American Horror Story: Freak Show - Send in the Clowns!

Sci-2

A fella I was a mild acquaintance with decided that it was socially acceptable to tell a bunch of guys he hardly knew about the clown he hired for his kid's birthday having an affair with his wife... now every time I see a clown --even one as horrifying as Twisty-- I kind of laugh in my head thinking about this shlub's wife being boinked with squeaky noises,a confetti money shot,,, and a pair of giant shoes under the bed.

Am I the only one who can't stand Jessica Lange anymore?
She was perfect in S1 as a secondary character. She was pretty bad as Sister Jude, but her interactions with Frances Conroy were great.. she became insuferable in Coven and now I just cringe every time she's on screen.

Also, she needs an accent coach. Not sure what's worse between her "german" accent or her supposedly boston accent in Asylum.

A fella I was a mild acquaintance with decided that it was socially acceptable to tell a bunch of guys he hardly knew about the clown he hired for his kid's birthday having an affair with his wife... now every time I see a clown --even one as horrifying as Twisty-- I kind of laugh in my head thinking about this shlub's wife being boinked with squeaky noises,a confetti money shot,,, and a pair of giant shoes under the bed.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :dunce:

I was going to make a joke about what that role play might look like, but then I just felt sad.

Meh, I was pretty underwhelmed by Twisty's origin story.

I can't believe I didn't notice that Mordrake is Ricky from America Beauty. It's one of my absolute favorite movies, and I didn't realize it was him until this episode.

I wonder if Dandy is going to kill his mother now?

Meh, I was pretty underwhelmed by Twisty's origin story.

I can't believe I didn't notice that Mordrake is Ricky from America Beauty. It's one of my absolute favorite movies, and I didn't realize it was him until this episode.

I wonder if Dandy is going to kill his mother now?

I think he's going to kill everyone now. I'm kind of bummed about twisty. I agree, the back story wasn't quite what I expected. Guess I was expected something a little more heartbreaking, if that makes sense. I was holding out hope that some how he would do something heroic. Oh well, still love the show.

Meh, once they showed Twisty without the mask I figured he was on the slide into being dead weight.

On another show I'd congratulate them on subverting expectations regarding Twisty being the big bad, but given it's AHS I figure this was the plot they drew out of a hat.

I loved tonight's episode, much better than the three before it. I particularly liked Elsa's backstory and the whole dominatrix stuff and then the horrible snuff film... Man, that was tough to watch. As for Twisty, I knew he was a goner since the second episode, for me it was clear that Dandy would fill his shoes.

I loved tonight's episode, much better than the three before it. I particularly liked Elsa's backstory and the whole dominatrix stuff and then the horrible snuff film... Man, that was tough to watch. As for Twisty, I knew he was a goner since the second episode, for me it was clear that Dandy would fill his shoes.

I figured twisty and dandy would "work" together for awhile. I was hoping that twisty would see dandy wasn't killing for some emotional scars, he was killing because he enjoyed it, then take him out. Nope. It does seem he's going to rampage now. If that happens, I just wonder how this will effect Jimmy. After the citizens come to thank him then the murders continue.

I loved the episode. I am really enjoying this season more than any of the others.

Loved the back stories, loved Mordrake.

I'm a little iffy on the twins growing jealous of jimmy and the phony psychic hooking up. Seems like the twins may not survive the season.

And I love Lange as well.

I recently binge-watched Coven and am currently watching Freak Show, and I have loved them both so far. I think some of the elements in these two seasons that people tend to dislike (not as serious/scary as Murder House or Asylum, silly/funny plotlines, over-the-top characters, general fabulousness) are the things I'm enjoying the most. Frances Conroy's outfits from last season deserve their own thread. :D

Speaking of Frances Conroy, I hope she has a showdown with her crazy-ass son this season, ends up being even crazier than him, and kills him. :thumbsup:

Episode 4 Pros:

• Kathy Bates was breaking my heart. Love her. :love:
  • Twisty's backstory (actually sad to see him go)
  • Elsa's backstory (Jesus!)

Episode 4 Cons:

• Jimmy / Esmeralda love story (are these two actors involved in a love triangle in all the seasons?)
  • Dandy killing Patti LaBelle (I figured that would happen eventually, but I really enjoyed their sassy exchanges, and wanted more)
  • Dot / Beth in a formaldehyde tank in the teaser? :bawl:

Archived