Arrow 4: Clash of the Queens (Season 2 spoilers)

Mladen

It's genre TV. He'll be back as an unwilling ally. Maybe season 4 but he could pop up before the end of this one. They didn't kill him so he'll be back and it would be a retread if it was just as a nemesis. Look at "Lost", "buffy/angel" "farscape" for some examples off the top of my head. There are many more.

You're right of course, I just don't think it makes sense. I suppose Deadshot and Digg are pretty chummy these days, despite nothing really changing there.

You're right of course, I just don't think it makes sense. I suppose Deadshot and Digg are pretty chummy these days, despite nothing really changing there.

They won't let a little thing like "making sense" stop them :)

This is the problem with jerking the fandom's dick. They love her now, but this relationship will turn Felicity into an intolerable character. It never fails. She'll get dragged into every stock love triangle each season, when some new love interest presents herself to Ollie. Cue Felicity getting jealous, melancholy, and weepy...overall, not fun.

A good replacement - I liked her in The Wolverine.

I liked her too, but I was looking forward to the corny joke/reference about Oliver once dating Steve Aoki's sister...

I don't like this shipping of Oliver and Felicity.

It made more sense - and was funnier - when she just liked masturbating to the thought of his body.

Not that I don't think that romantic relationships are one of the things the writers of this show are terrible at handling (they were, after all, thinking they were writing Oliver and Laurel as some kind of epic romance for the ages instead of the toxic mess it actually came across), but thanks to the chemistry between the actors and several what I assume are mostly accidentally ambiguous scenes between the two of them this actually looks more organic than any other (potential) relationship for Oliver over the course of the show.

Not that that's a particularly impressive achievement, given the aforementioned track record.

I'll judge when I see it . I think everything will go wrong and there is Brandon rouths character that will date felicity.

I agree - it's more likely that Ollie will be the clingy one when Felicity starts dating superman.

More concerned over the confirmation that a DC character is going to be training Laurel on her path to becoming the canary. Mainly because it means screen time for her. I guess training montages will be better than drinking/arguing montages.

I'm indifferent about the Ra's casting. Then again I'm of the opinion they have to nail the character's inclusion in the show to justify them using an "A league" Batman character. I'm hoping his role in the flashbacks will be the fun parts.

IIRC Deadshot told him that his brother was not a random killing, someone paid for the hit. Digg wants to know who put it the contract out there, so he took a step back from trying to hill him.

It isn't the greatest plot devise, but it is something.

I don't like this shipping of Oliver and Felicity.

It made more sense - and was funnier - when she just liked masturbating to the thought of his body.

Wait, what? Did I miss that ep? :spank:

I agree - it's more likely that Ollie will be the clingy one when Felicity starts dating superman.

More concerned over the confirmation that a DC character is going to be training Laurel on her path to becoming the canary. Mainly because it means screen time for her. I guess training montages will be better than drinking/arguing montages.

I'm indifferent about the Ra's casting. Then again I'm of the opinion they have to nail the character's inclusion in the show to justify them using an "A league" Batman character. I'm hoping his role in the flashbacks will be the fun parts.

I'm fine with Laurel if she actually had something to do.

With news that Supergirl is in the works, do we need a separate thread for the DC TV universe?!!?

It really feels like DC is missing a real opportunity by clearly separating the TV and movieverses.

They're certainly limiting themselves by pigeon holing the two things. Ben Affleck in the batsuit coming to Starling City is about as likely as RDJ poping in for a week or two on Shield, but because of the ties between the movies and television, it's almost enough that the possibility exists.

With news that Supergirl is in the works, do we need a separate thread for the DC TV universe?!!?

It really feels like DC is missing a real opportunity by clearly separating the TV and movieverses.

But then we wouldn't be allowed to have any jokes in Arrow and Flash:P

I think it would be good for CW to create it's only little DC universe.

It can't work with Gotham because it appears to be a contemporary show so that wouldn't gel with a 40 odd year old BAtfleck or Arrow.

I guess constantine could have been involved in it.

The thing is I'd rather Gotham, Constantine and other characters weren't constrained by the "arrow" aesthetic. Much better to put good talent with good interpretations on those shows.

Wait, what? Did I miss that ep? :spank:

Well in multiple episodes she ogles his body. I'm assuming the visuals go into her spank bank.

Basically what annoys me is they couldn't let Felicity have blatant sexual needs disconnected from her emotions. It is possible to fantasize about someone you'd never be in a relationship with, but apparently the desire to just have Ollie's cock inside you w/ no strings attached is reserved for villains like Huntress and Ravager.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy with DC having their own separate TV universe. I hate them having to plan their events around what happens in the movies. I like that they're making their own little universe with cross overs but not having to worry about yet another element that might completely screw with their plotting. Shield having to wait for Capt 2 and just filling in some gaps with bullshit is what I'd like to avoid with Arrow and Flash.

Well in multiple episodes she ogles his body. I'm assuming the visuals go into her spank bank.1

Basically what annoys me is they couldn't let Felicity have blatant sexual needs disconnected from her emotions. It is possible to fantasize about someone you'd never be in a relationship with, but apparently the desire to just have Ollie's cock inside you w/ no strings attached is reserved for villains like Huntress and Ravager.2

1. Don't think I have ever heard that term applied to a women before. I was just yanking your chain, I knew what you meant.

2. While I see your point, the fact that Ollie has slept w/ every women on the show except his sister and Fea, makes me hope they never get together.

As for the DC U, I read an article a while back that the author thought that DC was making a big mistake trying to make their own/ take on the Marvel U. The main points were 1) that DC has/is doing well in every other media other then film. 2) That while Batman/ Superman are still the 2 biggest superhero properties, DC has yet to establish a 3rd viable movie property, 3) By committing to so many movies this far out, DC is Leveraging their future on JLA and bunch of unproven movie properties.

IMO DC would be best served if they have some type of tie-in w/ Arrow and the upcoming Flash. AofS got tied in w/ Winter Soldier and then started finding some success, after months of just hanging around. The shows would help hype the movies, which could then help raise level of the shows

AoS was shit though and needed the game changer from winter soldier. Flash and arrow don't.

Pretty much. I'm not even convinced the new season will be as good as I suspect a spinning of wheels until Avengers comes out.

Someone on the AoS thread also made the valid point that not everyone rushes out to watch a film on its release so tying film into TV is generally a bad idea.

Maybe if Arrow hadn't been so greedy with using all the DC (especially Batman) characters hasn't helped their chances of being in with the films. Then again I loved the DC animated Universe without it sharing with the films - so I'm hoping CW can do it with their TV shows too.

Archived