Music played at the weddings

GloveroftheNorth

Hey guys, good to be here, iv been reading the forums for a few years now and finally decided to register. Some great posts on here...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows the title of the song that is played before the rains of castamere at the red wedding, it is also played briefly during the purple wedding...iv been searching the web trying to find it but having no luck...

If anyone has a link to the song that would be fantastic

So it was an instrumental of the bear and the maiden fair, does anyone know where a version of this is available?

Does not exist. They played it in the background both at the RW (string quartet version) and the PW (more of a light, lute version), but I can't find it separately.

I've sounded it out and play it on my guitalele (pretending it's a lute), so I may post an audio of that at some point, but it's been driving me crazy to find the instrumental background tracks in this show.

Thanks for the reply, it's a shame that the soundtrack doesn't feature the instrumentals, the bear and maiden fair played at the wedding was a much better version to the rock version played at the credits scene...

If you do find the time to record a version I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Thanks for the reply, it's a shame that the soundtrack doesn't feature the instrumentals, the bear and maiden fair played at the wedding was a much better version to the rock version played at the credits scene...

If you do find the time to record a version I'd be very interested in hearing it.

I'll definitely try to! But yeah, I agree that I prefer the instrumental track. Come to think of it, I play the instruments in a string quartet as well. I own a violin and viola, so if I can find a cello and some kind of drum to borrow, I could record a version that sounds a bit fuller. May be a bit off, but could be fun.

As a side note, if you like more medieval-ish sounding music, you might like this cover of the Bear and the Maiden Fair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VMSYIXCCY

The guys in this band (Tall like Tyrion) have tried to make their own melodies for a number of songs from ASOIAF. Their versions are 100% different, but I rather like their interpretations (especially Dornishman's Wife, also on their youtube channel). Worth a listen, at the least.

I really hope they'll include it on soundtrack this year. That is such a catchy tune.

• 3 months later...

So it was an instrumental of the bear and the maiden fair, does anyone know where a version of this is available?

Finally got around to recording this (just me and my "lute"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZtjpUUms0&feature=youtu.be

I may rerecord a cleaner version later...got distracted by a bug in the middle of playing this :blushing:

Aw, thanks :) :blushing: . Certainly needs polishing. Here's hoping S5 gives us more material (Dornishman's Wife, please).

I'm almost 100 percent certain we'll get Dornishman's Wife next year. Let's just say there's some singing at the beginning of the Tyene audition and that song would make perfect sense there.

Let's hope! The Rains of Castamere is getting quite stale, in my opinion...

Feast/Dance spoilers:

If they get to it this season, I could definitely see them cutting to credits and playing their rendition of Dornishman's Wife after Doran places the cyvasse piece in Arianne's hand and says "Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood." HOW BADASS WOULD THAT BE

ETA oh wait

Archived