honor and prove his ultimate loyalty.

In particular, he is technically a son of a king (as Balon declared as one of the Five) and king's blood can be used by Melisandre to resurrect....anything here? It's not well thought out or documented but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone liked that angle.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Hoster was talking about Tansy on his death bed because it was the Tansy Tea he made Lysa drink to have an aborition. Thus all the jabbering about 'all the blood' and whatnot.

I don't have the particular passage but don't we see Tansy later on in the Riverlands (I believe in one of the Brienne or BwB) at an inn or brothel?  I always wondered what that meant...

I don't have the particular passage but don't we see Tansy later on in the Riverlands (I believe in one of the Brienne or BwB) at an inn or brothel?  I always wondered what that meant...

It added a bit of ambiguity to Hoster's deathbed rambling, it's still likely that it was Lysa's abortion he was talking about but it is possible he had an affair.