The Official World of Ice and Fire Cover

Is there actually an official cover for this book yet? I thought that was still forthcoming. Or have I somehow missed that reveal? :D

The cover shown on GRRM's website looks official-ish but it doesn't have the dragon on a red field like you describe. It has the Iron Throne.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/World-of-Ice-and-Fire-jkt-ElioLinda-1.jpg

I'm not sure how final the above image is but it appears to have been uploaded earlier this year.

Is there actually an official cover for this book yet? I thought that was still forthcoming. Or have I somehow missed that reveal? :D

The cover shown on GRRM's website looks official-ish but it doesn't have the dragon on a red field like you describe. It has the Iron Throne.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/World-of-Ice-and-Fire-jkt-ElioLinda-1.jpg

I'm not sure how final the above image is but it appears to have been uploaded earlier this year.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/370781.html

Just posted recently. It appears to be the Blackfyre sigil, as opposed to the Targaryen

It looks good, and we get another excerpt next week, according to Ran.

Oh, I love excerpts.

As much as I would have liked a mosaic of the major house insignias, I think having a three-headed (Blackfyre!) dragon on the front is excellent. I am looking forward to reading this collaborative effort, and having something to fill the days until TWOW. :read:

If we'll get another excerpt, besides the one next about the Andal/First Men/Rhoynar invasion, may I suggest the account of the remainder of the Dance? That would be a part that should interest anyone who has read TPatQ.

I think they'll be extra interested to read it in the book, then. ;)

I don't think we'll have more excerpts beyond the one next week. I suppose we may release the table of contents at some point.

We'll read the book anyway, although I admit that three excerpts would possibly be too much.

The Table of Contents would be interesting indeed.

I'd put my money on the Andal invasion for the excerpt, since the arrival of the First Men would have to be written from the POV of the Children if they were 'unwelcome'. But then, my gold mines have run dry for three, so I'm broke now, and cannot participate in a wager...

It's actiually more a metallic, vaguely bronze dragon, than a black dragon. Sorry. ;)

:P Okay, okay. I enlarged the picture. The shadows on those dragons sure made the bronze appear to be a lighter shade of black at first glance!

I think they'll be extra interested to read it in the book, then. ;)

I don't think we'll have more excerpts beyond the one next week. I suppose we may release the table of contents at some point.

:drool: Please do!! Reading material in the WoIaF app has been great, but I can hardly wait for this book. It'll be like an IV drip full of espresso for this ASoIaF junkie....

I'd put my money on the Andal invasion for the excerpt, since the arrival of the First Men would have to be written from the POV of the Children if they were 'unwelcome'. But then, my gold mines have run dry for three, so I'm broke now, and cannot participate in a wager...

Either the Andals, First Men or the Rhonyar would be it I imagine. I don't suppose anyone save the Martells was especially pleased with Nymeria's arrival, since they basically had to bend to the Martells and Nymeria

ETA: Ran, do you know if the Iron Throne art that was considered as the cover (or so I assume from an old Blog post) will still be included in the book? Because that was a wonderful piece of art :)

That was a quick suggested mock-up that Linda and I actually put together, when we and George didn't quite like some earlier designs and wanted to noodle around with some suggestions.

The piece used then was Simonetti's piece which George said was the closest anyone had gotten to his vision of the Iron Throne... but since then, Marc's created something even closer for the world book (under George's direction), and that will indeed be included.

Archived