64 replies to this topic

#1 Bearded Swordsman

Bearded Swordsman

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

We know that Tywin sent Tysha to the place ' where whores go '. We learn it from Jaime who doesn't want to lie to his brother anymore. Only thing we know for sure is the fact that she was raped by a lot of soldiers.

Many suggest that daughter of the sailor from Bravoos is actually Tysha who somehow managed to survive. but let's focus on her pretty much obvious pregnancy. She gives a birth to a dwarf child. She tells girl some mysterious dwarf father and turns her in to some kind of comedian troop.

Penny meets there Oppo with who she becames the BFF.  Could it be that Tyrion was traveling with his daughter fro this whole time and knows nothing about it ?

#2 Lewton

Lewton

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

wouldn't that make Penny like 12 at most?

#3 TallTyrion

TallTyrion

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

We know that Tywin sent Tysha to the place ' where whores go '. We learn it from Jaime who doesn't want to lie to his brother anymore. Only thing we know for sure is the fact that she was raped by a lot of soldiers.

Many suggest that daughter of the sailor from Bravoos is actually Tysha who somehow managed to survive. but let's focus on her pretty much obvious pregnancy. She gives a birth to a dwarf child. She tells girl some mysterious dwarf father and turns her in to some kind of comedian troop.

Penny meets there Oppo with who she becames the BFF.  Could it be that Tyrion was traveling with his daughter fro this whole time and knows nothing about it ?

Why is there an obvious pregnancy?  

#4 Bearded Swordsman

Bearded Swordsman

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Why is there an obvious pregnancy?  

Well I just assumed that after being with almost 30 one after another there has to be at least small chance :/

#5 TallTyrion

TallTyrion

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Well I just assumed that after being with almost 30 one after another there has to be at least small chance :/

Yeah but then it wouldn't be Tyrion's daughter it would be some random Lannister soldiers bastard.

Also I'm not a doctor or anything but I would think the physical trauma Tysha suffered after what the Lannister guards did to her would leave her lucky to be alive much less with child.

#6 Wmarshal

Wmarshal

The black king

• Members
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

I am in the theory that the sailor's wife is Tysha and Lanna is his hot daughter.

#7 TallTyrion

TallTyrion

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Also even if Tysha was pregnant at the time I can't imagine Tywin not forcing her to drink moon tea just to be safe. Last thing he wants is a child coming later with a claim to CR. 

#8 Wmarshal

Wmarshal

The black king

• Members
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

Tysha's child would have been no  more then a bastard, Tywin made it as if it never happened.

#9 Inc4

Inc4

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yeah but then it wouldn't be Tyrion's daughter it would be some random Lannister soldiers bastard.

Excellent point! But, the point our dear friend Bearded Swordman is trying to make is Penny being Tyrion's daughter.

If that has to be true, Penny should be only 12 years old. And Oppo should not be her brother. But Penny recalls her father being a dwarf as well (and she has met him). There is a tiny possiblity that your theory wouldn't be true. And also too obvious for GRRM to take that path.

#10 FerociousVeldtRoarer

FerociousVeldtRoarer

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Also even if Tysha was pregnant at the time I can't imagine Tywin not forcing her to drink moon tea just to be safe. Last thing he wants is a child coming later with a claim to CR. 

Why on Earth would he bother with moon tea, instead of just cutting her throat? That would be the most realistic fate of Tyrion's wife. 

#11 Bearded Swordsman

Bearded Swordsman

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Why on Earth would he bother with moon tea, instead of just cutting her throat? That would be the most realistic fate of Tyrion's wife. 

So why he did not do that ? It could end all of the possible problems. Still he at least told tyrion that he didn;t killed her :X

#12 FerociousVeldtRoarer

FerociousVeldtRoarer

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

So why he did not do that ?

Who says he didn't? Oh yes: Tywin. Whose record in regard to truthfulness is, let's say, less than stellar.

#13 Bearded Swordsman

Bearded Swordsman

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Who says he didn't? Oh yes: Tywin. Whose record in regard to truthfulness is, let's say, less than stellar.

Well yes but it was Jaime who told Tyrion that Tysha is alive in the first place. Tyrion only wanted to hear thsi from his father...

#14 FerociousVeldtRoarer

FerociousVeldtRoarer

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Well yes but it was Jaime who told Tyrion that Tysha is alive in the first place.

Nope. "In the first place", he told him she was a whore. The last time they talked, he confessed that she wasn't. Nothing there about her being alive.

#15 Lady Blizzardborn

Lady Blizzardborn

the Mother of Games

• Members
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

If we're going with the idea that Tysha was pregnant, I'd assume Tyrion is the father because they had some time together before his father found out so she easily could have been pregnant already before the horrific event.

But why are we assuming they had a daughter?  There could be Tyrion son running around somewhere.

The Sailor's Wife is as likely to be Gerion's wife.  Perhaps more likely.  If Tysha had a daughter, she probably would not have named her Lanna.  Maybe Tyria or some other varation of Tyrion's name, but not anything reminiscent of Lannisters in general.  Not after what Tywin ordered done to her.

#16 Wmarshal

Wmarshal

The black king

• Members
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Unlikely Lanna is Gerion. Gerion left Westeros around 10 years ago, Lanna is fourteen.

#17 Fire Eater

Fire Eater

Ghost Haunting Valyria

• Members
  • 11,416 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

I think Penny is Tyrion's daughter. Think "dwarf's penny" which refers to the tax on whoring attributed to Tyrion when it was Tywin's idea while Tysha was given many coins for Tywin's sharp lesson in giving her to the garrison.

Unlikely Lanna is Gerion. Gerion left Westeros around 10 years ago, Lanna is fourteen.

He could have visited Essos before his voyage to Valyria.

#18 Wmarshal

Wmarshal

The black king

• Members
  • 6,434 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Again unlikely, Gerion would have been aiding his brothers rebuilding the fleet after the Greyjoy rebellion, leaving admit after that would not been ideal.

As to Penny, she told us he childhood and family, it is pretty clear she is just a random dwarf.

#19 JonCon's Red Beard

JonCon's Red Beard

The one with the Targaryen Entitlement™

• Members
  • 12,438 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

Also I'm not a doctor or anything but I would think the physical trauma Tysha suffered after what the Lannister guards did to her would leave her lucky to be alive much less with child.

There is the precedent of Lollys. Raped by 50 men and managed to have a healthy (I think) child. And Bronn even talks about making one of his own.

#20 Lord Lyman

Lord Lyman

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

If Penny was Tyrion's daughter, she be at most 10 years old. I doubt she would be doing comedy jousting shows at that age without some sort of manager overseeing the act.

Edited by Lord Lyman, 10 May 2014 - 10:56 PM.